Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

I'm looking to at least see what all is spawned as the "basic" and "anti-air" group strings made by Xeno. For instance, lines 36-117 of x_server\x_initx.sqf are what spawn the friendly AI that defend your base (not TT). For the 2 anti air spots it spawns Basic and Anti-air, but I can't find what is within those 2 groups or where its defined even after a "Find in All Files" search. Anyone have any idea?

Hello, I just started a small dedicated server using this mission, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to raise the amount of lives you get from 30 to Unlimited.

When you're at the character select screen (ready screen), there is a Parameters tab. Click that, and as admin you can change those settings. You're looking for "Max lives (revive):"

;1984062']I'm looking to at least see what all is spawned as the "basic" and "anti-air" group strings made by Xeno. For instance' date=' lines 36-117 of x_server\x_initx.sqf are what spawn the friendly AI that defend your base (not TT). For the 2 anti air spots it spawns Basic and Anti-air, but I can't find what is within those 2 groups or where its defined even after a "Find in All Files" search. Anyone have any idea?[/quote']

I have not looked at this particular one, but most of his spawning, is done with functions, the various scripts just call one of his sevreal spawning functions, I. Belive the one your looking for is in the x_server folder, look for the functions, I think it is named like this:

Gvar(spawninfgrp) /// don't hold me to this, I'm at work and don't have it in front of me.

And the functions usualy just pick random classes from the config for the needed application, ie air,ground,inf etc..

Figured it out, thanks though. It's all done with random soldiers it seems. Kinda a cool idea actually.

;1984298']When you're at the character select screen (ready screen)' date=' there is a Parameters tab. Click that, and as admin you can change those settings. You're looking for "Max lives (revive):"[/quote']

Thanks! How does one replace some of the vehicles with some other ones? Like the UH1s with AH-64Ds or UH-60Ms?

Simply extract the pbo with Eliteness than put the folder into your MPMissions folder and load it up into the editor like any other mission. You can swap UH1s with any other transport helicopter without having to touch the scripting, but swapping transport with attack and vice versa means doing stuff within the script. Still easy, just takes explanation if you can't figure it out.

Read back a few pages or search it. It's been brought up multiple times.

Sorry but I can't seem to locate where I need to be to edit those vehicles. When I loaded the map there's no vehicles for me to mess with. Unless I am suppose to do it VIA scripting.

http://imgur.com/a/m7yIe

Edited by thisguykai

Sorry but I can't seem to locate where I need to be to edit those vehicles. When I loaded the map there's no vehicles for me to mess with. Unless I am suppose to do it VIA scripting.

http://imgur.com/a/m7yIe

You saved the mission as an empty folder, If you look in your missions folder and then in your edited domi folder you will notice its missing all the scripts. Just copy them all back in there, then it will work fine.

If you change the name of a previoulsly saved mission in the editor it will just make a new folder with the new name, it will not copy all the scripts and mission.sqm over.

@thisguykai,

In the root folder, not the scripts, is the mission.sqm there?

Yes Sir

Well in the first picture, you did not have a player in the misison, thats why you had to drop one down before you could preview, and from the looks of it you didnt have any other objects in the mission sqm.

That is one of 3 things:

You looking in the wrong folder.

The misson.sqm is missing.

The mission.sqm is corrupted.

I would recopy the files and make sure you are working out of the right folder.

I added the player so I could spawn, otherwise I couldn't.

Hold on Let me try something.

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

Alright fixed, but I have no sound in the map. No missions either.

Edited by thisguykai

Is there any reason why the BI arty computer wouldn't work in 2.57?

Hello Community,

I just registered to ask whether it's possible to save the progress of a Domination Server.

We are ~6 Players and we would be very happy if we don't have to start all over again.

The server is non-dedicated, because my actual server-pc can't handle arma :)

Best regards,

Ben

Ben,

No you can't save it, but if you run the server in persistent mode, you can leave it and even when it's empty, it won't restart. Also, almost all of the AI are shut down when the server is empty so they won't rape your base.

ok have been pulling my hair out over this one for some time now, I am sure its a simple fix but one I cant seem to find.

I took the latest version of domi 2.6 and added more playable units, i gave each one a variable name and changed the number of players in the x_setup. i also added the unit variable names to the appropriate lists in the i_common.

Problem is, When I load the game it acts as if the init is broken, it doesnt hide the black area markers nor create any of the dynamic ones, nor create the ammo box etc.

I have traced it down to the i_common and the only thing i changed in there is the variable name list for players.

heres the rpt

This one with an unedited i_common:

"############################# Alpha_Tactical_Domination[V1] #############################"

[27681,860.433,0,"Executing Dom init.sqf"]

[27681,860.434,0,"Dom init.sqf processed"]

[27682,860.514,0,"Executing Dom d_init.sqf"]

[27682,860.973,0,"Dom d_init.sqf processed"]

[27827,868.931,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[27827,868.97,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,7,6,160],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[27827,869.217,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,false,true,true,true]"]

this one with the edited i_common:

"############################# Alpha_Tactical_Domination[V1] #############################"

[115557,36454.6,0,"Executing Dom init.sqf"]

[115557,36454.6,0,"Dom init.sqf processed"]

[115566,36455.1,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[115566,36455.2,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,7,6,160],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[115566,36455.2,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,false,true,true,true]"]

and the new lines in the i_common are:

["co_1","co_2","co_3","co_4","co_5","co_6","alpha_1","alpha_2","alpha_3","alpha_4","alpha_5","alpha_6","alpha_7","alpha_8","alpha_9","alpha_10","alpha_11","alpha_12","alpha_13","bravo_1","bravo_2","bravo_3","bravo_4","bravo_5","bravo_6","bravo_7","bravo_8","bravo_9","bravo_10","bravo_11","bravo_12","bravo_13","charlie_1","charlie_2","charlie_3","charlie_4","charlie_5","charlie_6","charlie_7","charlie_8","charlie_9","charlie_10","charlie_11","charlie_12","charlie_13","hwep_1","hwep_2","hwep_3","hwep_4","tanker_1",tanker_2","tanker_3","tanker_5","tanker_6","tanker_7","tanker_8","tanker_9","tanker_10","tanker_11","tanker_12","pilot_1","pilot_2","pilot_3","pilot_4","pilot_5","pilot_6","sf_1","sf_2","sf_3","sf_4"]

This one is missing in your second RPT (the one with the edited i_common.sqf file):

[27682,860.514,0,"Executing Dom d_init.sqf"]

It actually means that you have an error in there, in the i_common.sqf file, it gets included in d_init. A missing { or } for example can cause this, sometimes the preproccessor causes the behaviour too.

Sadly the ArmA script parser doesn't throw any error in that case, the script simply doesn't execute at all.

Even this is possible without getting an error message as feedback:

for "_i" from 0 to 10 do {
   // code
} forEach _somarray;

Check your changes.

Xeno

Where exactly did you put that all in i_common? For what variable(s)? Then as Xeno said, go through your d_init changes as well. Count your opens and closes, check for semi colons, compare to original/different cases of same variable.

#ifndef __TT__
GVAR(player_entities) =  switch (true) do {
case (__OAVer): {
	["co_1","co_2","co_3","co_4","co_5","co_6","alpha_1","alpha_2","alpha_3","alpha_4","alpha_5","alpha_6","alpha_7","alpha_8","alpha_9","alpha_10","alpha_11","alpha_12","alpha_13","bravo_1","bravo_2","bravo_3","bravo_4","bravo_5","bravo_6","bravo_7","bravo_8","bravo_9","bravo_10","bravo_11","bravo_12","bravo_13","charlie_1","charlie_2","charlie_3","charlie_4","charlie_5","charlie_6","charlie_7","charlie_8","charlie_9","charlie_10","charlie_11","charlie_12","charlie_13","hwep_1","hwep_2","hwep_3","hwep_4","tanker_1",tanker_2","tanker_3","tanker_5","tanker_6","tanker_7","tanker_8","tanker_9","tanker_10","tanker_11","tanker_12","pilot_1","pilot_2","pilot_3","pilot_4","pilot_5","pilot_6","sf_1","sf_2","sf_3","sf_4"]
};
case (__ACEVer): {
};
case (__COVer): {
};

"tanker_1",[color="Red"]"[/color]tanker_2","tanker_3",

Missing a quotation mark for all 3 cases on tanker_2. I'd check the rest if I were you.

omg..i looked that over like 4 times for missing quotes how did i miss that :S thanks a ton that was exactly the problem

Ben,

No you can't save it, but if you run the server in persistent mode, you can leave it and even when it's empty, it won't restart. Also, almost all of the AI are shut down when the server is empty so they won't rape your base.

Ah, ok.

Thank you!

ok heres two more problems lol

Some how I broke the blue floating names over players heads, even with show play names enabled they don't show up.

also in the only pilots can fly array in i_client no matter what I put in there it kicks everyone out, i have tried

"pilot_1","pilot_2" etc

and also

"US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1"

only difference is when i use "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1" i get a hint saying only pilots can fly