Sign in to follow this  
ryguy

reskinning the blackhawk??

Hi all,

So I found the textures for the blackhawk, all split up into different files and I'm editing them for a new skin. I have all the textures done, but how can I apply them to a new model and PBO it?

Can you open it with oxygen 2 ?

do you ahve a version of the black hawk for oxygen 2 = ?

ill help you to reskin it , if you show me how is your texture , and how is the black hawk arma 2 original texture :)

thx

Use image shack

B/well , jsut to orient you , you ahve to use the UV editor , on Surfaces , on oxygen 2 .

A/PBO it with binPBO , you browse your file with the black hawk down , up and the destination, wich shoudl be arma 2 addons folder , pack done.

Edited by deltaGhost

I guess I really mean the UH60... and no I don't believe I have an oxygen 2 version of it, because the MLODs haven't been released.

Quick hex-edit or you could use moveObject. AFAIK UH-60 don't have hiddenSelections so you need to make a new config for it also...

I sorta have no idea what that means :S

wow dude , thats not easy i mean well , you can do something , no u cant , mmh

Im afraid , id like to help you but dunno how , Without " MLODS " its impossible on the meaning that will be rlly hard

you can choose

A - make your own black hawk from scratch and then apply the texture

B - take one form internet , prbbly it will be a 3d max one sou can import and export

C- do waht that guy from 7th SFG ,17th its better clan ; ) hehe its my clan , i dont know what he means i mean .

those are the only options xD

if i was you i gave up , why change the textures?

and you Max PL would your clan like to have a clan war VS my clan 17th special forces group vs 7th Special forces group , it would be fun , and we prbbly will kick your ass "; ) just kidding hehe

Edited by deltaGhost

A little tip about the textures for UH60, it doesnt use the separate ones at all. You only have to edit the texture named "uh60_1_navy_co", which contains all 5 different pieces in the same texture-file. This confused me a lot when I worked with it, as I thought it was a LOD-texture, but apparantly it seems the separate versions are just junk-files BIS forgot about :P

*deleted hexing info*

I'm sorry I'm not a coder, so I cant help you with the config (I have a dude on my mod-team to fix all that for me :D )

Edited by Mr. Bravo

HEX Editing is not allowed here :( , but you can use arma 1 black hawk form the sample models they are the same AFAIK

HEX Editing is not allowed here :(

That. And This.

Answers to what? If hex editing or ripping content from a product and further re-distribute it is allowed?

Of course it is not and it never was for any BI game...

I'm kinda iffy on whether its a good idea to keep the link on here or not though.

What? Isnt it allowed to hex texture-paths in bis-models anymore? I know there have been a lot of fuzz about stealing models by decrypting p3d-files, which of course isnt cool, but this isnt the same. As long as it is used in arma2, with the correct credits, it should be fine. If BIS have made any official statement about this, then please enlighten me. If so, they should really make sticky topics and mass-pm about it. Like 80 percent of all the arma mods are hexed stuff :p

Edit: seeing in other threads now how people say bis have updated their license agreement for people not to edit the p3d files, I guess that's how it is nowadays. Very sad. Well, I deleted my hexing-info in my previous post.

Edited by Mr. Bravo