Sign in to follow this  
monsterzero_jr

First Post!

I'm brainstorming the requirements for a new system that can play games like ARMA2 with all the eye candy on very high settings so it doesn't slow down due to explosions, volumetric smoke, etc.

My current system is listed below. As you can see, it's a pretty antiquated system by now, incapable of playing the newest generation games, mostly because of the antiquated CPU.

My thinking is that if I have a system that handles ARMA2 easily, it will also ace other games I can't play yet, like FSX or Crysis 2.

Throw some numbers at me, including the CPU, how much RAM, what kind of video card.

Pentium 4 3.4 GHz

2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM @ 400MHz

512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Windows XP Home Edition

Sound Blaster Live!

welcome to the forums!,

my system specs are listed below and with that rig i get about 25 fps....its my graphics card thats the weakest link so if you want to have a good ArmAII experience this rig with a better graphics card should treat you right but for sure your computer would probably get around...ohh i don't know 5 fps? hah you need better specs for this game

Hi matey and welcome to the forums :)

ArmA wise its pritty PSU intensive, my specs are below as well, i'm running max without AA @ 25fps, so all good, FSX and crysis run even better so, hope this helps as a benchmark, kind regards Jeza

ArmA wise its pritty PSU intensive,

FPDR -lol sry had to use that !

He means 'CPU' intensive! :D

Enit!

you mr.claw always busting my balls!

:)

Welcome to the forums.

I dont mean to act like a moderator here but

your post should be in the Arma 2 section if your discussing Arma 2.

and your title really has no specific subject to what your discussing.