Sign in to follow this  
quakergamer

OPERATION FLASHPOINT P3D HACKED!!!!

The way to go abotu that would be to make a small or blank OBJ file, look at the ehader, find a common hex in the p3d, and strip it.

However, if the p3d is compressed, it could take alot mroe doing...

I better get my rusty hands back into Hex Workshop...

general note to the novice: a file extension name might be used by severals programs (e.g. .dat files can be mpeg1 videos or text files that contain settings).

The purpose of extensions in windows is to allow a program to be associated with a certain extension. So that when you doubleclick a bmp file, it will open the associated program (in this case a gfx program). Certain programmes use the same extension name (eg .p3d), but that doensn't mean that they use the same file format. Eg if you rename song.mp3 to song.p3d, it's still an mp3, not an OF 3d model, it has just got another extension.

BIS has said they are using a selfmade format, so you will probably not find any program that can open it (without converting the p3d first).

quakergamer how do you know that p3d is an "zipped" obj format ??

If this is true it is not easily possible to convert p3d to obj because there's no known "unzipper" for the ofp p3d format.

Didn't anyone ask a-lone-wolf what he has done to manage it ?

Fox

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Ofp King on 1:14 pm on Dec. 20, 2001

did you make those satchel??

they are awesome models!

<span id='postcolor'>

I would be glad if i would be capable of such things, fact is i´m illiterate when it comes to 3D modelling, i´ve never done a model.

The ones listed are from an professionell military simulator, but are also sold seperately, along the SDK and other production tools of the site i linked. I listed them so 3D modellers see whats possible with low poly count and take this as an motivation to make possible future mods as realistic as possible, cause the models shown are not affordable for the masses.

I requested the price for the LEOPARD 2A5 model from the simulator company, that comes with infrared signature model, 3 different camo schemes, animations, damage model ......... 1500$ for the Leo in .3ds format, talking about mucho money wink.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Fox Mulder on 2:15 pm on Dec. 20, 2001

quakergamer how do you know that p3d is an "zipped" obj format ??

If this is true it is not easily possible to convert p3d to obj because there's no known "unzipper" for the ofp p3d format.

Didn't anyone ask a-lone-wolf what he has done to manage it ?

Fox

<span id='postcolor'>

I know it bnecause we can see it. That what a person told me. Also we can convert this using Hex editor

Is it possible in those pictures that he took the stock from the AK-74su or whatever it is called (that little thing the russian pilots and crew get) and then put it on the mp5. I think i i have seen weapons b4 where they did something like that it was some sort of launcher. I would like too see this work also for invasion 1944. I think OFP has already passed the point where mods can save it though.

Hey. One of the modelers calls himself gunslinger.

Would that be the gunslinger that appears on this forum from time to time?

Go the aussies.

(Edited by amos m at 2:46 pm on Dec. 22, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from amos m on 4:42 am on Dec. 22, 2001

nm.

It looks like it's actually a bis production.

<span id='postcolor'>

Its not a bis production

operation vietnam is independant.

And currently its just a pipe dream until this model editing thing is figured out and BIS releases the SDK

http://www.operationflashpoint.d2.cz/screenshots/bmp_obj1.jpg

Could somebody tell me how this is possible? It shows the BMP with the sagger missile modeled on top. I am sure there is an explanation, but at first I was a little suspicious. It made it look like pre-release. :\

Btw, what is the current status of the SDK? If BIS want to keep the game alive, they should release it. Right now, it seem that the whole of the OfP community are working to do what BIS could have done by simply packing some files, and uploading them.....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from PolariZ on 5:11 am on Dec. 27, 2001

Could somebody tell me how this is possible? It shows the BMP with the sagger missile modeled on top. I am sure there is an explanation, but at first I was a little suspicious. It made it look like pre-release. :\

Btw, what is the current status of the SDK? If BIS want to keep the game alive, they should release it. Right now, it seem that the whole of the OfP community are working to do what BIS could have done by simply packing some files, and uploading them.....<span id='postcolor'>

There is a simple explanation: Its not the BMP smile.gif

Its the BMP2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: from PolariZ on 5:11 am on Dec. 27, 2001

Btw, what is the current status of the SDK? If BIS want to keep the game alive, they should release it. Right now, it seem that the whole of the OfP community are working to do what BIS could have done by simply packing some files, and uploading them.....

There is a simple explanation: Its not the BMP

Its the BMP2.

You know-it-all !!!

But one question, can anyone tell me how I get p3d files in (and out) gmax.

I don't patient enough to look all the things that are write down in this theard.

please write a repley or write at prof_ab@gmx.net or at gaussgruft@uboot.com

THX

No I was wrong its not the BMP2, it IS the BMP.

But its the all-layer-in-one type. (It may also be that its the demo version)

Personally, I think the p3d contains so much more than just simple polygons, and that missile might actually be the image that is showed when launching a missile.

And no one have the p3d -> obj, only the person that posted the images... (or maybe a group)

Hey! Why did you admit being wrong..... That took away a good opportunity to point out that you are one stupid person. wink.gif

But seriously, I have thought of the launch model possibility. I just thought that model was stored separately, like "at3_sagger_(proxy).p3d".

Btw, while I was looking through the 3D models for OfP, I found "kentucky Jack.p3d" and "MASH.p3d". What do they contain? Anybody know?

Anyway, I wish BIS would release the secret behind their P3D format soon.

There are some Mash tents I think that came with the editor addon, could be them. The kentucky thing I dont know.

Its probably the demo version of the bmp that is on show (that had the missile on, contrary to the full game bmp), I too think the missile is in a different file. But one never knows. As I said, the p3d files are VERY complex. I read somewhere that a UH60 for instance demand a different model for each person onboard, but I dont get how it is done. I may be wrong.

The organisation of the file system is rather bad for a normal european, not to mention an american. I mean, couldnt they at least have used cryptical words in ENGLISH?!

Someone please interpret "PleChbud.p3d" and "ker trs travy kvetina.p3d" or "AFstr borovice horska.p3d".

Its horrible for everyone but a czech.

OK, who here is tired of A lone WOlf not answering our questions and all of em are keeping a secret which i will until i get enough replies (LOL) on where to get these imports and files from websites for gmax especially this one in the screenshot

http://quakergamer1.multimania.com/import.jpg  

well let me know and i will give the link of the website....