Sign in to follow this  
OFPCAT

SOVIET WINTER PACK 1.1

Hi, Guys, just release herewith my Soviet Winter Pack 1.1. Please read readme file before installation...

Getting file here

http://rapidshare.de/files/8321651/SovietWin1.1.ace.html

( Suggest to play the pack in latest version of ECP Mod for getting best effects, such as random russian talks and etc.)

And also some screenshoots

[ig]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/OFPCAT/MODERNRUSSIAN/AFG2.jpg[/img]>100kb

[im]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/OFPCAT/MODERNRUSSIAN/AFG3.jpg[/img]>100kb

[im]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/OFPCAT/MODERNRUSSIAN/AFG4.jpg[/img]>100kb

I see you were unable to understand what i wrote in my last PM crazy_o.gif

Gotta love the comm...

Also intresting that most bugs i told you are still there, helmets, vests...

Hate to begin the beating of the dead horse, but what are Soviet winter troops doing in the desert?

Afghanistan did had winters the last time the russians were there....dunno how it`s today whistle.gifbanghead.gif nice sized pics you have again ofpcat wink_o.gif

Actually they are in the rugged mountain area of Afghanistan during winter time... Unlike winter in Russia, no heavy snow there.

Your images are over 100kb please remove hotlinking.

Looks good going too download em smile_o.gif

STGN

Nice work, but shouldn't "Soviet Regular motorized infantry units" wear white battle dress uniforms instead of those you've implemented and that were mostly used in Afghanistan,though.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Why would you wear white suits in mountain areas full of dirt and sand?

Anyways OFPCAT just a question when did Laser give you his OK?

According to the FAQ Placebo posted the stuff we make with O2 is our own property.

Dont get me wrong, i have no prob letting others use models or parts of our addons but if theres a third party involved and especially this third party then this can change this situation quite a bit.

Laser stripped this third party off rights to use his stuff for good reason, and as i stated above he can do so cause its HIS work.

So the fact you didnt listen to me shows quite some disrespect to his and our work.

so interesting stuff smile_o.gif  but i just wanna know what custom faces do you use in these pics? they looks so real.

An early version of my head.. and no, they aren't that good.

The current version is much better. It's still WIP and the texture quality of the faces could be better but thanks to offtime we have a great start. The old head wasn't appreciated by everyone including me but hopefully this one will be, so we might be able to take it to a new level.

Perhaps the future version of this pack could include it.

@OFPCAT

The units looks great but don't forget to credit those who deserves it. Offtime has done a tremendous job with the face textures and even though the head isn't that good you could at least mention the author whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]Why would you wear white suits in mountain areas full of dirt and sand?

I didn't mean Afghanistan area, I meant "regular winter"/snow one.

He should call his pack "Soviet Winter Pack (Afghanistan)" 1.1

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]Why would you wear white suits in mountain areas full of dirt and sand?

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Well, the 'Afganka' khaki wintersuit was, and still is in some units regular issue, troops wore it in combat situations. Nothing really "Afghanistan" about this pack, it's a good general winter pack for pre-Russian federation units. Take note that the first camouflage pattern for motorized infantry was the VSR that was issued in 1991, after the fall of Soviet Union.

I'm like some Russian chair general, I only seem to post in topics involving Russians! icon_rolleyes.gif

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Well, the 'Afganka' khaki wintersuit was, and still is in some units regular issue, troops wore it in combat situations. Nothing really "Afghanistan" about this pack, it's a good general winter pack for pre-Russian federation units. Take note that the first camouflage pattern for motorized infantry was the VSR that was issued in 1991, after the fall of Soviet Union.

I'm like some Russian chair general, I only seem to post in topics involving Russians! icon_rolleyes.gif

Dont forget that OFP is a game, so a winter island is completely white, the beige suits make sense in reality but not in OFP, there you better go for a Klyksa suit or the plain cheap white oversuits.

Dont forget that OFP is a game, so a winter island is completely white, the beige suits may make sense / find use in reality but dont work in OFP, there you better go for a Klyksa suit or the plain cheap white oversuits.

Especially cause the suits i see here are quite dark for Afgahnka suits.

Thanks for these infos, as Shadow mentioned, it would be better to get a white camo for OFP winter islands.

Btw, the current file seems corrupted, any other mirror would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Thunderbird84

I can't get the troops to appear in the editor, and it sucks imho that they replace Psykke's excellent soviet afghan troops.

One more Addonmaker pissed of by this release i guess huh.gif

But i think he left community quite a while ago...

Ok, played around a bit more with these. I say it's a very good start, even though they feel quite beta. Especiall like the guy with helmet on top of the Ushanka smile_o.gif

bugs:

The AA man doesn't have any strela or stinger, just an AK74SU.

The Lieutenant in the Command group is set as private.

Some obvious graphic bugs like head alignments and white helmets that I guess you know of...

I think if you where to fix these small bugs and the graphic glitches, added white oversuit and rename the addon so we could still use Psykke's original units these will be great. yay.gif

edit: and of course if there are any permission problems, these need to be fixed first!

I havent tried them yet but as I understand...these overwrite Psykke's afghan units?

Your not really suppose to do that. huh.gif

[The units looks great but don't forget to credit those who deserves it. Offtime has done a tremendous job with the face textures and even though the head isn't that good you could at least mention the author whistle.gif

Of course, I do appreciate any body who created the basic models. I mentioned that in the readme file of the pack for those original authors I knew. These faces are really very cool so I included them and added eight more modified faces.

Actually, the pack was a combination work of the parts from several nice makers. For some reason, they cant work together. But I think many lovers of russian troops need such a pack just like me. So I made it and sent to some teams who made the original parts before release.

The pack is open to modification of anybody and any guy who has made any original part of it could claim the right of the pack. So it not only belongs to me. Just hope to have more addons for OFP game.

and white helmets that I guess you know of...

For fixing the white helmet problem, you may need the ICP Driver pack here ( modified)...

http://rapidshare.de/files/8365378/ICP_driver.ace.html

The current uniform could be used for soldiers in winter, regardless of the snow area or regular district. Actually, Soviet men worn such uniform as the regular combat coat in winter time.

Seems some guys mentioned the soldiers in white camo, actually, I also made some as the below...

[im]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/OFPCAT/MODERNRUSSIAN/W1.jpg[/img]>100kb

[im]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/OFPCAT/MODERNRUSSIAN/W2.jpg[/img]>100kb

[im]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/OFPCAT/MODERNRUSSIAN/W3.jpg[/img]>100kb

[The units looks great but don't forget to credit those who deserves it. Offtime has done a tremendous job with the face textures and even though the head isn't that good you could at least mention the author whistle.gif

Of course, I do appreciate any body who created the basic models. I mentioned that in the readme file of the pack for those original authors I knew. These faces are really very cool so I included them and added eight more modified faces.

Actually, the pack was a combination work of the parts from several nice makers. For some reason, they cant work together. But I think many lovers of russian troops need such a pack just like me. So I made it and sent to some teams who made the original parts before release.

The pack is open to modification of anybody and any guy who has made any original part of it could claim the right of the pack. So it not only belongs to me.  Just hope to have more addons for OFP game.

Like i said, crediting people doesnt do anything if the maker himself isnt pleased with the way you use his addons cause as i stated before the rights to them belong to him alone ( see FAQ about O2 models ).

AND i i think WE dont need to be the ones to be blamed for not working with that other party... So mayn things been done and said that created mistrust over and over and i gotta say this lil bit people read here on RHS or ORCS addon threads are only a tiny tip of the iceberg...

99% here dont know all stuff that happend behind the scenes so just believe me if i say we got our reasons...

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Actually, Soviet troops usually worn the winter uniform in such color instead of white camo during winter time. The white camo might be used for patrolling missions in heavy snow time. You may notice the russian troops worn normal camo coats in the battle of Chechen. And anyway it's a good idea if somebody could make some winter islands without totally snow covered. Winter is not always in white snow... smile_o.gif