Sign in to follow this  
Caylob

Banned!??!

Err... i got a issue... When people is joining my "Host" Aka Server lawl..:confused::confused:

They get banned for no reasons...:eek::eek:

Please help!? :butbut:

Err... i got a issue... When people is joining my "Host" Aka Server lawl..:confused::confused:

They get banned for no reasons...:eek::eek:

Please help!? :butbut:

is this while a mission is running, or when the server is at the wait for host screen?

9 times out of 10 it could be because the other users do not have the addons

is this while a mission is running, or when the server is at the wait for host screen?

9 times out of 10 it could be because the other users do not have the addons

They can't connect at all... When i start a server, (Lobby) It says they are connecting they seconds after it says (Disconnected) And a friend told me that they got a Message that said "You Were Banned":eek:

is this a server that you host on your basic connection, or a remote server?

I really don't know.. I press "NEW" btw.. People have played on my server before.. Like yesterday... It was full consently... well.. after i while i pressed "Ban" On a player that was a jerk? maybe its the reason??

Are these friends of yours who you've given the same ArmA II copy to? That would most likely be the reason then.

I saw something like this the other night on another server. People were using the English patch so when signature check was turned on, they were instantly banned as the files that the English patch modifies are key ArmA II files.

This happend on ArmA 1 too.. When i pressed Ban on another guy, people get banned when they connect.. i had to Reinstall the game though... and all my missions were gone :eek:

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Errrm.. Dude? I havnet received my copy yet... and im playing demo with Friends...

TErrrm.. Dude? I havnet received my copy yet... and im playing demo with Friends...

In the demo all players have the same ID (999). So if you ban one player, everyone is banned...

sounds about right, trying turning off signature check. That might hope, and wish you all the best of luck

sounds about right, trying turning off signature check. That might hope, and wish you all the best of luck

May you please tell me where i check the signature?

Caylob, search your Arma2 demo folder for a file called ban.txt and delete it.

There is none! Looked in every folder, and there is 3 folders named *DirectX* **AddOns** *** Dta***

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

IT WORKED.... THANK YOU SO MUCH DUDE... I love you!!!

In the demo all players have the same ID (999). So if you ban one player, everyone is banned...

LMFAO !!! and he bans the entire demo community....

epic fail, you would think that capability would not be present in the demo if it has this potential. :j:

C'mon guys, he probably had no idea, how banning in Arma world works...

But humoristic indeed!