Sign in to follow this  
resistance-rat

[SP] Prey and Predator

Hi all. I finished my newest air mission called "Prey and Predator". It is my first air mission ever. So enjoy it!

Prey and Predator

Made on version: 1.52

Description:

Like pilot of A-10 plane, you must destroy Takistani armor. Typical, prey and predator and you are the predator in this time.

However just a little change and predator becomes the prey.

Version: 1.02

Intro: no

Outro: no

Copy mission to the "Missions" folder.

DOWNLOAD

preypredator.jpg

Edited by resistance-rat

Mission or RAR archive? Try download it once again.

The Rar, its working now thanks.

Can I ask how you got the nice cut out for the scenario image?

Edited by Toasticuss

I cuted the border from the scenario image of original mission. Then in photoshop I join my image with border image and delete overlapping parts.

I cuted the border from the scenario image of original mission. Then in photoshop I join my image with border image and delete overlapping parts.

Alright thanks.....

Is it possible to re-arm and repair on the runway?

You should turn on -showScriptErrors in your game shortcut, you have a few that can be fixed easily.

You have a major glitch where after the tanks are dead the players plane instantly blows up.

Edited by Toasticuss

For some reason this was THE BEST mission I've played in this game.

I role-played a lot after the crash and stayed a whie in the house trying to keep myself alive then I threw a smoke grenade and run out where the first guys came cause there was a car parked there, i got in and punched it away as the bad guys were shooting at the car. Also nice touch when the helo comes and suddenly more bad guys show up and the LZ gets hot. gonna post this on the comment section on armaholic too so more ppl download this. :) nice job again.

More Air missions like this, please! :)

That's what i forgot to say!

:D

Hi, i am also having trouble with this mission. Just like Toasticuss said my plane explodes in the air after i kill the tanks

Hi.

When you are destroying tanks, try to be with your A-10 a little to north. One trigger located on the south from tanks might have some problems. However your plane crash is unstoppable, it is part of the mission, but plane shouldn't explode in the air. If you will still have the problem, create a short gameplay and upload it somewhere. I will have better image why this problem happening.

BTW, Are you using some mods while playing? That might be source of problem too.

very fun mission just hav to play it again n again n again n dig it out once in a while play it again, like the OperationIronFury sp mission, they both going to my SP mission collection.

not much problem, except......... XD well they r not really a problem just me being picky

here r my feed back, ur mission is awesome as it is, don't look at them if u don't like it.

1:

its too short may be??? i will be so cool if u could add more task like those random mission that u receive on radio, ask u if u would accept the extra task if don't then cool if yes then u got sum thing to shoot at. here is 1 of the mission that work that way (FrenchSecOp) though u need hexagon mod to run it, of course there r other, i just can't remember their name.....

so after u complete a number of them then u get shot down, get rescue, story completed.

here is the link to DL the mod n mission

Mission FrenchSecOp

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=4377&game=1

HEXAgon Characters & Weapons Pack

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9682&highlight=HEXAGON

HEXAgon Air and Water Pack

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10248&highlight=HEXAGON

HEXAgon Tracked & Wheeled Pack

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9689&highlight=HEXAGON

2:

i always like make it back to base with out the need of extraction.... ur trigger work the A10 lost all fuel, damaged, i got forced eject. though the force eject part only work under certain hight n speed.... so if i carry enough speed n hight i can make it back to base n i did. (well then i hav to take a apache back to the extraction then get on the LB, run in to the trigger if i like to complete the mission...)

of course ur mission is call Prey and Predator for a reason, it never ment to allow us to make it back to base

though wouldn't it be nice if there r more then 1 way to finish the mission.... remove the force eject tigger, so i could land my a10 with out power, tell u what thats fun too.... like this story..

Edited by j rock

What do I have to do to win this mission?

I shot all enemies and tanks, than I had to return to the base, on the way there my plane was shot down, I ejected. Than I ran to the LZ where I killed all enemies, the helicopter came for me, but it never came down, it just hangs in the air near LZ.

So what's the problem?

To complete the mission,the heli have to land to pick you up.

I would try it again from the last savegame. It should work.