Sign in to follow this  
xeno426

Stryker MGS and MEV fixes

Thx for this. Its extremly useful. I have tested it today and it works without any problems.

ps

the date in your first post seems to be incorect.

Edited by Muecke

the date in your first post seems to be incorect.

Herp derp. Fixed now.

Updated 05-04-2011

It really annoyed me

Summary: The Stryker MEV now has eight passenger positions. The Stryker MGS no longer displays a commander position; it is now a gunner position.

Yes totally agree.

Thanks so much for your work on this.

Really appreciate it Xeno426

This fix is highly recommended if you play Gossamer's Warfare.

The crew selection in the buy menu for the Stryker MGS uses the Driver and Gunner seat. Without this mod, it'll spawn the Stryker MGS with a driver and then a crewman outside of it.

Also being able to spawn inside the Stryker Ambulance is nice.

I should note that these changes are already included in my Vehicle Fix mod, so if you are running that mod you don't need this one.

Mod update, see first post. Please note the signature file has changed!

Seeing that so much work is done for BLUFOR, does someoen sonsider to fix the OPFOR vehicles too?

The Takistani Landrover HMG has a fourth seat in the model but it has no proxy, same with the second seat in the L-39ZA

Seeing that so much work is done for BLUFOR, does someoen sonsider to fix the OPFOR vehicles too?

The Takistani Landrover HMG has a fourth seat in the model but it has no proxy, same with the second seat in the L-39ZA

Didn't know about the Landrover, but I did try editing the L-39, and that seat is simply not usable. I echo your sentiment, though, and it's one of my biggest criticisms for the various official DLC and mods like PR: not enough content for OPFOR.

Fits 8? I can only get 5 in the MEV. 1 in driver and 4 in cargo. Is that right? The 4 in back all sit on the right hand side. The left hand side seats are empty.

You sure you have the right version? I just checked the one on ArmAholic and it has 8.

Future versions will be set to 6. I completely forgot about the Taki landrover issue, and I plan to look into that as well.

Addendum: Just tested out the landrover. Even though there is an extra seat it in, that seat has no proxy position, so nobody actually sits in it. The "extra" person just disappears into the model.

Edited by Xeno426

I never used ace before, until today. I installed both ace and your stryker fix and a few other addons, but I missed the little check box in my arma 2 launcher when I was enabling a bunch of new mods. Apparently ace must have given the stryker mev 5 seats - and I thought it was your stryker fix. My mistake. I tested again and enabled the fix and sure enough it held 8 men.

I really appreciate the styker mev fix you made because I mostly design small coop missions and I always have an MHQ that players can teleport to - and I used to use the stryker MGS because it allowed me to add an action to the base flag where players could teleport right into the cargo of the stryker MGS. This meant that players could teleport to it while it was moving or while it was being lifted by a chopper. The problem I had was when players would decide to use the stryker MGS gun and drive into the middle of the battlefield and use it to fight with - and they would get the vehicle destroyed. Even if I removed the ammo from the gun, they would still try to use it and get the vehicle spotted and destroyed. With your fix, I won't have that problem anymore. Thank you Xeno :)