Sign in to follow this  
Shabadu

Your favourite tactics.

Is there anything you always try to do in every mission. I usually try and find a tank of some description. Failing that a decent mid-range weapon and a good line of bushes usually does the trick. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ May 02 2002,12:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh yes!

Flanking always works.

And I often shoot at the enemies.

tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Damn, I knew I'd forgotten something! wink.gif

when i can and the ennemy is not aware of my presence i try to figure out if the next guys can see that i killed his mate....

and when i cannot do like this i think about the tactics that Gign use: concentrate in your target.... it can be very effectiv.

As pilot i often use this tactic that is very effectiv against IA or player:

when u are in a air to air fight and that the chopper is forward u.... fall to the earth and get up at the last moment (ie turn over with noose down.... u are fast and not aligned target the worst to aim), after move toward your ennemy as fast as u can while hovering and with little zigzag and pass him, just after that get up and turn with all u can ( u ll normally have a greater altitude than the ennemy chopper)...

Then u are behind and upper your ennemy:

so he cant se you and you are out his radar range because of the angle.... well i say "Fire at will" in some of those moments smile.gif

here are a few things i try to do as much as possible

1: obvoiusly flanking the enemy is always fun but too easy in most missions

2: crawling up real close until they're just over that tiny hill 5m away and chucking a grenade

3: shooting a LAW or RPG at an APC from 250-500m

4: trying to get the AI to get in the damn car smile.gif

Yeah I always see people moan on this forum that the AI doesn't get in jeeps or something. I've never had this problem.

Also anyone know who won the thread about the bigger spammer being Wobble or Damage Inc.?

While I'm at it anyone know how to get rid of this damn white floor? I know it's due to the fact that I have no graphics card, using onboard intel thing, but is there a way of changing memory settings for textures and stuff?

My favourite tactic from grunt's point of view:

Preferred weapon ak74+gp-25

Against infantry:

try to avoid contact until range to enemy is <50m then automatic fire for ~Ë clip then grenade and the rest of the clip then change of position.

air targets:

If a-10 or su-25 -> duck and cover tounge.gif

if chopper -> Shoot a couple of times to try lure them into attack and change position and when the chopper makes the strafe shoot aimed shots into cockpit.

Tanks: open fire, trying to hit the turret, from concealment when range < 200, then try to change position.

Your name is Sn1per and you mention no M-21/ Dragunov antics?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shabadu @ May 02 2002,14:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Your name is Sn1per and you mention no M-21/ Dragunov antics?<span id='postcolor'>

Heh yep, it has been made too easy in OF, everyone can be a top notch sniper in it, making sniping really boring confused.gif

Well SVD is quite nice but my opinion is that is takes the egde off from missions/firefights wink.gif

I don't really like the SVD I find it unwieldly and loud. Just not comfortable. That's why I probably feel more comfortable with US weapons, designed to be able to be used by a child.

i spend ammo too fast on the SVD sad.gif i'm a bad boy i always have the urge to take the pot shot at the running target

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sn1per @ May 02 2002,12:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My favourite tactic from grunt's point of view:

Against infantry:

try to avoid contact until range to enemy is <50m then automatic fire for ~Ë clip then grenade and the rest of the clip then change of position.

air targets:

if chopper -> Shoot a couple of times to try lure them into attack and change position and when the chopper makes the strafe shoot aimed shots into cockpit.

Tanks: open fire, trying to hit the turret, from concealment when range < 200, then try to change position.<span id='postcolor'>

Try to hit my helo in the cockpit..... You'll fail.

I will most likely figure out your hiding spot and if you are running and my gunner is human i'll give him a good view to fire the 30mm gatling on the hind cause my job is to find positions and avoid fire not to engage and shoot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sweeper @ May 02 2002,13:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sn1per @ May 02 2002,12:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My favourite tactic from grunt's point of view:

Against infantry:

air targets:

Tanks: open fire, trying to hit the turret, from concealment when range < 200, then try to change position.<span id='postcolor'>

Try to hit my helo in the cockpit..... You'll fail.

I will most likely figure out your hiding spot and if you are running and my gunner is human i'll give him a good view to fire the 30mm gatling on the hind cause my job is to find positions and avoid fire not to engage and shoot.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes but it dose not always work that way because when you turn around there is sometimes two players or the player has a LAW, RPG or stiger missle aimed and ready smile.gif

If your gunner has lag then you are dead biggrin.gif

i just pilot alone... and use all the weapon in a chopper alone (even the chaingun).... just the problem i must face my target.

I never stop under 90kmh... i hope u are able to correct your fire at a very fast target.

Since i used this tactics the only guys that was able to shoot me down in MP are:

the lucky guys with his rocket launch or rocket waste

the anti-air AT soldier *i m figuring how to evade the missile but i m still training with AI... maybe i should find a teammate that would help me training*

Well i dont believe in the teammate in MP in a chopper for a simple reason that BIS forgot, the teammate must really know when to fire and what to fire, since the comm sys is very low in OPF it is very hard to find a good gunner *every time i tried i was deceived*.OPF comm sys is just good for tank, or UH60 which need a low response, for attack chopper this worth nothing

In CTF I like the 'forward defense':

Find a bigger bush to hide so that you can't be seen from where the enemy is approaching and face in the direction of your flag (not neccessary seeing the flag).

Generally people check bushes only once or twice while running toward bushes, but not while passing them. Very often people pass you at about 2-10m not knowing what hits them a sec or two later. It is even more fun with a HK or Bizon when they can't hear where the bullets comming from. And it's best when they try to hide "behind" a bush  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

btw: It is not necessary to be concealed looking from you own flag, it is sufficient to have concealment to the direction where they are comming from.

And one more - don't say it's lame to shoot them in the back - they do the same when they find me sad.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (follow through @ May 02 2002,06:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The best tactic of all  RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

i tried that once. i was a lone black op. i got shot sad.gif

The tactic that I use in almost every mission:

1st: Bombard enemy positions with LAWs, RPGs, Grenades and Morters.

2nd: Send AI to attack the front of the enemy, while I flank to the back.

This always does the trick.

i love taking a tracked vehicle to a secluded location far away from the flag but with visibilty on the flag. i make a fire, start cooking some marshmallows and occassionaly peer into my aim. i'll kill people without them knowing what the hell hit them, then it's fun to see them come back with a tank looking for a little revenge and they still die, without knowing where i am.

of course this is like sniping with a big monster instead of a rifle so the same tactics apply, don't shoot your load too much or every1 will definetly know where you are and then you might as well say say your prayers.

I usually grab my M60, and make 360 degree turns while firing full auto. I usually hit teammates (or Nobby).

L-ambush. works like a charm!

I either stay where no one can see me as an infantry man, or.......just get in an apache! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (moerty @ May 02 2002,21:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i love taking a tracked vehicle to a secluded location far away from the flag but with visibilty on the flag. i make a fire, start cooking some marshmallows and occassionaly peer into my aim. i'll kill people without them knowing what the hell hit them, then it's fun to see them come back with a tank looking for a little revenge and they still die, without knowing where i am.

of course this is like sniping with a big monster instead of a rifle so the same tactics apply, don't shoot your load too much or every1 will definetly know where you are and then you might as well say say your prayers.<span id='postcolor'>

A.K.A. camping...