Sign in to follow this  
An-225

The Advantages to Having Opening Cargo Doors

As has been stated before, the V-22 and the C-130 lack opening cargo doors. I find this quite odd, since the C-130 seems to come from VBS 2, therefore the cargo door should open, and the Mi-24, an attack helicopter, not a cargo carrier, can open its doors.

This is not to state that walking inside moving vehicles must be fixed right away. However, having doors that actually open and meshes that allow moving inside large vehicles would still be a great addition.

If opening doors were implemented, then the infantry would spawn inside the cargo bay upon selecting "Get Out" and therefore they would have to exit the aircraft in a realistic fashion, rather than instantly spawning outside, ready for combat.

Hopefully this is still an option for ArmA 2, there are still several weeks left until the 505 Games release, and the ramp opening animation should still be there on the C-130 at least? It just seems quite odd that an Mi-24, out of all vehicles, gets opening doors and a dedicated cargo plane, like the C-130 (which already had an opening cargo door) does not.

Yeah that would be cool.

Imagine being inside of an airplane while it flys... and still being able to move around normally.

Yeah, should have been a native game feature though imo.

Hopefully we'll see this implement in a patch someday, that would complete the game!

As far as I can see, the C-130 has a complete cargo bay ready to go. There is still a substantial amount of the time before the game is released in the rest of the world.

Even if you can't load cargo or walk while it is moving, an opening ramp and a mesh that allows you to access the cargo bay would be brilliant, provided you spawn inside the cargo bay when getting out.

I think its still quite possible, again, the cargo bay is there on the Herky bird, the animation must still be there. I don't know about the V-22.

As far as I can see, the C-130 has a complete cargo bay ready to go. There is still a substantial amount of the time before the game is released in the rest of the world.

Meaning the game isn't really finished yet, like it was with ArmA...

They did some work though but still not enough. The game is in the same condition when ArmA was released in germany. I'd be ashamed of myself selling a beta game and telling it went "gold".

In the end the community will have to fix these problems with addons. Problem: there are no standardized addons.

from the c130j config

class AnimationSources {

class door_2_2 {

source = "user";

animPeriod = 2.500000;

};

class door_2_1 : door_2_2 {

};

class door_1 : door_2_2 {

};

class ramp_top : door_2_2 {

};

class ramp_bottom : door_2_2 {

};

};

So it does seem like the animations are still there, but the .cfg hasn't been set up properly to allow the opening ramp? Hopefully this can get added back in with a patch so that it can be mission-making standard and we don't have to rely on add-ons to use the ramp.

Germany gets a late beta. But if you really think about it, a month isn't a lot of time but still hopeful.

I was shocked when I couldn't find "open rear door" on the c-130 I was saying to myself... there must be a bug here it doesn't make sense. :rolleyes: