Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

Hey! Taxi!

As Marschall300 requested in the "Addon request thread" (duh), here a small Taxi addon.

This addon requires Combined Operations.

glttaksi.th.png

Credits:

Model and original textures by BIS

Texture rework to Taxi colors by Marschall300

Minor additions to textures by myself aswell config.

Vehicles:

This adds 2 vehicles:

- M300 Taksi (Sedan)

- M300 Taksi (Lada)

Classnames:

GLT_M300_LT = Lada Taxi

GLT_M300_ST = Sedan Taxi

Known Issues:

None so far.

The addon is signed and keys for client and server are included.

Download (Mirrors welcome):

- [fixed] Missing/wrong interior texture.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/GLT_Taksi.7z

Mirrors:

- [fixed] Missing/wrong interior texture.

Download from armaholic.com

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Great, thanks . Can't wait to bomb these with your planes

very nice...shame there isnt somthing(like a module or ext.) inwhich u can signal down or call a taxi..kinda like in GTA! any chance that we can see somthing like that from ya mike??? as a suggestion it could kinda be like how when using the som module you can call in for a transport..and a helo comes and pics you up! so it should be possible but i have no idea on how to go about it..i hope you do lol!

Dave,

very nice...shame there isnt somthing(like a module or ext.) inwhich u can signal down or call a taxi..kinda like in GTA! any chance that we can see somthing like that from ya mike??? as a suggestion it could kinda be like how when using the som module you can call in for a transport..and a helo comes and pics you up! so it should be possible but i have no idea on how to go about it..i hope you do lol!

Dave,

Sorry but thats a negative, at least not from my side. I just did this tiny addon as Marschall300 already had the textures done and it just needed a small config. So i could do it in a short break from my F-16. For further scripting you may lay your hope in other people.

Forgot to say: this addon requires Combined Operations!

Startpost updated accordingly.

Hey Myke, can you please look for the reason why sedan interior textures not showing.

Yay...is under investigation.

:EDITH:

Fixed, was caused by wrong selection naming for hiddenSelections. My bad, i'm sorry for that.

dropbox link in first post has fixed version.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

I know this is an old thread, but I've been playing around with this little taxi and making some personal-use missions with it. I was wondering is it possible to add an option to the action menu that will play "All I Want by The Offspring"

I wanna try to make some

missions where you haul ass around Zargabad picking up passengers for points and trying not to hit the civs. But I don't know the first thing about scripting. >.<

I know this is an old thread, but I've been playing around with this little taxi and making some personal-use missions with it. I was wondering is it possible to add an option to the action menu that will play "All I Want by The Offspring"

I wanna try to make some

missions where you haul ass around Zargabad picking up passengers for points and trying not to hit the civs. But I don't know the first thing about scripting. >.<

Then it is about time to learn: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addAction

Honestly, you don't really expect to get such a unique feature request fulfilled. Else people will start to ask for the stupiest things to be included.

No offence mate, but with such things you should spend more time in learning new stuff instead of wasting your (and my) time with such posts.

Niiice! Thanks again Myke, i think those would significantly improve Takistan ambience...

When in Takistan, I prefer ambulance to ambience ... :)

[quote=kage74;1853550

I wanna try to make some

Go for it! When you're done that, I'll put in a request to create an Arma mission where you must wash dishes and do laundry while being bombed and shot at. :D

Edited by MissionCreep

myke , I just a thought with your recent sharing of the 'plane lean' .... do you think this could be applied appropriately for vehicles? Say you're in the back seat of this cab.. and you want to lean to the right to see whats happening in the middle/through the windshield. Or hell even out the window... just a thought.

myke ' date=' I just a thought with your recent sharing of the 'plane lean' .... do you think this could be applied appropriately for vehicles? Say you're in the back seat of this cab.. and you want to lean to the right to see whats happening in the middle/through the windshield. Or hell even out the window... just a thought.[/quote']

As already said several times: it could be applied to any vehicle if the MLOD is available. It could be tricky for vehicles with more than one seat but surely doable.