Sign in to follow this  
wipman

- How i'd to get better FPS on the ArmA2.

Hi, this is what i've used to get better FPS on the ArmA2; some of this don't work on the OA/CO.

- OKT No Blur.

- GTD Mod Grass.

- Zico's LandTex v1.0 .

- Sakura-Chan Non Blinding Sun.

With those mods/replacements i get an increase of like +15fps on the ArmA2. Is something else out there that can increase a bit more the FPS on the ArmA2 than with this three usefull addons?. Let's C ya

Edited by wipman

Hi, using those four mods/replacements i'd get a good valance between performance and graphic quality; no offense... but there's a serious hit on the enviroment's graphic quality on the comparison screenshots that you took... using this four replacement mods i get better FPS, the things look better, the grass is not that tall so you can see the AI almost as well as they see you, when you check the map for memorize the zone where you gonna move... if you go in an aircraft, the ground look closer to the map's thing but you still save some FPS, and with the sun there's less sun blinding effect so you save some more FPS aside that it looks more realistic.

Seriously... those mods all together improved my noticeabily my ArmA2's performance keeping a good enough graphic quality. Let's C ya

The only real way to maintain quality and improve the FPS is by upgrading your PC, though. ;)

I see you added OKT blur. :P

Adjest your 3D Solution into 50%.
?!?!

Why would anyone want to play the game all blurry like that?

Want more FPS with IQ, buy it.

Hi, i forget to add in a begining the OKT No Blur addon, my bad... but works well and makes the game better. Let's C ya

Setting your shadows to lowest always nets you a couple more FPS...

Not necessarily. IIRC with low shadows the calculations are done by the CPU. High/very high by the GPU. If you have a decent GPU and your CPU is the bottleneck, then high shadows might gain you some FPS.

Not necessarily. IIRC with low shadows the calculations are done by the CPU. High/very high by the GPU. If you have a decent GPU and your CPU is the bottleneck, then high shadows might gain you some FPS.

Hmmm... Nice one... Never experienced that one... Anytime I've had problems with frame rates in the past trail and error always lead me to low or no shadows as a solution, but cool... If that sorts it too...

The difference between no shadows and shadows on high is only 1 fps for me which is not visually noticeable.

Hi, this are my ArmA2 Settings:

ArmA2_Settings.jpg

I'd runned again the 1St & 2Nd Benchmarks and i'd get 36fps on the 1St one and 17fps on the 2Nd one; i don't remember the previous resoults without this mods that improve the game's performace (and look), but were much lower, i think that i'd get like 21 or 24fps on the 1St benchmark with the vanilla game... and with 2.500m of view distance or maybe just 2.000, i don't remember; but the improvement is really noticeable using this mods, not only on the performance, also on the game's look. It look better and it's more playable as you actualy see the NME because you don't have that much grass blocking your sight so you can fire back at the AIs which sights wasn't affected by the grass and isn't neither affected by the bushes; they can see thru. Let's C ya

Well I dunno how you can play on 36 fps but I would set all the things you have on very high to normal or low, disable AA and AF. I rather have game look a bit low and have normal frame. I cant stand fps less then 50/60 becouse mouse is so slow. If you play as infantrly you cannot play CQB at all and it seems like recoil is going on forever. It is very difficult to fly at low altitude. Even tanks are weird to operate. I absolutely prefer high frame rate to how nice it looks.