Sign in to follow this  
bfcrusader

Carrier Command site undergoing change

I was just thinking they would put in some effort and have somthing up for christmas:rolleyes:

Still time:D

Not got a pc to play it any way just now, six year old PC lost out over new cars! Never had a games console but the PS3 looks good just to get back into games.

Maybe there's something with higher priority than updating the website?

Sometimes I really wonder how people can say a game under development gets abandoned because the website for it is not updated.

Really, I prefer they work on the game rather than the fancy website.

It could be just me but I think it would have made more sense to leave the web site till they were ready to do it, how long since it changed, far too long in my book that suggests they pulled the plug out without having anything ready.

Again to me a strange way to go about it.

It really does not boost confidence to me that this game is under and this is my own personal view a very disorganised team.

Is this an actual game in development with a professional team and backing or is it a small semi professional team?

Hey, at least things are still progressing, aren't they? I believe we wont have to wait nearly as long for news this time around. I for one can't wait to see the new contents, news bits etc.

It could be just me but I think it would have made more sense to leave the web site till they were ready to do it, how long since it changed, far too long in my book that suggests they pulled the plug out without having anything ready.

Agreed. I wouldn't make it any different. :)

Again to me a strange way to go about it.

It really does not boost confidence to me that this game is under and this is my own personal view a very disorganised team.

Is this an actual game in development with a professional team and backing or is it a small semi professional team?

Judging by your join date I presume you're not that long around.

One thing you should remember: We're dealing here with a small (okay no more that small), independent game studio.

This is not EA, Sony, or some other game developer with a multi-million dollar PR department.

I’m all for small dedicated teams, after all one of my favourite all times games was Elite on the BBC model B. and that started with two guys in there bed rooms.

I am a follower of the Mod “Project reality†for BF2 on the PC and for a small team they blow me away with there presentations, feedback, news. You have faith in them that they are building an impressive mod and you know what they are up to and in the loop.

You get updates of new units, what maps they are developing and what tweaks they are up to and these guys are doing it for free.

Any update on when the new site is going to be up or when we can have any other news regarding the project ?

I keep poping back in to see and nothing as usual.

I thought there would be a christmas post or news but nothing.

It really is funny how venomous some people become because they can't wait for this game, lashing out the usual accusations of 'unprofessionalism' blah blah yawn. I can't wait for this game but as far as i'm concerned it can take as long as it wants, the longer it takes the greater the chance of it being a great game. If you want games by-the-numbers then go play EA or Ubisuck. I'm sure the devs are working hard and putting passion into this one, seeing as the team from the original are on-board. Give them a bloody break! They owe you nothing until you buy the game.:cool:

Just going on your posts have you been following the game for some time?

Laughing at this post has made me feel better about the lack of anything on here. People have there view and I respect that as anyone on here supports this development.

Time to swallow that pill, this is a Forum about a game similar to the many I’ve been in while following a games release. Nothing has been posted News wise, there is no communication at all with the community.

Just interested in the game mate, but its hard to be interested in nothingness! They can take all the time they want, I’m saying personally in my view they work in a very strange way.

I played the original and that’s the only thing that keeps me on here, I owe them no disrespect at all but I certainly cant fathom why there is no communication. Respect to the original I still have boxed here and the original team anyone else needs to earn it.

I agree with you, the secrecy some developers employ is often baffling, you'd think they would want to entice as wide an audience as possible but its almost like the secrecy has become tradition. Its fine to tell the devs that the community feels that the lack of info is frustrating, but some people push it too far and it might be a bit disparaging to read. I loved the original and i have high hopes for this one, its enough for me just to know that it IS in development and has not been cancelled. I hate how pc gaming has been reduced to console ports - endless mediocre,tedious and unimaginitive 3rd person shooters which are totally linear and guide (or drag) you by the hand like a 5 year old through the entire game....and the law states that these games shalt not contain more than 5 hours of gameplay. grrr. I'm glad there are still some small dev teams around with some ideas of their own! :)

I'm hoping this is a game to get lost in like my old Silent hunter games in the sub or like Elite or even the original. I play all the PS3 games with an eight year old and although they look fantastic they just dont apeal to me.

I want something Epic to get me back gaming, tactical and has me fighting to repair the ship and survive and at the same time attacking. I used to love playing red alert online when it was not a rush job. Building and probing for a weakness enjoying a good defence as much as a good planned attack.

I need a new PC for this thats for sure.

I do think there is one danger- Because of the lack of information we are all beginning to build a game in our minds and that’s going to result in disappointment.

Right now I’ve got ordering Cap patrols while repairing critical systems on the ship after an attack and I’ve got to choose to get her running and hide or stick it out and get deffesive systems back online….Dont have a clue if any of this is in the game as there is no guide to follow.