Sign in to follow this  
mikelt006

Recieving data........

Hello everyone!

I am yet to solve this annoying recieving data in multiplayer, I tried all the things you can think of (updating drivers , enabling ports, disabeling firawall etc..) but till today I wasn't able to join a single multiplayer game :mad:.

The problam is after the mission file loads, after that it goes on to reicieving data forever , I tried a lot of servers and got the same problam with each of tham. So now I am here to ask if anybody who has/had this problem can help me solve it , any help would be appreciated.

I am having the same problem, replied on an older thread, and no one ever got back to me.

The one thing that I would say to check, is to see if it is actually your internet. Are you able to bring your computer to a friend's house and hook it up? If so, do that, and see if you can connect on a different network. If still no, then you now know that the issue is with your game/computer. But if it works, then you know it is your network.

That is what I did, and found that it works fine on another connection, so the issue is with my network, not my game. That is the first step, let me know how it goes.

for me it was a video driver issue...i have older hardware and was using older drivers, but after installing the newest available video drivers for my video card the issue vanished.

Try a different router.

Try a different router.

Wow thats... well .. the worst advice anyone can give.. I will better stick to try a different game .

@Jakimo did you solve your problem ? if so tell me what you did as I can surely say it not a problem with my network..

Well several people as well as the BE author found that some router brands are not

capable of sending specific packets right.

Now I cannot tell you why only arma make you see this issue, yet it is most likely true for

other apps too. People just don't notice their hardware being faulty.

Hey there, I just found out it actually my router fault (tp-link) I disconnect it and connected to my modem directly and boom I can join any server without problem, I am glad I solve it but it's still weird as I don't have any problem with other online gaming with my router, so right now I can only play multi with router disconnected.. but I would like to know what exacly causing the router to make this and what it actually blocks that prevent arma 2 to join multiplayer servers, any one got a tp-link router can help out? I am sure there some specific setting in there that causing the problem, but I can't figurte out which one as I tried most of them already.

Edited by mikelt006