Sign in to follow this  
Frencherman

Patch 1.54 Securom conflict

Help guys, cause I am seriously beginning to think about jumping out of the window.

I never got Problems with any patches in Arma 2 or OA before, but with the new 1.54 Patch nothing works anymore. Everything started fine, the dowload and also the installation process.

But now after trying to start the patched game Securom tells me that there is a conflict with some emulation-software and that the game cannot be started with such a programm (alcohol, daemon_tool) running in the background. The funny thing is that I have not any of those installed and that everything worked fine before installing this mess of a patched.

I tried it for the third time now and got still the same problem. Is anybody here able to help me???

I suggest you to contact Securom about it.

It may even offer you some option there...

I have the same problem.

After installing the new patch i get a securom message that i have deamon tools installed, but i dont have any of those programs on my pc.

Original disk is inside my dvd rom.

I reinstalled arma2 in follow steps and checked always if it starts:

1) install arma2 vanilla --> i was able to start the game with arma2 disk inside

2) install arrowhead --> i could start the game with the original arrowhead disk inside

3) i installed 1.54 --> game wont start i get securom message with original arrowhead disc inside

addidtional) i could play the game with 1.53 --> original arrowhead disk inside

i have german version.

i also contacted the securom support but they cant help, i sended them my log analysis file but they couldnt find something. But they are on it.

Untill that i have to stay on 1.53 :(

that means i cant use my baf untill the problem is fixed.

I tried everything. I searched registry, i downloaded deamon tools to install and uninstall them but i think it has nothing to do with it, because i had it never on my pc before.

Securom support is the wrong way i think, it has something to do with the latest patch.

It makes the game think my original disk is an emulated drive or something strange.

Hope you may take a look on this problem, i want play arma.

plz dont suggest any cracks, i want play with my original disk and my dlc which i cant use with my current working 1.53 version.

thanks for any help, i really need it.

Securom usually is helpful and until we release Securom free exe in next patch not much we can do from our end...

I have the same problem.

After installing the new patch i get a securom message that i have deamon tools installed, but i dont have any of those programs on my pc.

Original disk is inside my dvd rom.

I reinstalled arma2 in follow steps and checked always if it starts:

1) install arma2 vanilla --> i was able to start the game with arma2 disk inside

2) install arrowhead --> i could start the game with the original arrowhead disk inside

3) i installed 1.54 --> game wont start i get securom message with original arrowhead disc inside

addidtional) i could play the game with 1.53 --> original arrowhead disk inside

i have german version.

i also contacted the securom support but they cant help, i sended them my log analysis file but they couldnt find something. But they are on it.

Untill that i have to stay on 1.53 :(

that means i cant use my baf untill the problem is fixed.

I tried everything. I searched registry, i downloaded deamon tools to install and uninstall them but i think it has nothing to do with it, because i had it never on my pc before.

Securom support is the wrong way i think, it has something to do with the latest patch.

It makes the game think my original disk is an emulated drive or something strange.

Hope you may take a look on this problem, i want play arma.

plz dont suggest any cracks, i want play with my original disk and my dlc which i cant use with my current working 1.53 version.

thanks for any help, i really need it.

I think its not securom, something weird triggers it which was inside the 1.54, because it worked till 1.54.

I tried to find a newer firmware for my dvd rom, but i couldnt find some.

I have a old LG HL-DT-ST GDR8163B DvD ROM.

I really have no ideas how to fix that.

I hope you take a look on that...

p.s. i never got any emulation software on my computer

AND i dont want any removed cd checks or a securom free exe, i have the f... disks, and they worked till patch 1.53!!!

Edited by Pain0815

Securom usually is helpful and until we release Securom free exe in next patch not much we can do from our end...

Wouldn't be the first time a new version release of a software product has had Securom problems, even if previous versions were working fine. I have had issues in the past on various software where Securom has had to provide some form of support. They are generally quite interested in helping end-users deal with DRM issues - if their technology prevents legitimate users from being able to enjoy the software, developers may look elsewhere for their DRM needs.

Check their support forum and/or send an email to their support desk and/or call them (probably toll free) during business hours (at their support location, which could be the other side of the world from you). Here is a link to their main site and here is a link to their support site.

Edited by KaBoNG

I am already in contact with securom support, but they are not very helpful untill now.

i tried the securom support before i startet the whole reinstall and test thingy i mentioned, and hours before my first post here in this thread.

I could pin down the problem so far by checking all versions step by step and its something came with PATCH 1.54.

Edited by Pain0815

check the md5 sum of your download, you never know it might bre as simple as its a bit corrupt,

Ichecked it, the checksum is identical

And by the way the patch installed correctly.

But after the patch when i want start my game then the coursor switches to the disk symbol after hitting the shortcut to start the game.

Then a window pops up which tells me i have to deactivate or uninstall my emulation software like daemon tools or alcohol.

Fuck i even tried to download, install and uninstall daemon tools, nothing changed....

Same popup window, same message all the time.

Seems i have to stay on 1.53 for a while...

Edited by Pain0815

Without fixing anything for myself, it is working now for me. Can't really tell you why :confused:

Next patch sounds good. I don't have any problem just would prefer to play without disc.:)

For those who are having problem post patch 1.54 I suggest to download the latest beta patch.

And play from the beta. The beta doesn't come with Securom disc check.

It's not a solution but it may help mitigate it a bit if the problem persists to some time. This way you can still play with other 1.54 servers.

Edited by Michael Withstand

I do have a reason why I wanted to play without disc... the disc has scratches when I got them... hence I do not want to further damage the disc. So I always plays beta and hopefully the official patch will remove securom soon.

thanks to patch 1.54 i cant play the game anymore^^

as against the others here i used to have Alcohol 120 on my hdd for LEGAL purposes^^ so i deinstalled it and cleaned my registry but nothing helped.

the point that makes me really angry about this is, i used to get that securom message even in times where i had no alcohol 120 on my hdd^^ for example directly after a fresh windows install... on that point i just tried again to open arma and it worked^^ it really pisses me off that a game forces u to not use programs that CAN get used for illegal purposes^^ but that doesnt mean i do so.... so i do really hope the next patch will come soon with that securom free exe...

thanks to patch 1.54 i cant play the game anymore^^

as against the others here i used to have Alcohol 120 on my hdd for LEGAL purposes^^ so i deinstalled it and cleaned my registry but nothing helped.

the point that makes me really angry about this is, i used to get that securom message even in times where i had no alcohol 120 on my hdd^^ for example directly after a fresh windows install... on that point i just tried again to open arma and it worked^^ it really pisses me off that a game forces u to not use programs that CAN get used for illegal purposes^^ but that doesnt mean i do so.... so i do really hope the next patch will come soon with that securom free exe...

please try contact SECUROM support to resolve this issue

http://www.securom.com/support_enduser.asp

Dwarden is right they solved my problem, i got an email 3 hours ago.

@ Due-_-:

Try download this program and run it to deinstall the sptd.sys device driver, after that arma starts as is should with the original disk inside.

Click me!

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

For those who are having problem post patch 1.54 I suggest to download the latest beta patch.

It works for me now without but for 1.54 there are no beta patches

its kinda funny how this com helps more then the securom support itself^^

i already did that diagnostic stuff and send the file to securom but all i received was some auto generated email^^

I got it from securom support, but i sended them the problem yesterday so you will get the same message today or tomorrow i think.

Use this file to uninstall this driver

Thank u so much pain0815 ;D that solved my problem instantly.....

but there is still a question left.... is there any emulation software around that does not conflict with securom?