Drumheller

Is there a way to stop vehicles from moving completely without taking all their fuel?

I am making a mission in which vehicles are sitting in defensive emplacements. But even with hold waypoints they'll still move and completely expose themselves. I ended up having to set their fuel to zero, but now the entire mission they are constantly trying to start their engines which makes a VERY annoying and distracting noise, and I'm concerned that it may also be causing lag.

Is there another way to make vehicles not move at all? I use "this disableai "move"" on human units to keep em in one spot. Is there a way to do this with vehicles?

You could also damage the vehicle.

Will damaging the vehicle not make the crew eject though ?

1000 lbs of RDX will stop them in their tracks :)

this disableAI "MOVE";

?

:mad: been trying to stop a vehicle by chasing it with a trigger that activates at 50m or less. Using setfuel 0 worked. But on a hill the car rolled back. Very anoying for me for past 30mins...Searched for "stop a vehicle" and found your simple "disableAI" :o Forgot about that one. Anyway incorporating that and a twist it works perfect. Just wanted to say thanks as I was about to give up...

There is also good option in modules :
Modules > Object modificators > specify AI mode ( i use diferent language, it may be writed diferent)
You can set there many aspects, and DISABLE move which is 100% working, and seems to be only way to stop vehicles. I tried " this disableAI "MOVE"; " but it didnt worked. Arma v1.54