Sign in to follow this  
zaira

Pls remove cd check for OA in next patch

Truth is that arma2 cd killed my dvd drive (i was having it in my dvdrw for more than 1 year).

You removed dvd check with one patch (i think 1.05) for arma2, and that was great thing.

Pls do the same for OA!

Ty!

It has already been said that they will do it as soon as possible. Hopefully it will happen in the next patch.

Until then I would suggest using one of the beta patches - they don't require the DVD to be in the drive either. :)

It has already been said that they will do it as soon as possible. Hopefully it will happen in the next patch.

Until then I would suggest using one of the beta patches - they don't require the DVD to be in the drive either. :)

I know bro, i just want it ASP. :)

Honestly my last dvd stoped reading, and new one is aking strange noise hehe...:eek:

In ArmA 2, after the setup menu, there is an option where you have to decide if you want a CD Check, or an Online Check which will not require the cd check.

In ArmA 2, after the setup menu, there is an option where you have to decide if you want a CD Check, or an Online Check which will not require the cd check.

There isn't this kind of check for OA Disk, SAD!

The retail DVD of Combined Operations I have had an online check option. Install via DVD, select "Online Activation" and done, never used the DVD again.

I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE....

I have retail version of arma2 and retail version of OA (both dvds), i installed them in same folder and i run co, and i get damn securom asking me for dvd.

When i had just arma2, securom asked me for cd until patch 1.05.

I guess BIS has policy to have cd check until they sold some number of DVDs.

To me that cd check is pain in the arse, and i beg BIS to remove it just as they did with ARMA2.

Ty in advance!

Marko

As mentioned by MadDogX above, use the latest beta patch for the time being.

I bought arrowhead and have never used the dvd. Did you install it as combined ops? Although I'm pretty sure it automaticaly installs as combined ops...

Yeah wat? OA doesn't require the dvd if you selected online activation during install. I have retail versions of a2 and oa and I haven't needed the oa dvd since installing.

Never in my experience have I heard of any CD or DVD drive destroying the media it is supposed to read. From my first 4x Toshiba CD drive (circa 1994) to my current drive, I have had no issues at all.

Scratches occur when the end user is not careful when they handle optical media. Never place the read side down if you are placing it on something. When handling a disk, put a finger through the hub or hold it by the edges. My OFP disk is in perfect condition and I had it since 2001.

Never in my experience have I heard of any CD or DVD drive destroying the media it is supposed to read. From my first 4x Toshiba CD drive (circa 1994) to my current drive, I have had no issues at all.

StarForce was known to cause this issue some years ago, and I believe that SecuROM did at some point too, but I haven't heard a sound about it the last three or so years. Drivers that could mess up the hardware in the CD/DVD ROM that potentially could kill the disk in them by causing it to self-oscillate and fly into bits. Most commonly they just destroyed the ROM itself though, not the disk inside of them.

I suggest uninstalling and then reinstalling and opting for online activation if the option is given again. I to have retail copys of both on DVD, the only time they were ever in my drive was for install. I don't recall OA requesting online activation but I may be wrong. It won't hurt to uninstall everything and start from scratch.

Well dont remember having a option for online activation (im not saying there isnt), are you guys shure all retail versions have one, becouse it takes long time to install both....

I never said it physicly destroyed anything, but having dvd inside reduces life of dvd drive (pure mechanical reasons, motor is spinning, optical sensor gets dirty, etc.)

I would like if bis can confirm, that every retail version have option for "no dvd check", before i reinstall.

I wrote this back on 1st July in our squad forums:

"Oh, 1 bad thing about OA...you have to redo your keys. However, I reckon you might be able to copy them over from your ArmA 2 profile into your OA profile.

1 thing I like (and ubisoft could learn something here), when I started the game for the 1st time the game gave me 2 options. Either I could start the game with the OA disk in the drive and it'll check for it everytime I start the game. Or I could do a 1 time online registration to register the game using my activation code and forgo the disk check."

This was on the European (British) box edition of OA.

Edited by Moggy

yes you can copy these key values from A2 profile into OA profile ...

about the DVD check it will be removed one day ... we said that many times