Sign in to follow this  
Razzamatazz

Severe performance issues after installing BAF

Hi guys,

I own A2, OA, and now BAF through Steam. Yesterday Steam downloaded patch 1.54 for me and just an hour or so ago I downloaded BAF. I played around in the editor yesterday before buying BAF to test out the lo-res versions of the British units and everything ran perfectly fine.

After downloading BAF, I experienced a momumental drop off in performance. I don't know exactly what FPS I have now or was getting previously, but I can say it was perfectly playable and smooth at reasonably high settings before. Now I can barely even navigate the main menu the stuttering is so bad. It's unlike most lag I've experienced before though. Instead of looking like frame after frame, it's like the game will run for a second or two then pause for anywhere between 5 and 10 seconds.

Any help would be appreciated!

Here are my system specs:

• E8500 @ 3.7GHz
  • AC Freezer 7 Pro CPU cooler
  • Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R Mobo
  • 2GB (2x1 GB) OCZ DDR2-1066
  • XFX HD 5850 1GB (stock speeds)
  • Older WD 7200RPM HDD (250GB)

• Windows 7 x64

• As stated before, I bought Arma 2, Operation Arrowhead, and BAF all through steam.

EDIT:

Forgot to list in-game settings:

1920x1200 for screen+3d resolutions

Textures: Very High

Video Mem: Very High

AF: Normal

AA: Disabled

Terrain: Normal

Objects: High

Shadows: High

PP: Very Low

View Distance: Usually somewhere between 2500-4000...currently just above 3000m I think.

Edited by Razzamatazz

I have the exact same problem. Running an ATI 5770 with latest drivers and the framerate is so stuttery I can't play. Everything was fine before BAF.

My FPS didn't drop as drastically as yours, but I used to be able to play comfortably at 133% 3D res, now I cant go any higher than 100%. It sucks :(

Well i tried defraging BAF after installing it and it seemed to do the trick. BAF runs a lot smoother now. I just hope this isn't a temporary fix.

I'm guessing you mean defragging BAF only, using the Steam defrag function, right?

you may try this

install latest OA public beta (it will not overwrite anything)

and compare the performance You getting with beta vs STEAM OA build

I had tried the newest beta as well and it had no effect, but AMS Agent's suggestion worked perfectly. Performance was completely restored. I suggest others who have this problem to defrag BAF via Steam also.

Had same problems with steam version and latest beta, but defragging via steam seems to help. Works perfectly now. --->Back to campaign :yay:

Restart PC and verify game files with steam, same thing happened me unplayable couldnt even click on MP or SP in the editor.

Was a steam issue.