Sign in to follow this  
blackpulpit

Please help with sprocket Brit download problem

Hello

I went to sprocket and asked for help from them and still no reply yet so I want to ask for help possibly here. I went to sprocket and paid for the Brittish addon and downloaded the installer, then in able for it to download the content to the game it asks for your email 2 times which I put in, then for your serial number in which they send you via email which I put it perfectly many many times after this failed. When you go to hit run it says this every time.

"There was a problem activating Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead DLC: Writing of license file failed."

I have done everything from delete my entire game and redownloaded it, repatched it perfectly with new patch as well and reboot, check to make sure I am and have been running as administrator and even had my friend who works on computers for a living stop by to see if he knew and nothing has worked, everything is fine on my end and I still get this message. I know of another member here who has had the exact same problem and he cant figure it out either, so if anyone at BIS or elsewhere knows what possibly could be wrong please help me out...sprocket is not returning my emails at all, thank you very much.

Maybe firewall preventing access to the internet? I had the same problem before and tried again after I temp. disabled my firewall which by default blocks all outgoing traffic.

I just downloaded the browser version with Free Download Manager and it was a self contained .exe file and worked fine.

What a hell .... same problem here ... !!!

What about Acces Code ???? :mad: :mad:

I haven't received the email which informed CD-Key ... !

[quote=blackpulpit

"There was a problem activating Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead DLC: Writing of license file failed."

yeah i had this too kept getting code wrong so i copied and pasted the code piece by piece and bingo it worked :D

I was having trouble installing and kept getting a runtime error and then read on these forums someone having same problem. Turned out it was the antivirus (bitdefender in my case) and so just turned it off during install and hey presto it worked fine. Hope this helps some people having trouble.