Sign in to follow this  
jantsik

You were kicked off the server , session lost.

You shouldn't have to forward ports unless your firewall disallows outgoing traffic and your forwarding outgoing ports or your firewall rejects establised/related traffic, most don't by default. That being said I have it open for mission server testing purposes and I'm getting these errors now, didn't get many the last time I played and can get on some servers, though few and far appart, I know it's not Battleye as I have connected to both, I see nothing meaningful in the RPT file and the errors are mostly session lost, one you where kicked. I'm running the steam version of OA and the retail version of A2, which never seemed to want to date each other from the start, I can't help but suspect that to be the problem, I have been able to connect to servers with and without Battleye running and OA and CO servers as well, though the majority that fail are CO, could those servers be running some check that might cause the retail/steam mix to fail that the other CO servers are not running?

I'm at my wits end and have no clue, but it stinks.

That's a good point. I'm using a retail version of A2 with the steam version of OA as well.

I see they are on top of things!

Edited by callihn

Try this:

Go into Steam and select "Games", then "View Games Library", right click on "ARMA2: Operation Arrowhead", choose "Properties" then goto the "LOCAL FILES" tab and click on "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE..."

Wait until it's finished.

Hi, i've the ArmA2 only and i'm also kicked/session lost, after every 15 to 20mins; the only custom file that i've for MP is my custom face (94Kb). I've try in servers that don't allow mods, in servers that allow any mod, i've try with the vanilla game with and without the custom face and same thing on 'em all, i get kicked or session lost after that... 15 or 20mins, being the admin and be 'lone on the server or not being the admin and having other four or five players on the server. Let's C ya

I'm having this same problem too.

I'm using the Steam version of OA/CO, and i only get the kicked off server or session lost errors when I'm running the game as CO, and attempting to join CO servers/games. When running only OA, and attempting to join OA games, there's no issue.

I've replaced the mission_e pbo, applied the beta patch, but to no avail. I've also scanned my addons folder to ensure there were no extra addon pbo's in there, but as far as i can tell it's all good (though i wouldn't mind seeing a list of the files you're supposed to have in there to make sure i didnt miss any of the addons i lazily put there in the past).

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

.....furthermore, as i said, it's only CO games i cannot join (even if i'm running the game as CO). And it's also notable that certain servers consistently give me the "kicked off game", where the others consistently give me "session lost" if that's any help.

Oh my GOD! same thing is happening to me as well! this is REALLY frustrating, i've tried everything! disabled all mods, checked firewall, checked profiles/registry for duplicate ids, re-patched, and patched again everything! :confused:i have no idea whats going on!

:mad:

If any did previously have this problem and has sovled it, would you please care to give us a tutorial on how? :bounce3:

I bought CO from GamersGate, and my ArmA 2 wouldn't work no matter what I did. It installed fine, but I got a few errors when patching to 1.07, and the game crashed on start-up.

I finally decided to download the game again from GamersGate, and suddenly everything works fine. If you get any errors when patching, do NOT just ignore the errors - something is wrong with your install.

I'm surprised GG apparently doesn't have any kind of CRC on the download...

Guys, i was also having some error messages about .pbo files while patching, ill give re-installing a try, and reply back on my status.

This thread isn't about error messages regarding .pbo files. It's about session lost errors for people using steam versions of OA with retail versions of ArmA2. Does your fix address the error that this thread is about, or the pbo file/patch problem?

@Chris2525 the original author said sometime ago he fixed it

Hi ppl, i finally found out what was causing the problems... FINALLY ! ! !

I lost these errors by forwarding my ports. Just as simple as that!

I am using the steam version of the game.

Hope this helps a lot of ppl having this problem ! Have a nice MP game :D

also using STEAM OA with properly patched and uncorrupt retail ARMA 2 build 1.08 is no difference to both STEAM :)