Sign in to follow this  
katdogfizzow

[10-78] COOP 1-8 Mountain Assault (2 Missions)

"CO8-MountainAssault" : SECURE THE NAYGUL VALLEY AND FIND INTEL ON THE WHEREABOUTS OF MACHMUD AL-BATROSS.

V.99 BETA: Tested, but we haven't passed it yet

GET IT HERE:

http://www.filefront.com/17279855/MountainAssault.zip/

15i3o03.jpg

WATCH A VIDEO HERE:

nXT_zai2usw

Includes a bonus mission "CO8-QuickAssault": Clear the town of Cemalwarda.

V1.0:Tested and passed

s48jg3.jpg

Note: There is an issue with the Quick Assault extraction on dedicated servers...** .

9/13/201: Try this version for dedicated servers extraction (2 additional lines added)

http://www.filefront.com/17286017/ExtractionTest.zip

A little background on [10-78] Coop Missions if you choose to download:

1. Mission is made for Combined Ops with BAF

2. Mission is 1 life w/no re-spawn, no AI team member mission.

3. Recommended with VETERAN setting.

Special thanks to kylania and Kronzky for their awesomeness.

Edited by katdogfizzow

Mountain Assault

oioi,played and completed it today

Some impressions to share:

- i def like the use of BAF vehicles,but why not give the option to use BAFweapons if you feature their stuff?

- loved the setup of the valley defenses,sadly most of em are useless or worked by untrained shooters,but this makes up for some good firefights

had a 10min shootout from one hill to the other with like 12-15 guys,none of them even came close to hit me

- i was just making my way around the valley to the other side before inserting and took out 2-3 more enemys,suddenly message "Valley cleared" came up out of no where,kinda :eek: moment

- the ammo cache should be made destroyable by satchels only,else a good 800m AT shot does the job too

- INTEL pickup went just fine

- finding the warlord is a kinda boring and ungreatfull job,spotted 1 dude from far and then searched nearly the half village for the next contact

Then after a few minutes close to the marker a Pickup came by and the fight started,i guess i took out both of the crew and 1 more guy in my back in it - then ... "Mission complete"

The end kinda sucks hard,the valley action is good fun

Why not make the Warlord a "capture" task and bring him home/to a UN base for arrest,would make more sense imho and some more additional challenge

*thumbs up*

Mountain Assault

oioi,played and completed it today

Some impressions to share:

- i def like the use of BAF vehicles,but why not give the option to use BAFweapons if you feature their stuff?

- loved the setup of the valley defenses,sadly most of em are useless or worked by untrained shooters,but this makes up for some good firefights

had a 10min shootout from one hill to the other with like 12-15 guys,none of them even came close to hit me

- i was just making my way around the valley to the other side before inserting and took out 2-3 more enemys,suddenly message "Valley cleared" came up out of no where,kinda :eek: moment

- the ammo cache should be made destroyable by satchels only,else a good 800m AT shot does the job too

- INTEL pickup went just fine

- finding the warlord is a kinda boring and ungreatfull job,spotted 1 dude from far and then searched nearly the half village for the next contact

Then after a few minutes close to the marker a Pickup came by and the fight started,i guess i took out both of the crew and 1 more guy in my back in it - then ... "Mission complete"

The end kinda sucks hard,the valley action is good fun

Why not make the Warlord a "capture" task and bring him home/to a UN base for arrest,would make more sense imho and some more additional challenge

*thumbs up*

thanks for all the feedback scar...good ideas.

Love the NayGul Valley....but it has many buggy errors. With both AI pathfinding or AI friendlies and eenemies getting "stuck".....Also, the AI cannot seem to shoot accurately when there is differing elevations between the two forces....

Love the NayGul Valley....but it has many buggy errors. With both AI pathfinding or AI friendlies and enemies getting "stuck"...../QUOTE]

Yep, you have to be careful around rocks indeed...

Also, the AI cannot seem to shoot accurately when there is differing elevations between the two forces....

they seem to be able to hit our guys 30 sec into the mission (in the face) :o

enjoyed this - just wished there'd been a couple more (and only a few isloated) chances of seeing the enemy been the LZ & Objetive - bit of a non-event between the two markers. appreciated the choice of mission based on dlc, nice touch to have all the versions.