Sign in to follow this  
NeoHazard

Flying while typing...

ArmA doesn't simulate full auto pilot + copilot so it's not a valid comparison.

the co-pilot would be a good idea ;) may it come in the future !!

I've had this happen before, it comes and goes. The controls really shouldn't lock out when you type to people. I completely agree with the sentiments though, VOIP saves lives... Don't fly without it.

I confirm this issue, I've had it happen to me a number of times too...

I agree that the best solution is to just use VOIP... but that's not always possible... sometimes you need to communicate to players that aren't on TS, sometimes the server has the onboard VOIP turned off... there are a number of reasons why there are times when typing+flying is unavoidable... especially since this problem also occurs when opening the map.

The quickest workaround then is to hit Q or Z before going into chat or map... but that's not only an unnecessary hassle, that's not a fix at all... it's a workaround that shouldn't be required...

All inputs should be put to neutral when going into any mode that traps the normal game controls. It's as simple as that.

Heck, in this case, joystick axes aren't even an input for chat... why not just let them float as they were? That would be even better if you're going to hit a mountain and can't get out of the chat in time.

Cheers

Edited by TheHarvesteR

If a player refuses to go on an advertised TS server and the server itself has voip off there's nothing you can do about imo, these ppl deserve to be clueless. ;)

Throttle drops to 0% when using Chat interface / Escape menu / Map screen

Started flying Helicopters again and came across this problem once more. Was this ever reported on DEV heaven any one know?

I notice rereading the thread that some people with a stick don't have the problem? I have the Saitek X52 myself. What sticks do the other users have who don't get the problem? Can they also open the map and use ESC without loosing throttle?

For me the problems are:

Map (M)

Chat Dialogue (/)

Escape Menu (ESC)

I don't quite understand the "Q" fix, where you press Q before you go into the map? What is the default command that Q does, how does this work?

I wish I had of remembered this earlier so I could try to get it into the new patch :/

Thanks for any feedback :cheers:

(Please don't reignite stupid discussions about how you think others should play the game (VOIP :rolleyes: etc..)...it helps no one. This is a bug and that is all I'm wishing to discuss. Thank you)

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Throttle drops to 0% when using Chat interface / Escape menu / Map screen

Started flying Helicopters again and came across this problem once more. Was this ever reported on DEV heaven any one know?

I notice rereading the thread that some people with a stick don't have the problem? I have the Saitek X52 myself. What sticks do the other users have who don't get the problem? Can they also open the map and use ESC without loosing throttle?

For me the problems are:

Map (M)

Chat Dialogue (/)

Escape Menu (ESC)

I don't quite understand the "Q" fix, where you press Q before you go into the map? What is the default command that Q does, how does this work?

I wish I had of remembered this earlier so I could try to get it into the new patch :/

Thanks for any feedback :cheers:

Ok, just had a play about with this. I see "Q" is default digital throttle control. I had no stick axis assigned here. I added my throttle to both these Digital inputs and Chat Dialogue + ESC + Map is working now without cutting throttle.

But..whilst testing, after making these assignments, I feel that I have lost some Throttle control. If you have an axis assigned to both digital and analogue input does one over ride the other or do they compliment each other?

Now I have made these changes I'm am paranoid I am getting digital throttle control only. Is this correct? Am I imagining it?

Here is a DH ticket for it if anyone is interested:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/20345

Edited by -=seany=-