Sign in to follow this  
ACPL Jon

Missing Infantry Classes

Vote for missing classes at dev-heaven: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/7748

MIA Classes:

- Spetznatz medic

- Force Recon AT Operator

- Russian Army Engineer

There's also no corpsman for MVD, but I guess we can get over it the other way (MVD is more like counter-terrorist forces so I guess "medic" would look stupid in the unit list), like setting up a medical vehicle; But SF operating behind enemy lines, with no backup should have it's own medic.

Please BIS, fix it, and

HAPPY NEW YEAR and thanks for OFP2! (as I call A2)

PS: Other players, please tell me if I forgot anything

Edited by JonPL

RTO units, Radio and Telephone Operators, Ratelo. For all factions. With a proper rucked radio with visible antenna. If rucks are simulated in OA, the radio rucks should have less capacity for normal stuff.

They aren't THAT important (like Spetznatz medic for example), and SLX Mod already got radios, Carl.

RTOs are considered high priority targets for a reason. Kill the RTO and I've silenced the enemy ability to call for aid of various sources that can truly hurt my ass :D I'm using ACE already which have a radio ruck, but I'm talking about vanilla. Either as a unit class or a proxy ruck class. If no ruck comes, at least I think it is important to have a visual RTO unit.

Fine, but You need new model\scripting for that. The other mentioned are just few lines to the config.

Should be ticketed over at DevHeaven for more serious approach. Thats the place BIS more easily can read up on our suggestions and bug findings.

Register and add it as a suggestion.

Also an USMC field officer - Just a nornal Rifelman called "officer" in the displayname line in the config

@JonPL: Oh, okay, no models. I was thinking more for OA than for patch. But for patch:

Ammobearer, can also be assistant gunner since the two roles can usually be combined due to lack of "stuff to do" for one of them. I've had assistant gunners/ammo bearers with me as M240 gunner in missions, and they are truly amazing. As AI, they would probably just be a regular rifleman but with binoculars (for target guiding) and nvgs (for saw dim tracer). He could have M240 ammo as default, but I could use them for M249 (buddy team member with extra M249 ammo), or carry additional ammo for i.e. SMAW, Javelin, or Stinger, to form a team. AI wouldn't work well though, unless scripted.

How about groups? - I think the CDF and Russia needs a SU-25 Squadron in order to Counter (each other and/or) groundforces and USMC fixed-wing Squadron.

//Edit

And a A10 Squadron for the USMC as well... ;)

Edited by Major Woody

Not really needed, You can just set A-10 and link them in a group. I can't make a Spetznatz operator a medic...

Cmon ppl, vote!

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/7748

Ammobrearers are a good idea, but they should be listed as another feature

Edited by JonPL