Sign in to follow this  
will(uk)

Towable Artillery to compliment 1.54 patch

Now that the 1.54 patch has given us an accessable artillery computer wouldn't it be nice to be able to tow these rejuvenated artillery pieces around the map.

The R3F team released a superb A2 addon that made this possible although I understand there was a minor problem with the firing plate on the M119 and with the trails on the D30 (couldn't move these attachments to their respective positions for ingame towing-which dosen't affect gameplay so is not really a problem).

Anyone got any opinions on this subject?

i agree on the suggestion, but a step further (or actually, it would work in the same way so guess it is the same suggestion)

trailers..

making it possible to add a "hitch" point to the models...

dont think it should be all that difficult for BIS to be honest.

You can load artillery pieces onto engineer trucks (salvage trucks) in Domination, or lift it with choppers. So it's fairly easy to script a solution for it, if you're looking for relocation of the weapon.

I think what is desired is a new model that allows the gun to reconfigure to the towed configuration. Unfortunately it requires alot of work to make that. Id love that too but just dont have the patience or time to learn oxygen or 3D Studio.