Sign in to follow this  
Jamesia

Plane downloads in the next 24 hours

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sn1per @ May 04 2002,13:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And who the hell needs all these aircrafts in an infantry sim.<span id='postcolor'>

Why is it just an infantry sim?

Why not a military sim with all aspects of battle.

The engine can handle it.

Hmmm...I was very sceptic when I dl the phantom...on the one hand I was right on the other one not...

The model is a reshaped Hawk...ok,its not that good (BTW I dont claim to be better) and there are some faults like the name,its a phantom and not a phanton.also the model only got one exhaust whereas the F4 has two.the Skin isnt that neat,too.It got too less power (where is my afterburner,eh? ;-),it got to often stalls and the pilot sits in front (i ´ve been sitting in one before,hehe on pilots seat,who wants to fly backseat!? ;-))

But on the other hand it is recognizable as F4 and it got "jet feeling" and it shows that dogfighting can be fun in OPF.

We need some good models and I would be happy to have a realitic hud...and more power

gn8

[76]Chavez

Other than that, have you tried them out in Air to Air combat. The hawks V the Phantom. Very cool. Although the game does crash when a MiG pilot tries to eject.

i converted the F4 to a F4G wild weasel, gave it some sub munitions, but they seem to always drop out from in front (like a machinegun) how can i get the sub munitions to drop from the wings???

also does anyone know if its possible to make a bombing hud (u know those little lines with balls at the end which indecates approx where the bomb will land.)

planes are ok but there needs to be some inovations in making bombing more user friendly.

i was thinking of making a turret for a plane but there arent any planes big enough to suit it, u know get soem B-29 action going

In the face of these new 'faster' jets, we need a more effecient way of ejecting. I find my self in departure stalls (if it's a bug i don't know), hurtling to the ground, and not ejecting in time. It takes too long to scroll through the menu to eject (while the world is spining around and around smile.gif ). Is there a shortcut key I may have missed?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Intruder @ May 06 2002,07:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In the face of these new 'faster' jets, we need a more effecient way of ejecting. I find my self in departure stalls (if it's a bug i don't know), hurtling to the ground, and not ejecting in time. It takes too long to scroll through the menu to eject (while the world is spining around and around smile.gif ). Is there a shortcut key I may have missed?<span id='postcolor'>

I pressed EJECT on my cd-rom drive but nothing happened mad.gifbiggrin.gif

-=Die Alive=-

Is anybody doing a decent fighter aircraft (i mean one with a new model, not a modified hawk)? The f-4 is bad and the mig-21 even crashes the game...

I think the only thing thats slightly wrong with the F-4 is the texturing, otherwise it kicks ass.

I want someone to texture it grey. that would be cool.

I'd like to see an A-6E Intruder done.  It's main function is a ground attack aircraft, so you carry a bunch of bombs or rockets and away you go.   It's not much faster than the A-10, and where as A-10 is a "tank killer", the A-6E is more or less a bomber and can provide close air support for infantry.  I know someone will tell me that the A-10 LGB has bombs, but there's only 8 of them, unlike where the A-6 carries a shit load.

us_mil_a6_01.jpg

Check out this Quick Time movie of A-6E on a bombing runs

-=Die Alive=-

the f-4 is nice.

but the mig is very below par.

its hardly an accurate model, and the skin could be better, but youll improve that.

why the mig-21? they were all almost out of service by that time. plus whats the point of putting a supersonic fighter in a game with small islands orientated round ground combat.

id change my mind if you make it better, but currently its 10/10 for waste of time.

the intruder is a fine machine, it would be nice in the game, but theyd have to be some kind of aircraft carrier for them to take off from, to be realistic. even better if the wings could be folded up, or even the 4-seater version... heheh

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ May 06 2002,20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd like to see an A-6E Intruder done.  It's main function is a ground attack aircraft, so you carry a bunch of bombs or rockets and away you go.   It's not much faster than the A-10, and where as A-10 is a "tank killer", the A-6E is more or less a bomber and can provide close air support for infantry.  I know someone will tell me that the A-10 LGB has bombs, but there's only 8 of them, unlike where the A-6 carries a shit load.

us_mil_a6_01.jpg

Check out this Quick Time movie of A-6E on a bombing runs

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

i plan to make one of those

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why the mig-21? they were all almost out of service by that time. plus whats the point of putting a supersonic fighter in a game with small islands orientated round ground combat.

<span id='postcolor'>

It wasn't almost out of service by that time, and it's not only a fighter aircraft. It can carry a modest load of air to ground weapons. I've heard that the updated mig-21's in service in India have the combat efectiveness of a f-16. A mig-21 would be fine, if it's well done and if it doesn't crash the game.

ok, i was wrong about them being out of service, but they were first released in 1971, and the last fighters were made by 1986.

the mig-21 was made for very light armament. 4 aa rockets and a medium fuel tank. itd probably be able to carry 1 or 2 FAB 500s and 4 FAB 250s or smaller bombs. its main role was as a fighter/reconnaisance craft/close support.

anyway, im not going to get into a debate about the plane. cos neither of us seem to have the actual facts. especially if an argument is reinforced with "ive heard that...".

just saying better planes could have been made. the mig-21 was probably made cos its such an easy external design.

id like to see a Tu-22M or Tu-160 or other bombers, for at least ground missions on runways to have a go at destroying.

as theres a su-25. the Yak-38 "forger" should be made by someone. its quite like a mix between the su-25 and harrier, but less fat and ugly. it has VTOL capabilities too. which will be nice. bet you thought that the harrier was the only one in service to do it, didnt you? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ May 06 2002,14:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i plan to make one of those<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, cool, thanks, looking forward to it.  Great work on your other modles as well.

-=Die Alive=-