Sign in to follow this  
Scorpio

Lot of new air units

Hey guys,

Well, i've been messing around with O2, and i've found a lot of new things. 02 was easier to use than i thought smile.gif. A LOT of new models have been created by me, and i think i have made...well, TOO MUCH aircrafts. I think i have made about 27 models, but these include buildings and land units too, like the US Capital, the Whitehouse, a City Coach, and many more! But the only thing is that some of these models are very basic, and i would not have time to finish them, so i am joing DKM modelling department and i will work with others to help complete these models. I page with images will be available soon, so sit tight!

Aircraft... Release... NOW!!!

Uhhh, please?? sad.gif

I think i will call it....ahh sod it. This project will take lots of people to work on, so it will be released in a month or so, if i am quick.

Hehe, just kidding.

What new units are you working at?

GOD DAMNIT CAN'T BIS JUST RELEASE O2 TO THE PUBLIC?!?! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH EASIER EVERYBODY'S LIFE WOULD BE AND HOW MANY NEW ADDITIONS THIS GAME WOULD HAVE!?!?!

Sorry I dont know what happpened there. Must've been that sneaky caps lock.

Nah...... screw the public! Do you know how many crappy additions there will be if its released to the public? Even ModMakers can't release completely bug-free addons and that's after heaps of testing!

Screw the public! smile.gif

This is why there should be a unified add on review team that controls what kind of crap gets released. Some of the mods and add ons I've seen have no business being released to the public. They are just too terrible. Eventually the public will get O2 and all of the OFP sites will get a torrential flood of crap.

But there's one problem with the tools being released to modders only; most mods are making same units (UH-1, C-130, jets, etc.) and this is the problem I see. Example, I wish that someone makes BTR, well nobody makes it because no mod has it. (this was just a radical example)

Well, i've currently finished the Double Decker Bus, and the F-14 Tomcat. And i've also got some models of the Mirage, MIG-29, F-16, F-15, F-22, F117, US Capitol building, Russian BTR, Hummer with MG, Boeing 747, ERA Awacs, F-18, and...that's it. biggrin.gif I'm not joking, these are real models i've made out of O2, all of them. They are a little simple now, and don't have that much of a poly count, but will do. A page with screenshots will be up tomorrow hopefully. smile.gif

I think i might start my own mod or something with all these models confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ May 07 2002,12:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, i've currently finished the Double Decker Bus, and the F-14 Tomcat. And i've also got some models of the Mirage, MIG-29, F-16, F-15, F-22, F117, US Capitol building, Russian BTR, Hummer with MG, Boeing 747, ERA Awacs, F-18, and...that's it. biggrin.gif  I'm not joking, these are real models i've made out of O2, all of them. They are a little simple now, and don't have that much of a poly count, but will do. A page with screenshots will be up tomorrow hopefully. smile.gif

I think i might start my own mod or something with all these models confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Modelling is one thing but have you actually tried flying the suckers? Also have you run into any problems getting the interiors to look realistic? I know BIS relies on actual photographs of the interiors of vehicles and aircraft. However I imagine that it must be fairly difficult to get ahold of those photgraphs especially pictures of the inside of armored vehicles which you don't often see good pictures of.

Ditto for planes like C130's.

I remember someone saying awhile back that the reason BIS didn't release a C130 was because of some technical problem with the game engine that didn't allow for that. I think it was one of the IDF squad guys that mentioned that. At any rate, if you're able to release even one aircraft or vehicle soon that would be very cool. I think that would better (at least for us) then waiting for a whole pack of vehicles to be released. Also that way the public can beta-test your vehicles and updates can be made as necessary...

Anyhoo...if you need a beta-tester for any of your addons I have 8 years of military experience in an Army Reserve Combat Heavy Engineer unit and I have a ton of manuals, and books on military aircraft and vehicles. My email addy is chrisgie@txdirect.net

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Lol, I think Scorpio mistook this game for one of those Jane's Flight Sims. It's an infantry sim brother. Air/Ground/Sea vehicles are there just to diversify it.

747s ? F-14s ? Why do you waste time modeling those ? You've got the official tools, so give the public what it wants, a good mortar, BTR series APC, etc. Nobody cares about a jet that can cross the island in 1 second (exaggerating) and ends up having absolutely no use apart from the comment "God damn that's fast"