Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 2.1

The WW4 mod is facing the exact same problem as what 99% of the mods and addons during the whole OFP modding years have faced : very few missions are released using the content.

I have plans for some missions myself, but only after i'm finished with the content that is on my todo list, so it could take a while before i can finally focus on that.

Meanwhile, if someone wants to help me, building missions and releasing them for the community is definitively the best way to go.

I'm currently in the middle of making a full sized campaign with WW4 units. So far I've completed 9 of the 20+ missions I intend to release, but ever since I started a new job a couple of months ago, I barely even play anymore.

I just don't have time to test and fix all the little bugs and there's a lot of stuff that needs to be done before I can even release it as a beta...

The WW4 mod is facing the exact same problem as what 99% of the mods and addons during the whole OFP modding years have faced : very few missions are released using the content.

Meanwhile, if someone wants to help me, building missions and releasing them for the community is definitively the best way to go.

You are right Sanc., but making missions is a tedious process (mainly testing and testing again and again ...) barely compatible with $familly, $life, and $job.

Though, your mod is made in such a way, that putting just a few groups and waypoints on the map and let them run is fun enough:

The job you pulled-up is really amazing, even surpassing GRAA !

( I play on Linux and OFP is the only enjoyable and supported combat simulator that runs on Wine, your mod makes it just perfect ...)

But off with congrats and Penguin propaganda :) , I have 2 questions:

1 - Is it possible (PLEASE) to get back - by default - the old (WW4-1) climb animation.

- I think it won't break any missions so far as you mod is not a replacement one.

- Plus: Limiting such a good feature is just well errrrr .... :( sad !

2 - Is there a way to limit mortar fire map click to ta given distance of the player.

- If you can just blowup your objective from milles away by map click, this is no fun !

I already thought of playing with the "ww4_MortReveal" and deleting the mortar logic according to a "GetPos player" but I have not tested it ...

----- That's all for now

And I promess, if time allows, to post link to WW4 missions I made on this forum.

Thanks again Sanc. and Best Wishes for 2011.

OFP4EVER

I found a fault in the WW4 vehicles. The gunner's turning out ability on the AAVPs is a little bugged. Once turned out, the player's camera is stuck in the middle of the AAVP's roof and unable to turn around. The gunner cannot be seen turned out either.

but making missions is a tedious process (mainly testing and testing again and again ...) barely compatible with $familly, $life, and $job.

Well, i really hope you're not implying that mod and addon makers have unlimited free time without any kind of responsabilities or life to build next to it.

1 - Is it possible (PLEASE) to get back - by default - the old (WW4-1) climb animation.

- I think it won't break any missions so far as you mod is not a replacement one.

- Plus: Limiting such a good feature is just well errrrr .... sad !

The climb feature is not removed.

It is now a mission maker feature, so mission maker can implement it if they want or not, depending on what they want the player to be allowed or not.

An example of implementing the climbing, in your \ownmissionname\ folder put a script named by example climb.sqs , that will contain

player playmove "MoveOver2"
exit

And in the init line of the player add :

player addAction ["Climb","climb.sqs"]

Mission makers can adapt this to their own needs (making the Climb action appear only near some obstacle by example)

This way it does not impact any existing mission, and will not screw up a mission maker plan to prevent a player to move over a specific obstacle, as the mission maker has now the control over the climbing feature.

It's much better this way.

I found a fault in the WW4 vehicles. The gunner's turning out ability on the AAVPs is a little bugged. Once turned out, the player's camera is stuck in the middle of the AAVP's roof and unable to turn around. The gunner cannot be seen turned out either.

I thought i already removed the ability for the gunner to turn out as it was looking ugly, must have forgotten to remove it from somewhere in the config then, because the gunner is not supposed to be able to turn out.

Well, i really hope you're not implying that mod and addon makers have unlimited free time without any kind of responsabilities or life to build next to it.

I didn't mean to debase the work of addon-makers in anyway nor to be ironic.

The thing is that both modding and mission making take time, that's all.

There was no hidden meaning in my sentences.

The climb feature is not removed.<snip>...</snip>.It's much better this way.

I known that .... I already RTM

After all, I have just to switch Lines 2110 / 2111 and 2267 / 2268 of config.cpp instead of complaining .

Bregs,

well sanc, i got time to make missions. the only problem i have is there is no ecp style dynamic speach. i can get over the animations, though im not too keen on those compared to dma, but for what i want to pull of i was wondering, is there any possible way we could add it in?

Hey Sanctuary,

I was curious what field you edited in the config to disable the radio chatter for more responsive AI? I modified a ECP config just to use your anims. So Im effectively using a ECP config just with the Cfgmovemc from your config. I skimmed through a config, but didnt find anything that was blatantly obvious as to what should be changed.

if you can mix this mod with ecp effectively ill be glad to help with missions. i want that dynamic speach.

I was curious what field you edited in the config to disable the radio chatter for more responsive AI? I modified a ECP config just to use your anims. So Im effectively using a ECP config just with the Cfgmovemc from your config. I skimmed through a config, but didnt find anything that was blatantly obvious as to what should be changed.

Look for

class Words

Under that class you'll see many lines like

micOut[]={"Mic_Out1"};
     micOut1[]={"static\over01"};
     micOut2[]={"static\over02"};
etc...

Replace them by something like this

micOut[]={""};
     micOut1[]={""};
     micOut2[]={""};
etc...

and it will disable the radio chatter, making the AI more responsive.

For the next version i'll try to come with an ECP version of the config too.

if you can mix this mod with ecp effectively ill be glad to help with missions. i want that dynamic speach.

why do you need dynamic speech cant you make a mission without it, it will be used when you run the mission with an ecp config or not without.

@Sanctuary i can dig out my WW4 mission i made awhile back as examples, i would make more but no longer have OFP installed and have moved over to Arma2:OA. Though i do have some unreleased addons you maybe interested, contact me by pm if interested.

roadkill i don't need dynamic speach, i want dynamic speach, and theres no need for you to attack me on these forums repeatedly. read my signature and back off. i still stand by my decision, and im happy he's going to make an ecp version config. lets not resort to personal attacks to make a relevant post if you're truly intelligent.

sanc, my apologies, i don't easily back off when "internet thugs" try to act confrontational towards me. that's what got me banned from the forums multiple times before because the admins don't take my side even when im attacked first. i have my own ideas on why that is (racism) which they'll probably deny so im not going to go there but back to ww4.

roadkill from here on out if you have a personal problem with me, you use the pm box.

excuse the interruption, back to business.

Edited by BronzeEagle

Hello Sanctuary,

first of all a big THANK YOU for the WW4 mod, the models look great and combat has become a notch more difficult (very nice).

I have one/two questions/suggestions...:

1. I had trouble figuring out how the binocs are used. (later I found out that I had to press B and then V) -so maybe you could edit this information into your first post of this thread.

I suppose all the special Key-commands for movement will be implemented into the final readme for v.2.5. :)

2. Do I understand it right, that it is no problem to play with ECP mod?

3. And last but not least: Is it ok to just overwrite the config.cpp with the config.cpp that was edited by bracie comrade Vultar? (sorry, I´m a bit noobish in this)

4. Also a quick info about how to enable/disable the radiochatter on first page would be useful.

I know that it is written somewhere in the thread, but I had to read through all the pages to make sure I do everything how it is supposed to be. (Although I think that your initial post is already a very thorough one with a lot of explanations)

This mod gives a great new feeling to good ole OFP, thank you very much for that. I hope I can someday pay it back by creating a nice mission with this high quality product.

Best regards

sePL80

Another thing worth fixing I just found. Driving on the airstrip on desert Malden is bumpy as if driving on dirt, even for planes that are taking off from there. This can be fixed by giving the airstrip ground textures special config definitions in CfgSurfaces part of the config. You could copy the ones of the original Malden airstrip ground textures, for example. Doing this will make the vehicles and planes go smoothly on the airstrip as if driving on road. I only tested desert Malden 2, but the same issue could be on the other WW4 desert islands too.

edit :oops.

@Combat-Agent.

nice, will have to try it soon.

@sePL80

You should be able to use the troops and weapons without any problems in ECP by moving the following files :

clipboard01jt.jpg

into the ECP addons folder.

@Rellikki

Didn't noticed that, will try to make the needed modifications before re-release of those desert islands

Edited by Sanctuary

hey! Sanc; do you plan to make compatible with ECP, the @ww4bis22 anims?

"or the fixed-ECPWW4bis is adapted also for the @ww4bis22, sorry I don't try yet to mixing the 2 versions." well ok this works

Edited by Sennacherib

Sanctuary, are there textures for WW4 soldiers with bigger resolution? Maybe, 1024x1024?

@Sanctuary

Not a bug but :

As I noticed, it was quite hard to aim with the Vintorez (East shadow ops sniper), I tested it with a bullet cam script (http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=252).

The muzzle velocity is 350ms, for the same ammo the Groza (Anti terror East) has 475ms.

Thus, aiming for the neck à 200m gives a hit in the foot, at greater distance you have to aim almost at the black bottom end of the scope.

Is it possible to increase the muzzle velocity or make the bullet lighter ?

By, the way most of the scoped east weapons have the Dragunov sight, are you planing to replace it (like the pso from the M.A.P or Tonal S.P ) ?

Any news concerning your plans for the mod ?

So far so good, skirmishing with this mod is the best experience I've had in OFP for years.

Here is a test version of the ECP config.

To install

-get the latest WW4 mod from this thread

-get the latest ECP 1.085 and install it fully

-get the latest ECP patch 1.085e to fix some CTD related to some effects and replace the ECP_Effects.pbo that is in the ECP "addons" folder by the one provided by the patch.

-From the WW4 mod "addons" folder, take the following files :

clipboard01hxw.jpg

-Put those files into the ECP "addons" folder (it will overwrite nothing)

-From the WW4 mod "dta" folder, take the following file :

anim.pbo

(carefull, anim.pbo , NOT anims.pbo)

-Put that file into the ECP "dta" folder (it will overwrite nothing)

-Download the test version of the WW4-ECP config :

http://www.mediafire.com/?pkvysa486omkxv6

or

http://www.sendspace.com/file/43pdlf

-in this archive, take the file that interest you the most, you have choice between ;

Config.cpp without the BIS radio sound for AI more responsibe(the ECP DSAI is always present)

Config.cpp with the BIS radio sound (the ECP DSAI is always present too)

Config.cpp that is just a back of the default ECP config (in which i added the fountain fix recommended by ECP team) in case you want to get back to default ECP but forgot to back up the original config

-Put your prefered config into the ECP "bin" folder and then overwrite the original one.

It should be all, the WW4 troops will be available in ECP, the WW4 animations too and the stock soldiers using WW4 models.

I modified the aimprecision of the animations featuring it to match the ECP original aimprecision (aimprecision is responsible for the weapon "wavering")

Set your own ECP option (the default NVG is selected, choose your own) and the ECP Dynamic Range sound is enabled (turn it off if you don't want it)

Report if you run into any bug

Sanctuary, are there textures for WW4 soldiers with bigger resolution? Maybe, 1024x1024?

No sorry, it's 512*512 only i'm not interested in building 1024*1024 texture of all the ones i did already.

But if someone is willing to do that, feel free to do it and share with everyone, no problem with me.

Not a bug but :

As I noticed, it was quite hard to aim with the Vintorez (East shadow ops sniper), I tested it with a bullet cam script (http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index....details&id=252).

The muzzle velocity is 350ms, for the same ammo the Groza (Anti terror East) has 475ms.

Thus, aiming for the neck à 200m gives a hit in the foot, at greater distance you have to aim almost at the black bottom end of the scope.

Is it possible to increase the muzzle velocity or make the bullet lighter ?

By, the way most of the scoped east weapons have the Dragunov sight, are you planing to replace it (like the pso from the M.A.P or Tonal S.P ) ?

Any news concerning your plans for the mod ?

Will have to test the Vintorez a bit more, it's been a long time i have not used it ingame.

For the scope i had plans for a PSO version of some of the weapons, just didn't get around doing it actually.

ecp dsai is the creme de la creme of ofp breakthroughs and having it in ww4 will only make the experience more fulfilling. this is an overall great idea.