Sign in to follow this  
AussieSausage

help with apache hellfire

hello

just wondering how do i lock onto a tank with a hellfire when im in the gunners seat? im playing on a server, and i have a AI flying ( suprisingly good to ), and i cant lock onto a tank when i have hellfires, i press TAB, right click nothing happens, i turn on laser designator and nothing happens either

can someone help plese? :yay:

Tab key is pretty much all you need to use right now, or you could select the target via mouse right click.

Tab key is pretty much all you need to use right now, or you could select the target via mouse right click.

read my opening post :p

read my opening post :p

Sorry just woke up, how close would you say you are to the tank?

hello

just wondering how do i lock onto a tank with a hellfire when im in the gunners seat? im playing on a server, and i have a AI flying ( suprisingly good to ), and i cant lock onto a tank when i have hellfires, i press TAB, right click nothing happens, i turn on laser designator and nothing happens either

can someone help plese? :yay:

Are you running any mods?

reset all controls to default and change only lock or zoom to RMB.

you should make TAB for NEXT TARGET

erase REVEAL TARGET since I think its a question of wrong default mapping.

Best Regards. Z

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

make sure you're the higher in rank so he couldnt switch to manual fire without your permission. Ranks matter too..

Are you running any mods?

Nope, only ACE sound mod.

Tryed resetting controls and following, still not working though.

I have tryed several diffrent distances, just playing around in the Editor, nothing seems to work.

i downloaded Mando Missile, now i can shoot the shit outta tank :p

even in OFP you cant TAB when you are in gunner sit, only in comander and driver sit it workes.

Otherwice it would be to easy :)

even in OFP you cant TAB when you are in gunner sit, only in comander and driver sit it workes.

Otherwice it would be to easy :)

Apache dont have commander seat. And gunner cannot see pilots lock when its human.well atleast i cant.

I also dont think its about being easy, i care more about realism in apache :P

AFAIK the Pilot has to tell you to target it and then you lock on and fire. I say this as when I fly I normally have to lock on and use manual fire for Hellfires as the AI is useless.