Sign in to follow this  
TJ Dubs

Black Screen(Recieving) Bug

I seem to have a bug in multyplayer, every game I have joined and managed to play for a while but then I get a black screen with the word "recieving" across the middle and it stays like that until I stop Arma2 running.

Is there anything I can do as a possible fix for this?

Any help, much appreciated.

I have the same trying to host anything from the demo. Even esc doesn't work, you have to alt+F4 to quit the game. This doesn't sound too good...

I had the same problem but it disappeared either when i installed newest nvidia drivers or with 1.02 patch, cause i did both at the same time. Lucky me i guess.

I had the same problem but it disappeared either when i installed newest nvidia drivers or with 1.02 patch, cause i did both at the same time. Lucky me i guess.

that fixed my bug as well,

It didn't fix the problem for me.

Hyrax, eenter do you have Vista ?

Its not a solution, but maybe helps a bit: try to use "map" (Default:M), and switch back. Working for me ~90% :)

Yeah, if only that map would open that would be cool :P Dowloading new drivers, I'll check out will it help, anyways I read that it should be fixed in 1.02 while I still have this problem on this version.

Looks like it's all about drivers, I updated them and spend couple of hours on multi without any problems.

@EDIT: Sorry for double post.

I don't know the solution to the black screen Recieving error..

but I know at least ONE of the causes. The custom tags..associated with Squad..xml.. Squad fault or something else in arma2? we do not know.

We tested this many times.. it is the fault..

One club member will get this bug eveytime a TAG is displayed on any vehicle in front of him.. goes to recieving black screen till the person exits the vehicle..

any solutions would be helpful..

obviously you cannot say just take off the tags..as these run on all servers with all different type tags. is there a way "HE" can turn off viewing of the tags? to avoid this glitch?