Sign in to follow this  
Goetterfunke

NEW ARTILLERY with real GUN ! completely move/controlable !

Well, if its modeled correctly, HE shouldn't penetrate armour (unless there is a tank with very very thin top armour and there is an air burst). It's a fragmentation /anti-personnel weapon, not an armour penetrating round.

I cat get it to work.

what is it called in the editor and is it available under EMPTY?confused.gif

Pretty good, but you need to improve it a lot. We can HARDLY see were we fire. There is a d*amn nose that ocur when you get in the arty. So it's a pretty good idea you got there. But like it is, it's not much playable.

I find, it's very good playable

Of course, you need a scecond unit (in coop) who tells you where to shoot !

this is just like in real life !

in singleplayer, you can add yourself a spotter, who tells you where to shoot

just sidechat the distance/ direction between the impact and the target (e.g. Shilka)

Does your artilery require any addons, like Gunslinger's or something? That would make it even better if I didn't have to download a bunch of crap that screws with my system to use your artillery smile.gif . I can't wait to use it.

Crispy

it neds only the dummygun.pbo which is already included in the .zip file

it's only 1kb or so

put in in your addons folder

Kinda nice, you can move with it without the truck, but i like how it attach to the truck and stuff

Where the flamethrower?

Anyway aiming it up and down would be great i killed my self once

I can never hit a house that is 1 meter away from me kinda weird

k, nice addon

That's funny, I was able to kill my arty helper with a smoke shell from 5 meters away.

Also, now and then, my guy gets hurt from the arty gun, I'll fire a salvo and he'll scream in pain. Is there a "explosion" that happens close to the gun every time it fires that can injure my guy if he's too close?

-=Die Alive=-

Heh thats true i just retryed with a blackop close to the cannon, and bam i hear the sound of injure then he yells "2 Injured"

lol

I cant get it to work ive put all the files in the correct places as the readme says but ti just wont work mad.gif

I know I must have done something wrong.

I tried reinstallig it aswell

Madmike, this is what I got and it works. Hope this helps ya.

In my Users/*YourPlayer*/Missions/artellerie.abel folder, i have 10 files, DUMMYGUN.PBO, a mission.sqm, 7 *sqs files, and a readme.  I coppied the Dummygun.pbo file and pasted it into the Codemasters/OFP/Addons folder.  When I start OFP and in the editor, I load the mission artellerie for the island Malden.

BTW, i'm running OFP v1.40

-=Die Alive=-

1stly, Great work mate, This is the best unofficial add on to date by a long way.

However, I may have a few bugs for you to look into.

1) Every time I fire I get another "fire" & "change movoement( or whetever it is)" added to the list when I hit enter.

So I use the radio to take control of the artillery, & hit enter & I have:

fire

change movement (or whatever it is, can't remember)

reload M16

binoculars

now, If I fire 5 times I will have;

fire

change movement

fire

change movement

fire

change movement

fire

change movement

fire

change movement

fire

change movement

reload M16

binoculars

It's not to bad till you fire 20 or 30 rounds & it takes 5 minutes to scroll down to use the binoculars.

2) It seems that even tho the barrel points up, it fires horizontal as a few times I have fired at a distance of 400/500M but it has caught the ground 2m away.

No big deal but thought I'd add it here anyway.

Don't take this as critism, just thought you would like to know as I haven't seen anyone else point it out.

Might just be me ?

I have tried this under OFP 1.4, no red hammer

1.3 with red hammer

With red hammer repatched to 1.4

No change.

If you want any more info let me know & i'll get it to you.

Thanks.

Al

PS: I like the aiming system as it is, please don't make it easier.

This thing has enough power to move tanks 200m, easy aiming would make it too powerfull.

The one thing that I would change is how fast the range goes up or down.  First time playing this, I would get a range, then to adjust 50m, I'd be all over the place, and it would never get the the distance that i'd want it to be at.  Then I tried to get "into" the arty while in walk mode, not while running, and I have alot more control over adjusting the distance.  Before, in "run mode", every tap of the forward or backward keys would adjust the range by +/-30 or more meters .  But with the "walk mode", I could adjust the range by as few as +/- 5 meters , lot more usefull when using HEAT ammo on armour targets and you want to score direct hits every time.

-=Die Alive=-

smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif  wink.gif

thx for feedback !

ooTom from our german forum improved the gun

new features:

all action menu, no radio necessary anymore

You can fire Flares now !!!!!!!!

This is very nice in the nightime

@AL

i never had that prob with not deleting actionmenus !

perhaps try this improved version

Download:

http://www.k-foren.de/attachm....=238295

im working all the time on my new DUNE conversion, wich will make much Fun in Single and Multi

there's a thread with a downloadable preview-version

watch it

I didn't know about the dummygun before I noticed this thread..

Lately I've been working to improve my old artillery script alot, for days, to include spotter capability for it also.

I got half dozen different versions of the spotter script wink.gif

So I took the dummygun to a treatment, gave it another name and added new ammo, to fake the shot.

Then included it in the artillery script along with the spotter script, so far having 1 battery working with or without the spotter smile.gif

(battery = 1 to 6 guns)

So I have real battery improvising firing the shot.

Shells are still dropped at the point of impact and doesnt have trajectory.

sounds quite nice when has the artillery firing from the distance and hearing the impacts.

If you want to take a look, heres the url (the .pbo goes to addons):

http://koti.mbnet.fi/fishu/ofp/nlm_artillery.zip

It still isn't ready, but works, with less features than planned to have someday.

To get some help with the arquments, you should look at the jpg files at (and everything else should be learned from the example mission):

http://koti.mbnet.fi/fishu/ofp/

Its ok I got it to work...

There was a a file that didnt doenlaod, so I d/l it again and it works now

I just discovered an new artillery on an german OFP website:

http://www.operation-flashpoint.de/files/missionen/2253/Arijorgf.zip (219 KB)

Inside are two folders one named with intro (I guess SP) and another one with all artillery data.

The Readme is in very poor german and I guess that you call artillery strike because he recommend to place the car and the artillery somewhere on an isle far away from the battlefield.

Need to try it out later since I surf now with my laptop in the living room. smile.gif

Of course I will try out all other here mentioned artilleries too.

Götterfunkes arty: good, allows reloading and moving by hand and truck, different ammo types

ootom (?): good but stationary, simpler in handling, no moving (?)

fishu: can`t make it work sad.gif

and those other arty by joergF: after renaming some files (uses german only letters) I managed to make it work, seems lke arty support by ship or something, allows volley or salve (1-6 guns), degrees and distance,

Thanks for the link mate.

I'll try it tonight & let you know the result.

Al

Wow, much better smile.gif

Still get the shell hitting the ground very close giving me damage occasionally but much better than before.

Menu is much better.

Now if only you could work out how to award points for a kill with the artillery i'd be a happy man smile.gif.

Very impressive work mate, keep it up.

Al

Animalica,

you must copy .pbo to \addons\ and all rest of the files to \users\<yourplayername>\missions\arty.Intro

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Fishu @ Jan. 08 2002,13:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Animalica,

you must copy .pbo to \addons\ and all rest of the files to \users\<yourplayername>\missions\arty.Intro<span id='postcolor'>

Ahhh!

Folder "arty.Intro" - I created an folder named as the zip file "arty_Intro" so it was no wonder that it didn`t work.

Thanks for the hint! smile.gif

i'm working on an improved version, where you won't get

dammage anymore and can attach it to all kind of

Transportvehicle:

helicopters, trucks, jeeps and ??

also i will add an A.I. spotter, who says you the direction and distance from last impact to target

will be ready next day

Hmm

i used the first version of the artillery which uses the radio commands and had only the problem that i always hear a annoying sound when i use the artillery, everything else works fine.

And now i dl the artillery.final.zip version and the anoying sound is gone but i couldn't move the artillery anymore and i couldn't hang it on the truck anymore. confused.gif

Also the number of flares and he ammo is not shown in the upper left screen, there stands something strange and not how much ammo i got left for that type.

If anyone know why this happens please tell me. smile.gif

Fox