Sign in to follow this  
Eclipse4349

Pick weapon loadout at mission start screen

Is there any way to make it so that players can choose their own weapon loadouts before spawning in, say, a DM game? The only thing I know I can do at the moment is to place weapon crates in various locations.

I refer you to http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#Weapons_and_Magazines

However the actual list of class names is a bit lackluster at the moment.

The best suggestion I can give is to get Kegety's tools for ArmA, un-PBO the .pbo files (i.e. extract them), unbinarize the config.bin file, and then use Notepad++ (free program that's generally handy for all kinds of coding with syntax highlights, tabs for multiple documents open simultanously, and it formats the text a million times better than normal Notepad) to open the CfgWhatever.hpp files to get the class name for magazines and weapons.

However it seems to be a distinct lack of class names for Russian weapons (AKs and Bizons and stuff) which I'm not sure where in the files they are. o0

Awesome guys, thanks!

So, if I edited the mission.sqm file and added every weapon and magazine type into it in this format:

class Weapons

{

class AK74 {count = 8;};

class RPG7V {count = 2;};

class Binocular {count = 2;};

class whatever weapon {count = 10;};

};

class Magazines

{

class 30Rnd_545x39_AK {count = 32;};

class PG7V {count = 6;};

class HandGrenade {count = 16;};

class whatever other thingy {count = 25;};

};

then in the "gear" menu of the mission screen, players would be able to choose between whatever I had added in, no matter what player slot they occupied? If so, my G15 is going to get a workout. Programmable keys are great for repeating syntax, haha

Almost correct. The weapon entries must be done in the Description.ext file (make it if it doesn't exist) instead of the mission.sqm one. The latter file only holds data for what's actually on the map. Not additional parameters for the briefing :)

I do think that the class name for the AK-74 is AK_74 though, although not 100% sure.

I'm not really aware how (or if) one can limit the gear available per side though (so OPFOR only get Russian weapons and BLUFOR get NATO ones).