Sign in to follow this  
voodoochile123

Stuck on a campaign mission

[contains mild spoilers!]

I forgot the name of the mission, I think it's called Razor Two or something like that.

There are two prisoners who have escaped and the mission starts by sending you talk to a couple of army guys at a nearby camp. They mark 3 locations on the map of where they think the escaped prisoner may flee to. So I go to visit all 3 locations and there is no sight of anyone. One camp has friendly troops, the second camp is empty, and the third camp has some bad guys who I kill and then the character (Cooper) gives the all clear.

So I have a save game at this point.

The first time I played I wandered around aimlessly for about 20 minutes after this point, and then finally a message comes in of the guy being spotted heading north in a red car. Heading from Sharova or something, to Grov something. So I call a chopper and head north but I am too late and the mission ends.

The second time I play, I come across some villagers who have been pinned down. I help them out and we kill several bad guys who were attacking. I then get the same message that the bad guy is spotted in a red car heading north between these two same towns.

This time I was prepared! I had called in the chopper already and I had it waiting in a nearby field. I jumped in the chopper with my squad, and a minute later were at the northern town where the car was heading. I set up my squad and was prepared to attack the car as it came in to town, but it never showed... I waited probably an hour and it still didn't show. I then called in the chopper again and I started scouting in a pattern, sweeping left and right over the entire area. There was no sign of the bad guy or his car.

After literally 2 hours of real time, the car still hadn't shown up and it didn't even give the mission failed message.

So anyway, I would like to get past this mission, so I am hoping someone may be able to give me some hints?

Thanks in advance :)

p.s. Besides the performance and bug issues, this game is unbelievably amazing.

Edited by voodoochile123

Argh my god this game makes itself so hard to love...

I'm so annoyed. I replayed this mission yet again from the start. This time I searched all 3 locations, then I found the bunch of civilians who had been pinned down. I helped them. This time though, I went back to see them after I killed all the bad guys. The guy gives me directions to where he thinks the bad guys will be. He said to go to the power plant way down south. Just as I am getting the chopper to fly down there, I get the same old message about the guys being spotted heading north. I figure that this might be bugged, so I continue to the power plant. I then talk to the guy at the power plant and he suggests a little village on the coast to the north east. As I am flying there, the message comes in that the bad guys have crossed the border! The mission ends, and I lose my save game!!! :(

So I am now on the next mission but I tried to see if I could load my previous save game to continue from when I was getting in the chopper... BIG MISTAKE. It reverted back to that mission and lost the new mission. So I now can't continue with the next mission, and I can't even continue my other mission without having to do it all over again from scratch, for the FOURTH time.

I need to find the motivation to do that now but as much as I love this game, this kind of thing infuriates me and completely drains my enjoyment.

Well son, let me tell you all about it...

I went out to buy a game once. It was called Operation Flashpoint. Some fellow told me it was good and I was in between games at the time... So I bought it. I played Operation Flashpoint for years. I played so much I had dreams about Nogova. Soviets screaming "Vodka" haunted my nightmares. And then I played Armed Assault. My Sahrani years! An era of darkness and evil. A week ago I just finished playing Arma 2 and I have come so far as to know the truth.

Arma is not a "game". It's a TRIAL son! It's your own personal final judgment! Can you take it? Can you deal with being unable to reload without walking? Can you dare to live in a world where a 2ft fence is harder to climb than the highest mountain? How about jumping tanks, squadmates with a deathwish, universe destroying graphical glitches, clipping in buildings, dying because you pressed reload by mistake while operating a belt fed machine gun in the middle of a firefight, buying a new graphics card with every version of the game, losing your save game and reverting to the wrong mission, using add ons that make your textures disappear but you don't know which ones because you have thousands of the damn things lying around, activating FADE by mistake, dealing with missions that never end and end mission triggers that defy your will?

Oh no, this is anything but a "game", boy. It's a relationship. With a harsh unforgiving mistress. A high maintenance, sadistic, self centered bitch that thinks she can do everything.

But you gotta love her... Cause she can give you what you want man. She will give it you hard and you're gonna come back for more! Don't kid yourself. You are here because you are one of us!

Now go back there and play the shit out of this game, y'hear? Try again and again. She'll cave in...

Lol! :)

I am totally going to go back and play this game in a moment :) I will succeed! To be honest it's one of the best games I've ever played. I adore it. It's truly epic... I really look forward to some patches though to tweak these minor irritations. I actually have very few complaints about it. It's really not that tough, so far anyway. But it's funny because the game is SO good, these few issues really stick out like a sore thumb. If they were to fix them, I'd feel like standing on a rooftop proclaiming my love for Arma2 to the world. At the moment though, it's a bit like being in love with a beautiful and intelligent girl, but who has really bad breath and she keeps punching me in the face.

How do you even get the chopper to move on that map? I mark an LZ on the map and it doesnt move. Just sits on the helipad with its engine on.

Hmm, that's strange. For me I jump in and I right click to close the navigation menu. Because first of all, (after the pilot finishes talking), I have to press space and order all my squad in to the chopper.

Then I flip to external view to watch and make sure all my squad get on board safely.

Then when everyone is on, I open the map and I find the exact location I want to go to and I zoom in all the way so I can see where to land. I look for grey areas because the flat green areas are actually trees. Then I press space, scroll down to communication, and support, and then click where I want to go. And off we fly! :)

If that doesn't work, come back and hopefully someone can help. It may just be some kind of bug and maybe when you close and reload your game it will work properly.

Edited by voodoochile123

Well son, let me tell you all about it...

I went out to buy a game once. It was called Operation Flashpoint. Some fellow told me it was good and I was in between games at the time... So I bought it. I played Operation Flashpoint for years. I played so much I had dreams about Nogova. Soviets screaming "Vodka" haunted my nightmares. And then I played Armed Assault. My Sahrani years! An era of darkness and evil. A week ago I just finished playing Arma 2 and I have come so far as to know the truth.

Arma is not a "game". It's a TRIAL son! It's your own personal final judgment! Can you take it? Can you deal with being unable to reload without walking? Can you dare to live in a world where a 2ft fence is harder to climb than the highest mountain? How about jumping tanks, squadmates with a deathwish, universe destroying graphical glitches, clipping in buildings, dying because you pressed reload by mistake while operating a belt fed machine gun in the middle of a firefight, buying a new graphics card with every version of the game, losing your save game and reverting to the wrong mission, using add ons that make your textures disappear but you don't know which ones because you have thousands of the damn things lying around, activating FADE by mistake, dealing with missions that never end and end mission triggers that defy your will?

Oh no, this is anything but a "game", boy. It's a relationship. With a harsh unforgiving mistress. A high maintenance, sadistic, self centered bitch that thinks she can do everything.

But you gotta love her... Cause she can give you what you want man. She will give it you hard and you're gonna come back for more! Don't kid yourself. You are here because you are one of us!

Now go back there and play the shit out of this game, y'hear? Try again and again. She'll cave in...

Quoted for tru.. LIFE man! Thats it right there. :D

:cc: << Me playing ARMA. She destroys me but i cant stop. MORE i need MORE!

Alex

lol i remmeber i beat this by accident lol i stole a car and was driving around nowhere and this guy runs into me...he died and i beat the mission i was like O.O

Lucky me, i flew right to the northern camp and there they where.. popped up behind them shouted "supplies" and naded the shit out of the camp and that was it, he came running out of the concrete wall in the woods and stopped.. there we where. 4 marines and a "out of the wall spawning war criminal" looking at each other, so i ran after him and changed my magasine.. no i dint... i ran after him then i stopped.. and changed my magazine then i shot him in the head.

But theres more than one way.. this will reveal the other way to do it (or atleast this is the two ways i found to do the mission)

A tip: If you get intelligence about the war-crimminal's whereabouts, dont listen to the lie-guy trying to hold you at the gate while the criminals escape out the back of the powerplant, you dont need hes approval to search the place.. your a bad ass marine that saw your best friend get murderd by the bastards. If all else fails and hope is lost.........you can endmission and continue to the next

Hey, please come back when you get to Manhattan Vooodoochile. >If you like Razor Two, Your gonna love that mission :)

Edited by cri74
tried to hide my spoiler

One time I found him in the northern camp, had to chase him for about 1km.

Tried the mission again for a bit of fun and spotted a truck leaving the castle area near the farm. I thought "hmm, maybe a civilian, oh well, bad day for the civilian then". I chased the truck halfway across the map, each time trying to land the transport chopper in the right place to intercept. Eventually he hit a tree and couldn't get passed it, so I shot out his tires, he then got out of the truck and low and behold it was the evil little runt.

Lucky me, i flew right to the northern camp and there they where.. popped up behind them shouted "supplies" and naded the shit out of the camp and that was it, he came running out of the concrete wall in the woods and stopped.. there we where. 4 marines and a "out of the wall spawning war criminal" looking at each other, so i ran after him and changed my magasine.. no i dint... i ran after him then i stopped.. and changed my magazine then i shot him in the head.

But theres more than one way.. this will reveal the other way to do it (or atleast this is the two ways i found to do the mission)

A tip: If you get intelligence about the war-crimminal's whereabouts, dont listen to the lie-guy trying to hold you at the gate while the criminals escape out the back of the powerplant, you dont need hes approval to search the place.. your a bad ass marine that saw your best friend get murderd by the bastards. If all else fails and hope is lost.........you can endmission and continue to the next

Hey, please come back when you get to Manhattan Vooodoochile. >If you like Razor Two, Your gonna love that mission :)

Thanks!

I adore this mission, it's amazing. I still haven't managed to finish it though. I've had the option to move on, but I am determined to kill the guy :) I explored the power plant but didn't find anyone. I also got the report again of the car moving north, but I scour all the roads and I can't find anyone. Sometimes when I do this, the mission doesn't end.

I wonder if the guy's car gets stuck inside a building or something and he can't reach his destination and I can't find him. It's very strange. I've spent literally 3 hours of real time driving around all the roads and flying over all the roads scouting for him, but I can never find him.

I'll try yet again later, and I'll go back from an earlier savegame and hopefully I will find him.

One time I found him in the northern camp, had to chase him for about 1km.

Tried the mission again for a bit of fun and spotted a truck leaving the castle area near the farm. I thought "hmm, maybe a civilian, oh well, bad day for the civilian then". I chased the truck halfway across the map, each time trying to land the transport chopper in the right place to intercept. Eventually he hit a tree and couldn't get passed it, so I shot out his tires, he then got out of the truck and low and behold it was the evil little runt.

Wow! Maybe that's what happened to it in my game. He is probably stuck in the forest somewhere :) Anyway I will try again soon.

Thanks everyone for all the tips by the way. I'll get him in the end :)

I finally did it, kind of :)

I started from an old save and again, travelled around the countryside aimlessly for ages. I searched every inch of the power plant and drove around all the roads and villages. Then in one village, a little white car drove at me really fast and nearly hit me! It's lucky I had sprint ready. I shot his tyres out, but then he reversed and I panicked that he was going to run us over so I shot him in the head. Turns out it was the guy's second in command and killing him was enough to end the mission. I was tempted to play through it yet again to try to find the main guy, but 7 times is a little obsessive :) So I decided to just move on the the next mission.

And yes..... this next mission is AMAZING! It's like actually being a high ranking soldier (I'm assuming). I have this huge area to explore and fight in. I love how the missions aren't all just go and kill someone. There are twists and turns all over the place and I love how you have to find evidence on some missions. I have done a few objectives already and I just love it. It's much more fun in this mission because there are more tasks now so I am more focussed on doing stuff, rather than just aimlessly exploring the whole area hoping to bump in to the guy. This is so fun. I could play this game forever :)

Edited by voodoochile123

Haha Voodoo.

At the moment though, it's a bit like being in love with a beautiful and intelligent girl, but who has really bad breath and she keeps punching me in the face.
I couldn't have put it better myself. I'm on that same mission that you were stuck on and having some problems, but not like you were. I never even heard anything about a red car driving north. But when I was going to check out that town on the water (southeastern area of the country), my chopper landed on a building and fell off and exploded. Now I have to go all the way back to defending that cow barn with the civilians. Annyoing, but still a kick ass "game"