Sign in to follow this  
Ecto

I need your feedback on my Arma problems. Three questions.

Okay, so my game is newly bought (yesterday) and assigned with ArmA II. Its an original, I can proove it by photo, or something, if you dont believe me. I got three problems with the game:

1) (You already know it) the game crashes. The OA has stopped working is showing either if the game is played for 10-15 minutes, or when "scenarios" button is hit.

2) I dont have a texture of some roof or other thing, so when I load any mission, I get the error first, then it runs fine.

3) Units. I dont know If I got them all... Does Germany have only infantry? And Taki Military only BTR in Armored? Something is mesed up I guess..

Help me out. Im pissed. Im in since the first OFP, and OA seems to be great expansion, but I just cant cross over these problems...

Okay, so my game is newly bought (yesterday) and assigned with ArmA II. Its an original, I can proove it by photo, or something, if you dont believe me. I got three problems with the game:

1) (You already know it) the game crashes. The OA has stopped working is showing either if the game is played for 10-15 minutes, or when "scenarios" button is hit.

2) I dont have a texture of some roof or other thing, so when I load any mission, I get the error first, then it runs fine.

3) Units. I dont know If I got them all... Does Germany have only infantry? And Taki Military only BTR in Armored? Something is mesed up I guess..

Help me out. Im pissed. Im in since the first OFP, and OA seems to be great expansion, but I just cant cross over these problems...

Sounds like something has corrupted during the install process. Did you get Arma 2 and OA seperately or as combined operations?

Please post your system specs and any other potentially relevant information and we can help you further.

I get the error first, then it runs fine.

yes......so? What does the error say? Don't you think knowing the content of appearing error messages could possibly help to locate the problem? Or do you think programmers just included error messages because they were bored?

The error message says "cannot load structure ca\tructures\data\roof\roof_ethernit_smdi.paa."

Seems like your installation is messed up. Check also health of your harddrive.

And yes, Germany only have a few Inf, not much. Out of my mind i would also confirm Takistani armoreds.

Check your harddrive for errors, defrag it and reinstall OA.

The error message says "cannot load structure ca\tructures\data\roof\roof_ethernit_smdi.paa."

Actually the error message says "cannot load texture ca\structures\data\roof\roof_ethernit_smdi.paa".

And i am too "suffering" from this problem (not in ArmA2 though, only when i run OA - even without any addons at all).

Anyone else?

I reinstalled ArmA2 and applied latest patch, installed OA (into the same dir as ArmA2) and applied latest patch.

No errors during installation, no HDD problems.

And when i unpack structures.PBO, the "roof_ethernit_smdi.paa" is really missing, it is not in the PBO.

I don't think it's a big issue as everything seems to work ok, but it is only annoying - i thought i could solve it by placing some other paa named "roof_ethernit_smdi.paa" into "arma2/addons/ca/structures/data/roof/" directory, but it doesn't help (where exactly should i put it?)

I just unpacked the structures.pbo file and the file is there.

I just unpacked the structures.pbo file and the file is there.

Thanks, your post forced me to look for it again.

There are 2 files named "structures.pbo" - first is in the "Addons" directory, and the second is in "Common" directory.

At first i checked only the one in "Addons", which does not contain "roof_ethernit_smdi.paa" and it didn't occured to me i should look for another "structures.pbo",

but now when i unpacked the other PBO file in "Common", i found the texture is there.

But then again - if the file is there, why the error message??

EDIT: just forgot to mention i have ArmA2 and OA both downloaded from Sprocket (not that i think it is important).

Edited by 5133p39

Missing texture problem solved.

In case someone would stumble upon this thread regarding this or simmilar problem, check this post:

Ok, the installation is complete, and problem is solved.

Sorry for bothering everyone with this "problem".

After the installation finished, i checked the \arma2\addons\structures.pbo and now the previously missing texture is there.

To my defense i can say only that the last 2 reinstalls were performed with different patches than those which i used now.

Before i was doing it like this:

1. Install ArmA2 (Sprocket version)

2. Run ArmA2 patch 100-105

3. Run ArmA2 patch 105-107

4. Install OA (Sprocket version)

5. Run A2OA_Patch_154

(resulted in the missing texture problem)

But during the last (and now working) reinstall i did this:

1. Install ArmA2 (Sprocket version)

2. Run ArmA2 patch 100-107

3. Install OA (Sprocket version)

4. Run A2OA_Patch_154

(works ok)

So maybe i was using wrong patches before?

But i really had no errors at all!

Anyway, my apologies again, as there is high probability that the error was mine.

Excellent, glad you got it solved. And thanks for writing your solution, might help others having similar problems. Enjoy it.