Sign in to follow this  
ricnunes

Problem with First Aid Module in Multiplayer Mission, need help!

Recently I finished a Co-Op mission which I uploaded to a couple of dedicated servers and everything went OK except for the First Aid Module which I use with one playable group (The module is sync to the team leader of that group, as per instructions). BTW, I also sync the Battlefield Clearance module to that team leader as well.

The problem that happens is the following:

- When one of the team members gets "suficiently injured" the First Aid module kicks in normally and the player or AI team member of that group will start to "agonize" as it should. BUT when someone aproaches to apply first Aid and presses the "first Aid" option nothing happens (no first aid is applied to the injured team member). Sometimes there's one player within the team that sucessfully manages to apply first aid but that only happens quite rarelly!

So I'm asking for help on this one. How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for replies...

Are you using ACE?

Think i read somewhere that ACE's wound system and First Aid Module isn't compatible!

Nope, I'm using 2 of them only, the "First Aid: Simulation" and "First Aid: Battlefield Clearance" modules.

Can confirm this.

Found out it was related to respawn - after I respawned I wasn't able to heal anymore. Had the action to apply first aid on agonized people, but nothing happened when using it. It worked then again after I rejoined the session.

Yes I think you're correct Bon - It seems for some reason that "First Aid: Simulation" module is NOT very compatible with respawn! What also seems to confirm this is that I also made an another mission where I also use the "First Aid: Simulation" and "First Aid: Battlefield Clearance" modules but in this last mission I didn't use respawn and the "First Aid: Simulation" worked with any problems!

So now I have an another question: Is there a way to use the "First Aid: Simulation" module together with respawn without having this problem?

Once again, thanks in advance for replies.

Thanks for your reply Bon, it certainly helped me to at least find the reason behind my problem.

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

Try adding action as well?

No, I didn't.

According to this webpage:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/First_Aid

It says that the First Aid: Simulation module (which I included in the mission) automatically launches the First Aid: Action module, so according that that webpage having both modules "is redundant and can cause problems".

Edited by ricnunes

As a mini-hijack, in the mission I'm working on - I can drag and carry dead people, both friends and foes. Is this normal?

Thanks for the reply Bon! I'll take a look into your example.

As a mini-hijack, in the mission I'm working on - I can drag and carry dead people, both friends and foes. Is this normal?

Well, it's normal that you can drag and carry dead people belonging to every group that it's sync to the "Battlefield Clearance" module (it's possible to sync enemy AI groups or other friendly AI groups with the "Battlefield Clearance" module as well). But I believe it shouldn't be normal to be able drag and carry dead people belonging to groups that aren't sync to the "Battlefield Clearance" module. But I'm not 100% sure on this one...

Isn't it possible to re-sync a re-spawned player to the module?

I know from reading that it doesn't work with the SOM module but do work with other modules.

Humm I don't know if re-sync the module will work but I kinda suspect that re-sync shouldn't be necessary for the "First Aid" module and/or that re-sync should not work.

The reson why I suspect this is that after a player respawns he still has the "First Aid" option when near injured/agonizing team members so it seems that the module somehow re-syncs to a respawned player, or else the "First Aid" option wouldn't appear, would it?

But I never re-sync module before, so I don't know. Actually and to be honest I not sure how re-sync a module is done? Maybe if someone could help me on how a module is re-sync I could test a bit more...

Humm I don't know if re-sync the module will work but I kinda suspect that re-sync shouldn't be necessary for the "First Aid" module and/or that re-sync should not work.

The reson why I suspect this is that after a player respawns he still has the "First Aid" option when near injured/agonizing team members so it seems that the module somehow re-syncs to a respawned player, or else the "First Aid" option wouldn't appear, would it?

But I never re-sync module before, so I don't know. Actually and to be honest I not sure how re-sync a module is done? Maybe if someone could help me on how a module is re-sync I could test a bit more...

It does sound like the module is still active/sync'ed.

About re-sync, not sure if this is whats needed:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/synchronizeObjectsAdd

Never forget how respawn actually works: A player dies, the respawn delay runs out, the player's body gets deleted, a new unit gets created, player takes role of the new one.

See, since a completely new entity gets created, it of course must be resynced with the module.

This actually happens since patch 1.03 and was considered to make this module working with respawn, I quote from this' patch changelog:

* New: First-Aid modules work with respawn

Unfortunately, it did not what it was supposed to be.

I have another Problem with the First AId Module, tried creating a coop mission with respawn, and it seems if I die in someway while in agony and respawn the ai completely ignore me, Finally figured it out after taking out First Aid Simulation module, Frustrating Hope it gets fixed

I'm digging up this old thread because so far it's the only thing that has resembled my issue.

I have another Problem with the First AId Module, tried creating a coop mission with respawn, and it seems if I die in someway while in agony and respawn the ai completely ignore me, Finally figured it out after taking out First Aid Simulation module, Frustrating Hope it gets fixed

Can anyone confirm this still happens (bold underlined in quote)? It would answer one of my questions (I have tons) for issues with a mission I'm working on. If this was fixed any ideas as to why, after I die in my hosted multiplayer game, the AI ignore me? It's kind of a deal breaker. I was going to try an add rating on respawn... but that would be only a patch for this problem I think, and not even sure it would work:cool:.

PS gonna try Bon's script btw

You have to add -

"player setcaptive=false" in the respawn script.

Thanks to "theOden".

:)