Sign in to follow this  
walker

New command engine

Hi all

The Chain Of Command is happy to announce the release of the single click and dialogue version of the Command Engine. Thanks to Operation Flashpointâ„¢ Creators Bohemia Interactive Studios http://www.bistudio.com/ who put in the single click command just to let us bring you the Worlds First Ever FPS Strategy Game.

Spinor and the rest of the CoC team have created a version of the CE with no more double click and return; its all point and click for your very own war. Just go to our forum to download it. All the battle school missions are updated and some new missions are due in the next week so keep popping in.

http://www.thechainofcommand.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

Kind Regards Walker

For The Chain Of Command biggrin.gif

Good work Chain Of Command!

I will download this in a while, why did you post this in the General forum though?

RED

uhmm forgive me for asking a dumb question, what does it do?

plus what do i download?

The command engine gives the player full strategic control of multiple squads up through platoons to batallion level. It is a general integrated system that also extends OFP from the tactical level to the strategic. It introduces other elements as logistics and artillery.

You can think of it as the big brother of VBS smile.gif

A more complete description

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">plus what do i download?

<span id='postcolor'>

All the battle school missions include the CE2. My suggestion would be that you download the "CE2 Test Mission" for a for a first look. If you wish to create your own CE2 based missions, you download the "CE2 Editing Package" and the manual.

Hi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Posted on Jan. 12 2003,23:52

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

uhmm forgive me for asking a dumb question, what does it do?

plus what do i download? <span id='postcolor'>

If you ever wanted to be in charge of a large battle in OFP then this does it. biggrin.gif

I am currently working on missions with 750 enemy troops and 500 on the player side.

The Chain of Commands objective was to create missions up to the maximum specification of the game.

There are several missions to play on the site. Like denoir I reccomend playing them in the order they were written as each involves a step up the chain of command with more complex responcibilities.

I think anyone who tries BS06 as their first CE mission will get creamed and they are missing out on the fun of being a platoon commander.

Playing CE missions is like playing OFP the first time frightening and too much you dont understand going on. So just like OFP start as the lowest officer comandin just a platoon or a couple of squads then as you get better play the missions with companies, air support, artilery etc. Look out for the Nam Tour of Duty mission  From Bagel and the Nam Team.

Also out soon an updated version of Sainte Marie Hill and BS10 Nogova Invasion (Air Cav Battalion mission)

One other thing make sure the you are using the latest versions of each mission. The older missions are still there for those who have not updated there version of OFP to 1.85 or later.

Kind Regards Walker

I just downloaded the CE2 missions and artillery modules for the first time and HOLY COW it's awesome.

It's exactly what I've always wanted for OFP and it's a lot easier to use than I thought it would be. Pretty intuitive.

One suggestion, however, is that I'd like to assign a unit a 'guard' function, where it will automatically respond to an enemy contact without me having to order it. It would make my life much easier in BS 06 with the tanks and mech infantry.

But those artillery missions are unbelieveable. Just like the classes I took in the army on how to call artillery fire. So powerful. So realistic. So much fun to blow stuff up with (but I still haven't been able to kill those Trabbies).

Outstanding work, CoC team!!!!!!

I thought 250 objects per side was maximum? I remeber this while constructing my Fort Wyvern mission, I ran out of objects to place....

confused.gif I'm going to have to wait a while until I can play ofp again... sad.gifsad.gif

Max number of groups per side is 63

(63 · 12) · 2 = 1512

^756^

Including Resistance and Civillian sides you could have 3024 doodahs on each side.

Can someone say slideshow in a slideshow in a slideshow in a slideshow five times slow (since slideshows are slow smile.gif)

hi there!

Will this version finally work in a MP game?

(please, pretty please!wink.gif

Best regards

Hi Red Lion

This version is Single Player but with the advances BIS gave us in terms of single click and dialoges.

On top of that as has already been noted the Artilery is improved and control of groups in the form of movement drills and platoon/team formations has been implimented.

Version 3 will be MP. Sorry but computer programming does not create it self   wink.gif Spinor and the CoC team have got the methodologies for making the CE multi player but putting it all together and ironing out the bugs takes time.

I think the MP version is some way off yet. It is not just a case of creating a command program there are netcode server and client sections as well.

Then there is the massive question of bandwidth no matter how you look at this I dont see it being played over a Modem it will be broadband  and local area network. Consider passing variables for in exess of 1000 vehicle and soldier objects plus weapons fire of up to and beyond 30rds a sec per object and you will get an idea of the task

Red Lion as you seem so enthused about the idea I hope you can put in a little work so that the project gets completed earlier. If you can PM me with your level of and areas of programming experience we will see where you can best help.

Kind Regards walker

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Jan. 13 2003,19:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hello! Will my duron 700 lag like Shit whit this Command Engine?<span id='postcolor'>

Hi SpeedyDonkey

Depends which missions you play. You should have no problems with BS01 and BS02 which are platoon level missions. I made and played the original version of BS06 on a 633 Mhz Duron with 256 mb and a 64 mb Gforce 2mx. so I guess that was the limit then.

The current command Engine is a lot faster than the old one  so if you could play the old missions the updated version will still play but be faster.  smile.gif

In the end there is no substitute for trying it. Have a go with the test mission and BS01.

If all is well try the other missions. I am about to put the updated version of Sainte marie Hill up for the beta test team it is a massive improvement in speed and quality and the original was made and played on that same 633mhz machine but with only half the memory!

Kind Regards walker

can you post a direct link to the download? I can't figure out what to download?

Hi all

Just an update for all you hard core officer types I posted the latest version of Sainte Marie Hill to the Chain of Command forum and Bagel has posted his excelent Tour of Duty mission both listed in this forum in User missions wink.gif with links from there. Or check out The Chain of Comand Forum

Kind Regards walker