Sign in to follow this  
barret

MARK IV AND THE RIB\'S !!!!!

d*amn, its a game....a GAME!! why do you care which for which country you play? im from the Netherlands....I WANT A GAME IN WHICH I CAN PLAY A DUTCH SOLDIER!!! thats nonsense. i totally agree with Soon2B 2nd LT too. That guy in the beginning was just talking about Seals and all of a sudden it becomes a GB - US fight because a brit thinks it's necessary too mention that the SAS is better (which is true btw)...thats just idiotic. When i start talking about my house, what are you gonna do? say: 'hey! shut up!! my house is better and cooler!!' ??

yes , that's right i can live without real french units , why don't some brits don't do like all the others here ?

you can add yourself the units you want (almost all but only a reskin)

the brits always say that their stuff is the best , but it doesn't matter if it's best , would a challenger add to the gameplay ? no it's an mbt like all the others

same thing for the l85 , same thing for the sas

i want addons only if it add to the gameplay , but i'm not against the idea of a big pack with foreign units , if they're good , it doesn't matter , i had fun with the ebud's sas at the ed-center , but stop crying for stupidities

and i repeat again :

bis won't add units because they're the best , they have their own objectives , and actually they don't have to answer to the caprices of a minority , they are actually working on the developement tools , once they will be released you'll can do what you llike , but stop whining until tthey're released , bis won't listen to you and the posts will become flame posts

Well maybe if BIS released the SA80 and maybe the LSW and GMPG we would shut up becuase there already are british skins biggrin.gif . Also do any of you lot know a site where I can d/l britsh voices to go with the SAS soldiers???

Thanx

alright i apologise for doing this (really i am) but we do get annoyed with all the hollywood films etc always taking the piss out of us and having them always save the day.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now lets get back on topic, yes it would be nice to have those little boats, i agree, they shouldnt require any complicated coding and they are within the opf engine unlike other sugestions.

yes, it does suck always having it be the americans vs the russians. I'm not sure if having to be the russians or the americans who could easily dominate everything would be much fun. Some thing like being a north korean tank commander, where there acctually is some sort of challenge.

I totally agree with Soon2B 2nd LT

The brits always say they are the best and always have to have what they want

If they dont get what they they always have tu argue or continure asking,

*Sigh*

I totaly disagree with coolcarlos(no offence).

We only say that our armed forces are the best along with German Forces.

We never say we are the best.

The reason alot of us ask for things like the SA80 is because if there is a high percentage of the OFP comminty that requests that model then maybe BIS might consider making it.

And if you dont want it dont use it.

I dont want stuff like different coloured tractors, so I dont d/l them.

Keep it civil please chaps so we don't have to delete the thread smile.gif

Just my 2 cents,

People are always trying to compensate for their lackings, by exaggerating, brawling etc., it´s just a defensive shield they build up, only showing their vulnerability.

And no, i don´t agree that the german forces in general are on par with GB, i´m with the "club" since 1996 and we lack many things, most of all experience, because we couldn´t drop and participate in any conflict that presented itself, because of national lawgiving and our role in history, as well as resource issues. I can tell you stories about how i waited over a year for a single spare part for my M-577, that was put out of action for this period of time. Or how we are not able to keep up with the newest communications equipment employed in the field by GB and US troops- we are only able to conduct limited cooperations with our Allies therefore. More than 20 Billion Deutschmarks (ca. 10 billion EURO) are needed to "restorate" the Bundeswehr, so we would be capable to an satisfying grade again (for a short period of time), enabling us to conduct peace keeping operations without any restrictions like that we have now because of old or missing material, and no money to replace it. The new G-36 may look nice and advanced, but it´s deployment into the Bundeswehr was a lenghty and still ongoing process, while some units already had the G36 for more than a year other units had still the G3. Same goes for the "Flecktarn" camouflage field dress, the new Leopard 2 and a shitload of other material and platforms.

For our Special Forces, the DSO (Division Spezielle Operationen) and subsequently the KSK (Kommando Spezialkräfte) is receiving training from SAS, SEALS, GSG9 and others. KSK recruits undergo a modified SAS training course. They of course have a wider array of equipment at their disposal than the "rest" of us, but again, if there are hardly operational planes and helicopters to deploy them full scale among other logistical shortcomings, even they are affected by the general situation we find ourselfs in.

Why i´m writing this? Because this childish "my matchbox car looks better than yours" starts getting really on my nerves, as on most other older forum visitors too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Satchel @ Jan. 06 2002,21:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why i´m writing this? Because this childish "my matchbox car looks better than yours" starts getting really on my nerves, as on most other older forum visitors too.<span id='postcolor'>

I couldn't agree with you more smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">alright i apologise for doing this (really i am) but we do get annoyed with all the hollywood films etc always taking the piss out of us and having them always save the day.<span id='postcolor'>

This does suck.  but,

No one's making fun of you, don't be so damn sensitive.  So movies made in America use mostly american actors.. big whoop.  There are more american actors (at least in the US, where hollywood of course is), the biggest market for movies is America: it's all about the $$.  No one tries to pretend that these movies are reality.  Hell, in the end of U269 (can't remember the number) they even listed who captured the enigma machines.  The first date mentioned was before the US even entered the war, it obviously wasn't them.

Having americans do it was all about money, about having the audience identify with the heroes, it was not some attempt to rewrite history.  I think everyone who cares to know knows that the brits got the enigma.  I think it's pretty obvious that the brits fought and won the battle of britain, even if some crappy movie has a yank there being a hero.  

Hollywood sells entertainment, to america first of all, because hollywood IS american, and america is their biggest market.  Entertainment is not fact.  The existence of money hungry people in tinseltown does not mean that the US is trying to take credit for everything, it means that rich fat cats want more $$.  

I'm just sick of hearing people whine about unrealistic hollywood movies.  No ^&*& they are unrealistic.  I'm also sick of hearing people get pissed at all yanks because of what the idiots in Hollywood do.  Complain to hollywood, not me.

Really, if Hollywood sucks so bad, don't support it.  Watch british movies.