Sign in to follow this  
RolfLarsson

Ambient Civilian Module Not Working

Since I installed 73116, I've noticed that, in the editor, the ambient civilian module seems to not work. Simply no one appears. Any idea what could be wrong?

Since I installed 73116, I've noticed that, in the editor, the ambient civilian module seems to not work. Simply no one appears. Any idea what could be wrong?

Is this on Takistan? Are you using "Ambiant Civilian module expansion"?

-k

I also recognized the above described problem at addon maps like Tropica :(

It's up to the addon makers to make the module work on their islands (like Ambient Civilians working on Podagorsk v1.1).

I put some GITA's on the Zargabad map and the original towns spawn with alice fine, but the GITA towns didnt spawn any civies at all. I've been looking hoping that someone may have figured out how to fix this

I put some GITA's on the Zargabad map and the original towns spawn with alice fine, but the GITA towns didnt spawn any civies at all. I've been looking hoping that someone may have figured out how to fix this

I just tried it with the latest beta (74643) and it works here. You might want to try put the line

this setVariable ["debug", true];

into the Ambient Civilians module's init line. That should show markers on the map and show you where inactive and active civilians are.

Hi Alwarren;

I did forget to mention one thing. I'm using WF. Could you maybe slap a WF down and a couple of units just to see what happens? I would appreciate it alot. I'll try it with no WF and see what happens. Guess I'll modify my post. I'm using 72888. Maybe I'll try the beta

Edited by emcnally

Well, that's weird...

I tried to place a Warfare module (if that is what you mean with WF) and it made me spawn outside a town so I ran to the next town and it didn't spawn anything. I removed the Warfare module again and it didn't spawn anything either. I moved myself to another town and tried that one, and it worked. I pushed the marker to another place, and it still worked, It seems that it's picky as to what town it populates.

Also, after a while I got this error:

Error in expression <ker = _unit getvariable "ALICE_marker";
_marker setmarkertype "mil_end";
};
};>
 Error position: <_marker setmarkertype "mil_end";
};
};>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _marker

In debug mode you see the circles around the town centers where the townfolk start to spawn or get deleted, and if I look at it here, it seems that only ONE town ever gets one of these circles and hence only one town gets populated with Civilians, and it is the one that is generated first.

That is wierd, and yes I did mean warfare. I installed the beta and still have the same results with or without WF. their must be a special way to setup ALICE with GITA. If you want to stay in one place using WF and try it out, just put this setvariable ["stayatposition",true] in you players init box. I also tried your debug command, now I see red and blue rings around all the towns but the GITA. So what does that mean? I've never used debug before

Edited by emcnally

I found it. I put in an init.sqf [] call BIS_GITA_fnc_createmarkers; and it all works now... Yahoo

I found it. I put in an init.sqf [] call BIS_GITA_fnc_createmarkers; and it all works now... Yahoo

could you be a little more precise? where did you put what?

I got the same issue here, civilians are no longer spawning. when I run the ambient civies module in the debug mode it says in each town -1(0/0). except loy manara, there it's only (0/0).

help please!

edit: help no longer needed, problem solved.

Edited by Bulldog Six