Sign in to follow this  
malcom86

Carrying 2 rifles

What about a mod to equip another rifle on the launcher slot ? It would be great equipping a sniper rifle or a launcher like the M32...taking that in the backpack (whenever possible) is ugly and unrealistic.

Is it possible to do that somehow ?

Glad you posted Malcom86.

I think it can be done, i was working with loyalguard on a thread I posted in 2011 see my thread here on what i was trying to do:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?125858-How-do-I-move-an-item-weapon-to-a-new-slot-in-the-gear

basically the idea was to move a knife to another slot in that thread, which I did, so I know it works, mind you this was for Arma2CO,

but i cant see any reason it not working in Arma3.

Also what i mentioned in the other thread in response to you:

An associated friend of mine on the forums here I had worked with alot who is a scripter/coder, him and I worked on such feature earlier this year, id have to look

back on my mission files to see if i still have the demo mission of it with the scripts in it, it did work but was somewhat buggy, the idea we were working on was

mainly a SniperElite V2 type of loadout, we did do a bulletcam but I've yet to take that further and actually find someone to render a bullet for it, but thats another story.

I will look for that mission with the script for the 2nd weapon, as we did pull it off, maybe i can talk with Rydygier whom was the guy i was referring too that we worked on that.

I will look for that mission with the script for the 2nd weapon, as we did pull it off, maybe i can talk with Rydygier whom was the guy i was referring too that we worked on that.

Glad to hear that !! I'll wait for some news. I'm happy I found someone else interested :)

Hey, As i said I looked for the mission but somehow still didn't have it, but my friend did, so he sent me a copy, and i checked it out, thing is the gun is on your back, thats it.

Cant switch to it, cant use it, when you crouch it stays where its at and is floating.

i ported the script into Arma3 as that mission was for Arma2CO Iron front, and Arma3 i cant get it to work.

Well in the past day or so Rydygier and myself had this conversation, and we're hoping that someone may know what the issue is,

this is what Rydygier had to say and what he tried:

Tell you what, judging by current scripting possibilities, I see no way to make it working well enough via any scripts. You can only try ugly

workarounds similar to that from IF mission, with action removing current primary weapon, adding another instead and maybe glueing previous to the back.

The only real solution would be via addon IMHO - to make duplicate of sniper rifles, you want to have in the mission, that would be configured as secondary

weapon ("launcher") in terms of occupied slot in the inventory. Never tried, so don't know, how to or if there are some side effects or not.

It may be about simple switching single value in the config.

Found this thread. Seems, it depends on type config value. So one need to make mentioned addon, where duplicates of sniper rifles inherits

from originals all but type entry. Type has to be 4. Then rifle should be treated as launcher in the inventory. But, according to this thread,

AI will also treat it that way, so it's rather only for player.

Tried. Made such addon:

class CfgPatches
{
class RYD_RS
	{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 1.0;
	requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Weapons_F_LongRangeRifles_M320"};
	};
};

class CfgWeapons
{
class srifle_LRR_camo_LRPS_F;

class srifle_LRR_camo_LRPS_F_2: srifle_LRR_camo_LRPS_F
	{
	type = 4;
	};		
};

With this I can add to the player modified LRR and will appear in the launcher slot and on the back. Problem, I can recall same, as was in A2,

is it can't be chosen and there is muzzle flash constantly visible. Name of the weapon is properly returned by secondaryWeapon command, but it can't

be selected also by script command. So even this way is broken. Pity. Last chance, I could see is config of inventory slots, where

you can apparently set, which types are acceptable. But ATM no idea, where this config is.

We are hoping someone would know about this config issue, is there any coder/scripters like Rydygier that knows about the values in the slots for the

launcher for what we are trying to do here?

Yep. Kinda annoying each time Arma engine shows a middle finger at something supposedly trivial... Sadly, my config knowledge is poor at best. I wonder, what else except type (assuming it is controlled by the config), should be set in weapon config to make it work properly with secondary slot. Or maybe indeed there is some inventory slot config, wherer these things may be set? And most peculiar detail - that muzzle flash constantly visible for rifle faking a launcher type weapon...

4t8qy1z6q4ex.jpg

We are hoping someone would know about this config issue, is there any coder/scripters like Rydygier that knows about the values in the slots for the

launcher for what we are trying to do here?

I'm asking around for someone to help :)

Thanks for the interest showed !!

Bumping this thread, as I'm very curious if someone did any progress. Do anyone knows if it will be possible one day to carry 2 rifles ? :)

I was interested in this as well. Especially for my Sniper project. I would like to see BIS setup their system so we have 'generic slots' and we can use them via simple config/script how we wish.

Same is true for generic equipment slots. 1-4 slots that are just Equipment #1, Equipment #2, etc. Makes no sense (and gamey), to have a 'map slot' for example. Another weapon on your back of players' choice makes soooo much sense. If you want to carry a submachine gun as a sidearm, and two more guns on your back, why not? The current inventory is still too arcade-ish. Its awesome we can carry anything in a backpack, if it can fit; but I agree, needs a slight overhaul.

Edited by Goblin

I suppose we can only hope in a BI "fix", as the actual setup is too much limited for such a mod. I wonder if they could change something about this just with the Marksman DLC...