1para{god-father}

what does if(true)exitWith{};

After a script I sometimes see :-

if(true)exitWith{};

i.e

ASfirstrun = true;

nul = [s1,"trans"] execVM "airSup\airSupInit.sqf";

if(true)exitWith{};

can somone please explain what this means just so i know !

Many thnaks

At the very end of the script it is senseless since a sqf script will exit anyway at it's end.

if (condition) exitwith {code};

can be used to break from a while do loop, as example.

I've seen that idium used inside a loop to force termination. Some other elements processed various cases and established the condition that was then used to decide whether to continue cycling through the loop.

If can be used in the middle of a script (in it's main scope) to exit it, say i.e. the rest of the script doesn't fully work yet and it already contains block comments making it hard to comment the rest out.

At the end of a script, as [GLT]Myke says, it serves no purpose. I've seen it used, but I think it's just practice of using exit command in sqs scripts that somehow made it into sqf practice.

Yeah, you're right. Should have mentioned that, sorry. I'm aware what it says, but I've never had it happen to me. Not sure how to read it either actually: sometimes it may exit the script, sometimes some other scope. How can it exit some other scope? A script can only be at one place at a time unless spawned/execVM'ed (correct me if I'm wrong here). Then again, I haven't had to rely on this method many times, only a few times during development of a script, never in the finished product.

But what if the script with the exitWith is included to other one using #include?

I assume you will get the exact same result as if you had copied the included script into where you include it. Meaning if it is in the outermost scope then it will exit the script.

I assume you will get the exact same result as if you had copied the included script into where you include it. Meaning if it is in the outermost scope then it will exit the script.

Yeah, #include pretty much means "paste the contents here".

In general before a script file is accessed by the interpreter it goes through a pre-processor.