Sign in to follow this  
byteslam

Problems with Linux server 1.54.72898 BAF Data file too short

Hi I run into trouble after the update from 1.52 to 1.54.

Here is what I did:

-I installed the patch 1.54 on my Windows machine

-I bought the BAF Addon and installed it to my ARMA2 + ARMA2OA

-I started the game and it works as it should.

-I started the local windows arma2oaserver and connected locally, this works as well.

- I copied all files to my Linux server where the 1.52 worked fine.

- I unpacked the new server tar and run the installation script.

But when I start, I get the following error:

arma@SERVI:~/arma2server> ./server

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Data file too short 'baf\addons\air_d_baf.pbo'. Expected 570469666 B, got 59685005 B

Critical:Destroying running thread!

Segmentation fault

I already copied the files again, checked the file size etc. it is fine.

In mine opinion there is a reference file which holds the wrong sizes.

Any idea where I have to look for it to change this?

I expect you will need to run the server without the baf folder. The baf lite version is already present in the v1.54 patch, and the high res textures aren't needed for the server.

I expect you will need to run the server without the baf folder. The baf lite version is already present in the v1.54 patch, and the high res textures aren't needed for the server.

I tried it without but then it complains in other files.

I tried it without but then it complains in other files.
What error message or messages are you getting? I'm running a linux server without the baf folder, and it's fine on v1.54.

with BAF

arma@SERVI:~/arma2server> ./server

Data file too short 'baf\addons\air_d_baf.pbo'. Expected 570469666 B, got 59685005 B

Criticalestroying running thread!

Criticalestroying running thread!

Segmentation fault

without the BAF FOLDER

~/arma2server> ./server

21:09:58 Dedicated host created.

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V10 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V20 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V30 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V40 not found

Error context W÷hÇW÷¸[e¸[e

File , line 0: '.h': 'Ç' encountered instead of '='

Segmentation fault

the 1.52 worked fine before, I assume it has a relation to the BAF installation

Error context W÷hÇW÷¸[e¸[e

File , line 0: '.h': 'Ç' encountered instead of '='

This seems to indicate that there's a corrupted file. You may need to upload the 1.54 files again :butbut:

This seems to indicate that there's a corrupted file. You may need to upload the 1.54 files again :butbut:

This was I did before, afterward I did an md5... so it is fine. I think the problem is related to BAF. as soon as this is installed it does not work, if you just have the patch it is fine.

I have a Linux server, you don't need to run BAF, that's half the point of 'BAF Lite', address the errors that happen when you don't run BAF rather than the ones you get if you do.

I have a Linux server, you don't need to run BAF, that's half the point of 'BAF Lite', address the errors that happen when you don't run BAF rather than the ones you get if you do.

the Problem is, that I updated my installation and pushed this folder to the server. The exact order of my installation is ARMA2-ARMA2OA-PATCH154-BAF

This is what I pushed to the server.

Unfortunately I was not aware that this does not work. So I need to install ARMA2-ARMA2OA-PATCH154 push it over and then install the BAF right?

But to be honest, that´s not rally well communicated neither programmed by BI.

You don't need BAF at all, just delete it and remove any reference from your -mod parameter, everything the dedicated server needs to know about BAF is in 1.54.

Hmmm... not sure I've given you the right advice now, it should work that way but I find I'm getting 'missing classes' when trying to run a BAF inclusive mission on our dedicated. I'm gonna upload BAF and see what happens.

EDIT: Dammit, why does it sometimes append posts and other times not?

EDIT: Okay I've now tried no BAF (relying on the classes in 1.54), BAF run as @baf\addons and also all BAF pbo's in \addons. The first two yield missing/deleted classes notifications in the RPT file and the last causes the same as the OP is getting (but on a different file):

WATCHDOG (9780): [sat Aug 28 14:35:04 NZST 2010] Starting server (port 2302)...
Data file too short 'addons\shapur_baf.pbo'. Expected 98781549 B, got 40500590 B
Critical:Destroying running thread!WATCHDOG (9780): [sat Aug 28 14:35:06 NZST 2010] Server died, waiting to restart...
WATCHDOG (9780): [sat Aug 28 14:35:11 NZST 2010] Starting server (port 2302)...
Data file too short 'addons\shapur_baf.pbo'. Expected 98781549 B, got 40500590 B

Linux dedicated does not appear to run BAF missions or we need more information on how to set it up to do so.

Edited by Defunkt

I was wondering about this - I already have a 1.52 linux server installed - and am hesitant to install 1.54 patch on my windows client because i dont want to be incompatible with my server.

So to install the 1.54 on my linux server, isnt there a more elegant way to do that than to copy the whole windows installation over to the linux server again ?

I suppose I could do an rsync or file checksums script and copy as needed, but it seems there would already be an elegant upgrade mechanism for linux server... no ?

Okay fixed, it appears you can't use BAF Full it has to be BAF Lite which is some 34 files found in your local \Common\ folder. Our Linux OA server was originally an A2 server and doesn't require \common\, I tried running these as a mod but it didn't work so placed most of them in the main addons folder and it then did. Rather than overwrite language.pbo and languagemissions.pbo (the only filenames that conflict with the existing \addons\ content) I've left these in a mod folder and am waiting to see if any errors arise as a result.

I suppose I could do an rsync or file checksums script and copy as needed, but it seems there would already be an elegant upgrade mechanism for linux server... no ?
I'm afraid the answer is no. I have a local PC with linux installed, on which I copy all ArmA 2 content after I have upgraded my own system. With the local linux PC I can use rsync to update our game server with minimal bandwidth usage.
Okay fixed, it appears you can't use BAF Full it has to be BAF Lite which is some 34 files found in your local \Common\ folder. Our Linux OA server was originally an A2 server and doesn't require \common\, I tried running these as a mod but it didn't work so placed most of them in the main addons folder and it then did. Rather than overwrite language.pbo and languagemissions.pbo (the only filenames that conflict with the existing \addons\ content) I've left these in a mod folder and am waiting to see if any errors arise as a result.

That is probably why it worked on our linux server flawlessly from the start. It was already set up as a CO server, with the common and expansion folders already present. It was just a matter of updating those folders to get the linux server to run missions with BAF content.

Solved:

I did a new installation of ARMA2, ARMA2OA and the 1.54 patch to a different folder on my Windows machine.

After managing the problem with the mission_e.pbo I uploaded this fresh installation to my local installed OpenSuse 11.3 64 Bit.

I adapted the settings and was able to start the server.

Unfortunately I face still errors:

16:50:13 Dedicated host created.

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V10 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V20 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V30 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V40 not found

16:50:15 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.108)

16:50:15 Host identity created.

ArmA 2 OA Console version 1.54 : port 2302 - Sockets

I think we can ignore the "String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V20 not found"

message or?

However, now I used my original BAF installation on Windows to connect:

16:53:14 ByteSlam uses modified data file - Arma 2;Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead;Arma 2: British Armed Forces

16:53:14 Player ByteSlam connecting.

16:53:15 Player ByteSlam connected (id=1xxxxx4).

Mission MP_humanitarian_aid.Shapur_BAF: Missing 'description.ext::Header'

16:54:36 Roles assigned.

16:54:36 Reading mission ...

Warning Message: Picture ca\missions_baf\scenarios\sp_humanitarian_aid.shapur_baf\img\loading_screen_ha_co.paa not found

Warning Message: Picture ca\missions_baf\scenarios\sp_humanitarian_aid.shapur_baf\img\loading_screen_ha_co.paa not found

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

16:55:01 Mission read.

16:56:06 Game started.

16:56:07 BattlEye Server: Player #0 ByteSlam (192.168.78.22:2304) - GUID: 0ebc684388b43819b0b458a027c5e68f

16:57:54 BattlEye Server: Update successfully completed. Restarting...

16:57:54 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.110)

Edited by byteslam

Is it possible for any of you to post the file-names in question? I find it rather waste of time and bandwith to upload 15.5 GB of data if the 1.54 server only need a few new files?

Might be worth noticing I won't run BAF, just interested in 1.54 server. Can't really find any info if it change something from 1.52 (Linux), e.g would be happy to know if 1.54 fix the unstable weapon selection in briefing?

So the command line does not require any mod arguments? And the BAF directory need not be uploaded?

Edited by Mr.Peanut
shrimp

So the command line does not require any mod arguments? And the BAF directory need not be uploaded?

If you have patched to v1.54, there's nothing else you need to do. Missions with BAF content will then work out-of-the-box :)

But what does it mean to "patch" a ded linux server? I think you must be thinking of a windows server.

But what does it mean to "patch" a ded linux server? I think you must be thinking of a windows server.

Sorry, I wasn't particularly clear. I meant patched the game on your local Windows PC to v1.54 and then uploaded the files to the linux server.

If you've done that, there is no need to do anything else (in fact you explicitly shouldn't upload the BAF folder to your linux server).