Sign in to follow this  
Alwarren

Backpacks in description.ext

Hi.

I searched the forum on information on how to put Backpacks in the weapon selection for a mission via description.ext, but didn't find anything. So I tried around a bit, and finally found how it works. Since it might be useful to someone, I'll post it here.

Simply put a class Backpacks into your description.ext, just like you would put a class Magazines or class Weapons:

class Backpacks
{
   class US_Patrol_Pack_EP1    {count = 4; };
   class US_Assault_Pack_EP1    {count = 4; };
};

The unit(s) in question must still be able to carry a backpack, though; apparently it doesn't work on all of them.

Hope someone finds this useful. If it was known already, sorry for wasting bandwidth :)

So this will allow you to put them into the ammo crates?

no, it allows you to choose your backpack at the beginning of the mission at the gear screen.

no, it allows you to choose your backpack at the beginning of the mission at the gear screen.

Yeah, I don't think you can put backpacks into ammo crates, if you try, they just drop.

Thanks, looking into this was on my to do list. I won't need to spam the forum up now asking how.

How do you add equipment and grenades to the list so they work?

Hi,

Yes you can put backpacks in ammo/weapon crates or vehicles as player or (AI under player command in game), but at present I can't find a scripting command that allows you to do it from the editor.

I'm running the BAF Addon, I wouldn't have thought that makes any odds.

Regards

James

Thanks, looking into this was on my to do list. I won't need to spam the forum up now asking how.

How do you add equipment and grenades to the list so they work?

You can add magazines and (to the bigger backpacks) guns by using unitBackpack to get the backpack and addMagazineCargo or addWeaponCargo, if that's what you mean.