Sign in to follow this  
MirindoR

arma freezing

i finished installing arma via steam today, and i've had freeze problems:

the screen goes white with pink stripes, the pc stops responding and i have to restart.

this has ONLY happened while in the editor, regardless of what map i was using; i haven't played the game much yet so i don't know whether its the editor, the units or what.

PC is brand new and has 2x eah 5770 in crossfire 6gb ram win764bit.

any help would be appreciated.

curiously enough when i play the game i don't have problems, but when i edit the mission i just previewed it seems to freeze within seconds, while still in the 2d editor.

thanks in advance, please help ive had to restart my 2 days old pc a dozen times already cuz of this =(

Edited by MirindoR

-bump-

still happening help please.

the freeze happens when i make a mission, preview it, then suspend it and go back to the editor

Edited by MirindoR

no i haven't, though i tried to make a new soldier and put everything on minimum, and i edit maps with that. only just tried and it seems to be working fine, and when i wanna play it and not just preview it i siwtch back to my main soldier. It seems really weird that i can run the game smoothly on max settings, but if i preview on medium settings and go back to the editor its blank screen + reset :/

Weird why it only happens in the editor.

Have you updated your video drivers? Sometimes brand new systems still use older drivers for their hardware. Also ATI has just released the new catalyst drivers so you might give those a try.

the minimum grafics user doesn't work it still crashes after i preview, maybe i'll try the drivers