Sign in to follow this  
Gunter Severloh

HELP, I dont undertand what to do for this ART script

Hello guys,

need help with something small, heres what im doing:

I have mr murry's deluxe editor edition, and in this pdf he lays out the entire editor and all u can do, well anyways he shows you how to make working artillery with real guns on the map and useing the map click feature.

Well i have everything setup the scripts copied and made to their sqs and so on, but when im in the game and hit the radio button to call art, i get this message:

Sound firedirection not found

so according to the instructions it says this:

Ari.sqs

A radio soundwill be played after this script is activated through themapclick script. This

sound has a length of 10 seconds and needs to be defined in the Description.ext first. The

script fire.sqs will get executed after a delay of 10 seconds (~10) by the respective guns

and the ATarget. This example shows only one round.

further down the page it says something similier again:

With the order _H say "Ari", a sound of an incoming shell will be played. This sound has

to be defined in the Description.ext of course. But this sound will be audible only in a

close area near to the impact point.

so what im asking here is I dont have any clue of how to do what hes saying here " needs to be defined in the Description.ext first. "

ok, np I know how to do a description file but what has me lost is HOW DO I DEFINE THE SOUND IN THE Description.ext ?

heres the code that this sound file is in.

playsound "Firedirection";
~10
;FIRE
{[_x, ATarget] exec "Artillery\Fire.sqs"} foreach [W1,W2,W3,W4,W5,W6]
exit;

thank you in advance for any help

Gunter

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Have a look here, to get more informations about the Description.ext

A sound can be definied in the Description.ext to make it avalible to use in scripts, triggers and some other things.

Make 2 avalible sounds by putting this in your Description.ext:

class CfgSounds
{
    sounds[] = {};

class [color="Blue"]Sound01[/color]
    {
         name = "Sound01";
         sound[] = {"\Sounds\Sound01.ogg", 1, 1};
         titles[] = {};
    };

class [color="Blue"]Sound02[/color]
    {
         name = "Sound02";
         sound[] = {"\Sounds\Sound02.ogg", 1, 1};
         titles[] = {};
    };
};

Now you have created the 2 sound classes "Sound01" and "Sound02".

In this example the sounds have to be in your mission directory in the folder "Sounds":

MyMissionDirectory\Sounds\

Sound01.ogg

Sound02.ogg

Now you can play the sounds with:

playSound "Sound01";

and/or

playSound "Sound02";

You simply get this error message, becouse the sound "Firedirection" is not definied somewhere.

You can disable and/or remove it, to make it work properly.

;playsound "Firedirection";
~10
;FIRE
exit;

~10
;FIRE
exit;

i dont know what im doing wrong but no matter what i do i cant get it to work, dam art does the same stupid thing.

I wish they would explain stuff int eh tutorials so that reg players can understand what to do cuz ill u get is a script an u wonderign what the hell do i do with this, and where do these things go. thats what i always hated about arma and OFP, its so technical that it ceases to be simple.

i dont know everything works but that sound thing, but something must be screwed up cuz i cant believe 6 guns wont shoot with no sound, and the sound is just an impact sound, not liek im goign to hear the stupid thing.

I been workin on this all day and im ready to rip my hair out im not sure if i got stuff in the right folders or not, i mean i aint no noob to this but ud be suprised at what u dont know.

all im trying to do is have a on map artillery, but with actuall guns on the map that actually shoot at target u pick, im not askin for anything else. Is there any art scripts or soemthing that does that where u dont have to read a book of scripts and all this scripting jargon to understand what to do?

I know your frustration, believe me. Everything always seems so simple, yet you run into all kinds of problems you couldn't even begin to comprehend. As far as I can see, you want two sounds defined in your description.ext: A 'call for fire' sound, and the 'incoming round' sound.

Giving the example that SNKMAN provided, change his description.ext example as follows:

class CfgSounds
{
    sounds[] = {};

class [color="Red"]Firedirection[/color]
    {
         name = "[color="#ff0000"]Firedirection[/color]";
         sound[] = {"\Sounds\[color="#ff0000"]Sound01.ogg[/color]", 1, 1};
         titles[] = {};
    };

class [color="#ff0000"]Ari[/color]
    {
         name = "[color="#ff0000"]Ari[/color]";
         sound[] = {"\Sounds\[color="#ff0000"]Sound02.ogg[/color]", 1, 1};
         titles[] = {};
    };
};

I don't know what the soundfiles are named, so you have to figure out what to use for Sound01.ogg and Sound02.ogg for yourself.

No guarantees, this is often a process of trial and error. Remember that you have to save or load your mission for description.ext to be updated.

If/when you get these scripts to work, your next task should be to convert them into proper .sqf format instead of older .sqs format.

Hi all, been using the Murray's script 2 for Arty in my missions and love it with the animated gun.

i use the mission template off the script cause its been around a bit,and then i can look at the script and change what i need, handy when you not so good in scripting like i was.

For the template mission you can find it at armaholic->download->templates:

there you will find Mr.Murray's arty template for SP and 1 for MP.

i have a little problem with the script and that is when playing in MP it seems the guns runs out off ammo or it just decides to stop after about 10 salvo,tried it on MP with some Clanmembers and after a few salvo's the guns stop and clicking on map or trying with other ammo wont work annymore!

So Gunther i hope to be some help and good luck with the scripting,cya later

Hey,

thanks carl for your help, i will implement it and see what happens.

Sgt.Spoetnik

Hey thanks for reminding me about that I seent he template section before, Im going to check that out, im like the only one in my unit that knows how to edit in the game lol

hey anyone know how to change the splash pages, or the load up screens in the game?

Something to do with the pbo in the addons folder?

Id like to have some actuall WW2 German pics for something to look at.

Uhm, I just checked out http://www.djkane.de/armafiles/artillerie-example_mr-murray_1.2.rar and see that the description.ext is already included in the mission/example. Did I miss something here? :)

No, sorry, have no idea about the splash screens, as I have no purpose to change them.

Edit:

I have mr murry's deluxe editor edition

Oh, sorry, now I understand. I thought you downloaded his finished script. Missed this line the first time. Sorry about that.

hey anyone know how to change the splash pages, or the load up screens in the game?

Well doing this is a bit more complicated.

You have to create a new AddOn:

Create a folder called "@Splash"

In this folder create a folder called "AddOns"

in the "AddOns" folder create a file called "Config.cpp"

In the "AddOn" folder create a folder called "Splash_Screen"

Then you have to put the Splash Screen image ( Splash_Screen_Image.paa ) into the "Splash_Screen" folder in format .paa.

Content of Config.cpp:

RscText {};

class RscPicture
{
access = ReadAndWrite;
type = VSoft;
idc = -1;
style = 48;
colorBackground[] = {0, 0, 0, 0};
colorText[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};
font = "TahomaB";
sizeEx = 0;
lineSpacing = 0;
text = "";
};

class RscStandardDisplay
{
access = ReadAndWrite;
movingEnable = 0;
enableSimulation = 0;
enableDisplay = 0;

class controlsBackground
{
	class Background1 : RscText
	{
		x = 0;
		y = 0;
		w = 1;
		h = 1;
		colorBackground[] = {0.3, 0.3, 0.3, 1};
	};
};
};

class RscDisplayMain : RscStandardDisplay
{
idd = 0;

class controls
{
	class Version : RscText
	{
		idc = 118;
		style = 2;
		x = 0.2;
		y = 0.1;
		w = 0.2;
		sizeEx = 0.027;
	};

class Background : RscPicture
	{
		x = 0;
  			y = 0;
  			w = 1;
  			h = 1;
		text = "\[color="Red"][color="Blue"]Splash_Screen[/color]\Splash_Screen_Image.paa[/color]";
		colorText[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};
	};
};
};

.pbo the "@Splash" folder and load it like any other mod folder.

Thanks for your reply snkman,

couple questions on what u said:

* how do i create a pbo, is there a tool i need?

* how do I create a file called Config.cpp do i need a tool of some sort to make this?

* how do i make a Splash_Screen_Image.paa ?

tool?

* how do i make this file Config.cpp:?

I have arma edit program but i dont see any thing in the new file creation for making cpp files.

So overall heres what im getting at, all i want to do is take a jpg picture, or a few pictures and make it so that when the game starts the first screen i see is a pic of my choice, and then when im loading a mission, i want to see some pics as well.

Lastly is there a way after i create the necessary files and so on to do this is there a way to have a screen show before another screen like specifically?

I hope thats not asking to much. Im still learning about how to create these scripting files and so on, the more i learn the more interesting and exciting this game becomes.

Thanks for your help too I really appreciate you taking time out of your day/night to help a fello arma fan.:thanx:

.pbo

The tool to create a .pbo is called cpbo and is to find at kegetys page.

kegetys.net

Note: cpbo really is a essential tool, if you like to come into arma modding. ;)

Config.cpp

The Config.cpp simply is a text file.

So create a new text file and call it Config.cpp. That's all. :)

The Config.cpp is the configuration file of a AddOn no AddOn would works without it.

.paa

First check this page .paa wiki

My way:

To create a .paa take a picture and load it with Photo Shop.

You have to take care about the picture dimensions!

For me pictures with different dimensions do work. ( 1240 x 1024 )

For some ppl they doesn't work.

Somewhere i also read that a picture always have to be the same dimensions ( 124 x 124 ) or ( 1024 x 1024 )

Then save the picture as .tga

Next you need a official tool, called TexView 2

With this tool you can convert the .tga to .paa

Of course you can change every default loading and/or background image of ArmA.

The class "RscStandardDisplay" is the class to overwrite the start Splash Screen.

There are some more classes, to overwrite other images as well, but currently i don't remember them.

I have to look into some of my older projects, where i was working with them.

Edited by SNKMAN

Thanks SNKMAN for the detailed information!

I have 3 things going on that im trying to solve:

1. I created a mission and a friend has hosted it before for MP, I made an adjustment on the mission which i had artillary on there which worked before and was fine.

I can play the mission no problem. I moved the art triggers and stuff to a new spot on the island, and the art works for me.

When my friend hosts the game he gets this error:

says something along the line of:

"you cannot play this mission because it is based on deleted, or downloaded content that is not found" and then it says "CPS_artyw"

you have any idea what CPS_artyw is? or can be from?

not sure if its an addon i have or if its from the art script or what it is, but i looked and looked and i cannot find anything anywhere with that title.

2. My other issue is i want the burning tank and smoke plumes that you get for default arma, but with ace its even better. problem is i disabled the GL3 settings for the smoke and FX, but i also recently downloaded the Ace 1.07 patch and either way i dont get the burning tank with smoke plumes, i just get a black tank, you destroy a tank and it just turns black. any ideas what can be wrong?

Im assuming ace pacth 1.07 screwed it up or GL3 did, but the plumes and stuff were working fine before 1.07 but when i have GL3 going i didn't see them cuz i had GL3 fx on, but when i turned them off i still dont get the burnng tank and smoke plumes or any smoke at all for that matter.

3.When i make a mission for MP for someone else to host, and I send them a mission file, which file do i send them?

*the file in my arma other profiles folder that is in teh folder missions?

or

*Arma main folder MP missions pbo file of the mission i made?

thanks for your help

Gunter

1.:

Well looks like you use a AddOn with the class name "CPS_artyw" which your friend don't have.

That's why he get the error. Your friend also need to have all AddOns you have and of course some AddOns must be avalible on the Server too.

2.:

Sorry i can't help you with this, becouse i do not use A.C.E.

I'm working on GL3 and if i would use A.C.E. and GL3 toghetter then i never could be sure, if a problem would come from A.C.E. or from GL3.

So by using GL3 only i surely can say, that it's my fault, if something do not work.

3.:

Well thats up to you.

You can save a mission to the "ArmA other Profiles" folder and then move the mission to your "ArmA MP Missions" folder.

If you save a mission in the editor as Multiplayer mission, then the mission will be automatically .pboed and saved in the "ArmA MP Missions" folder.

The bad thing with this is, that you always have to shut down ArmA unPbo the mission edit the mission and re-pbo the mission again, if you like to change something.

MP Missions do not need to be .pboed, ArmA also can use a mission folder.

Thats way easyer and you can change things directly without shutting down ArmA.

I have a repair/refuel/rearm script here i found and im trying to understand how i can increase the time as to make it so that when u enter the trigger area anytime that you get repaired/refueled and rearmed right away.

can someone tell me what i have to adjust to make this so?

script below (not my script but it works,just takes to long to do what it does)

F_Repair = 
{
_vec = (vehicle player);
_type = typeOf vehicle player;
if(getDammage _vec > 0 or fuel _vec < 0.98 and not (_vec isKindOf "Man")) then
{
	_inrepairzone = ((_vec in list RZoneA) or (_vec in list RZoneB) or (_vec in list RZoneC) or (_vec in list RZoneD));
	if(_inrepairzone and _vec != player and speed _vec > -2 and speed _vec < 2 and position _vec select 2 < 2.0 and (local _vec)) then
	{

titleText ["Servicing", "PLAIN DOWN",0.3];
		 for [{_loop2=0}, {_loop2<1}, {_loop2=_loop2}] do
		 {
		    sleep 0.200;	    		    
		    if (getDammage _vec > 0) then {_vec setDammage ((getDammage _vec)-0.0125);};
		    if (Fuel _vec < 1) then {_vec setFuel ((Fuel _vec)+0.0125);};
		    if (getDammage _vec == 0 and Fuel _vec == 1) then {_loop2=1;};
		    if(_vec != vehicle player or speed _vec < -2 or speed _vec > 2 or position _vec select 2 > 2.0) then {_loop2=1;titleText [localize "EVO_015", "PLAIN DOWN",0.3];};
		};
		_vec setVehicleAmmo 1;
	};
};
};

for [{_loop=0}, {_loop<1}, {_loop=_loop}] do
{	
[] call F_Repair;
sleep 1.011;
};

thank you

Gunter

Understand the script fine. But not your question. Do you want repairs to occur at faster rate or just instantly or do you wish to delay the time before repairs start?

thanks for your reply

Within a sec or 2 of entering have it repair, refuel, and rearm.

Edited by Gnter Severloh