Sign in to follow this  
tophe

Get the AV8 LGB to bomb on the first run.

I've trying to do a aeasy way to call in LGB's to bomb.

If I throw a IR Target around the "planes2" marker and call this script:

PlaneGroup = CreateGroup West;

plane = createVehicle ["AV8B", [(getMarkerPos "planes") select 0,(getMarkerPos "planes") select 1,100], [], 0, "FLY"];

pilot = PlaneGroup createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot", [0,0,1], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

pilot moveInDriver plane;

pilot setSkill 1;

wp1 = PlaneGroup addWaypoint [(getmarkerpos "planes2"), 0];

wp1 setWaypointSpeed "NORMAL";

wp1 setWaypointType "SAD";

The plane will spawn, fly over, then turn back and drop the bomb on the second run.

It doesn't matter what speed I set or how far off I let the plane spawn.

He always makes a perfect hit, the second time he fly over.

Is there a way to get him to drop the LGB on the first run?

responding to wrong thread

Edited by bartkusa
i am dumb

Have you tried setting the altitude of the plane higher at spawn, and forcing it to target that IR? To me this sounds like the plane is just not picking up the IR target quick enough, so it makes a second pass. AI stuff.

How do I force it to target the IR?

Are you sure he can see the IR target from where he's coming from?

How do I force it to target the IR?

doTarget

doFire

Also, galzohar has a good point. Spawn a jet in the same position as it would in your script and have yourself as pilot, see how it works.

Thanks guys...

I know how to use doTarget and doFire, but I need a good solution to check if the IR is present and then target it.

And yes he can see the target. I tried it out on the desert island as well.

I always wanted to know how to let a spawned Jet bomb a target marked with the Laserdesignator.

I know there is a new command about the lasertarget, anyone knows more ?

The same thing happens if you place a jet (as flying) in the editor with a waypoint near your "target", you fire the laserdesignator and the jet will make a pass over the target, turn around and release a bomb on the second run.

This is very irritating if you have a target with AA close by, as it (the jet) slows down and descends at the first pass and often gets shot down before turning for its ingress.

The same thing happens if you place a jet (as flying) in the editor with a waypoint near your "target", you fire the laserdesignator and the jet will make a pass over the target, turn around and release a bomb on the second run.

This is very irritating if you have a target with AA close by, as it (the jet) slows down and descends at the first pass and often gets shot down before turning for its ingress.

Yeah, problem is that the jet will engage other targets too, he only should bomb one target and then fly away.

Try setting the plane to plane allowDamage false.

That way it will not be shot down...

Sadly though, that doesn't help for stupid AI crashing into mountains.

Think that is bad - AI dropping a nuke is really tragic. IRL you'd never fly slow or dive-bomb with one of those. Toss-bombing or lay-down at speed are the way.

Youtube had a vid of someone doing some fancy bomb runs using the new record/playback functions. Maybe that is the way to go for these kind of problems.