Sign in to follow this  
Spazo

Ideas to change Domination..

First off, I (and the guys I play with) have loved the Dom modes since we've been playing. I've dabbled with modifying my own maps off other's designs and have finally ventured off the beaten path by taking on a new map that doesn't have a Domination (non-ACE that is) released yet (TMK). Obviously, I want to make it as region specific (aka infantry heavy) so I'm dropping most enemy armor and relying heavily on technicals for vehicles. Quick and mobile small forces taking small (prob 50 m) AOs (usually a city block or two).

I have some pretty lofty goals and am slowly learning scripting but could use some of the expert help I've found available here. Here are some of my ideas...

Idea 1- This is probably the easiest idea. I want to either remove the enemy camps or replace them with a building more appropriate for the location.

Idea 2- Replace the radio tower for reinforcements to something "small and portable" like real terrorists use. A laptop or radio on a small table?

Idea 3- Replace the array of secondary objectives to something more suitable for the region. Some could stay but if I can find the array that may open my brain to new ideas... (God forbid, right?)

Idea 4- I'd love to be able to replace the choppers that drop in reinforcements with a pair of trucks. The transports would depart some building in town, drive to the AO, drop off the units, then leave (doesn't matter where to, maybe back to the starting building or keep the "straight line theory" of the choppers and enter one portion of the city and leave at another).

Idea 5- Replace the D30s with smaller mortar squads (maybe 1 or 2 per AO). Again, light and quick is the goal.

Idea 6- This is kinda the biggie. I've looked at the side mission to rescue the pilots and thought that may be a good starting point for this idea. Here's the timeline: side mission starts, "A gathering of tribal leaders is about to happen. Do not engage any targets but designate the house for a precision strike to eliminate them all", 2-5 minutes later (maybe have some technicals drive in? totally misc idea though) "All leaders have arrived. The meeting has begun.", in another 7-10 minutes "The meeting is breaking up, we're going to miss our chance!", approx 15 minutes after start, "The meeting has adjourned and the leaders have dispersed, we've missed our chance." I'd like to setup a radius of X meters around the house so that if units approach too close, the mission fails; maybe another "warning" radius telling the forces not to approach too closely?

Idea 7- Is there a way to define the location of a Side Mission and have the "X" appear but not be co-located with the actual target? I'd like to "hide" a container (it'd still look different than the rest) within a bunch of containers and have the players locate it rather than just running to the "X". Maybe a "distance & radius" command of the "X" in relationship to it's actual defined location?

Sorry for asking a ton of questions and having few answers. I know I'm asking a lot but I'd love to at least get some helpful pointers on where to start or where to go from here (or what ideas are totally not possible). I figure if I can't tackle these ideas with the help of you guys on here, I prob won't get 'em done!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Spazo, I think I can help you with Idea 2.

It is a spawned object so just like the radar tower you find at base in Domination it will be referenced in one or more of the scripts so you need to poke around, I can't remember off the top of my head but I think the radiotowers are the games illumination towers so search the scripts and find "Land_Ind_IlluminantTower" then replace that with "Notebook" that theoretically should result in the tower becoming a laptop computer. You would still need to use satchel charges in order to destroy them though.

Regards Hawk.

Love those idea's.

really like the changes to 1 2 3 4 and 5.

For me I love domination, but I hate having to hit the same sort of Camp every time.

It would be nice to randomize the fortress\building type so it is different each time.

All in all Great suggestions for an already awesome mission.