Sign in to follow this  
yamajin82

help with using animations

Hello, I recently discovered the animation viewer and have been looking at all the different animations. Through some of my forum searching I have found how to get a unit to do a certain animation (in this case I have some hostages with their hands on their heads, activated by reaching a waypoint). Being a complete noob, can somebody please explain how I would get a unit to get out of the surrender animation to resume normal behavior? I referenced Jester's youtube video on hostage release and I can get them to join my group but they are frozen in the hands on head animation.

On the captives I have:

officer playMoveNow "CutSceneAnimationBaseZoZo"; officer switchMove "TestSurrender";

On the release trigger I have:

[officer, civ1] join p1; officer setcaptive false; civ1 setcaptive false; officer enableAI "move"; civ1 enableai "move";

Like I said, I'm a total noob to this stuff so if you have any suggestions on how to improve the surrender animation or how to get out of it I would greatly appreciate it. Cheers!

If I remember, simply exec this: officer switchMove ""

Note, there is no transition. BTW, the animation name is self explained, so soon or later, this could be renamed.

Alright, I've tried a variety of solutions to get the hostage to release the "surrender" animation but no luck. His hands will come down, but he is then stuck in place, unable to move but has joined my group. My latest attempt was a mix of methods found on the forums including:

On the Hostage named H1:

removeallweapons this; removeallitems this; removeheadgear this; removevest this; this unassignitem "nvgoggles"; this removeitem "nvgoggles"; this setcaptive true; (at one point there was also a " this disableai "move"; added in there but I took it out to see if it was conflicting with my trigger)

Hostage has a waypoint with this in the init:

H1 playMoveNow "CutSceneAnimationBaseZoZo"; H1 switchMove "TestSurrender";

On the trigger (from a post by Kylania):

{

[_x] joinSilent (thisList select 0);

_x setCaptive false;

_x enableAI "MOVE";

} forEach [H1, H2];

Any ideas as to why my hostage is stuck in place? The trigger is working to get his arms down and join my group but won't budge. Also, Kylania, if you read this, you da man!

---------- Post added at 03:11 ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 ----------

If I remember, simply exec this: officer switchMove ""

Note, there is no transition. BTW, the animation name is self explained, so soon or later, this could be renamed.

Oh I also tried this and it didn't work either

I've had various issues with units being stuck after some of the "non-standard" animations. One way is to force the unit into a "standard" animation state from which it should be able to move.

Try this: H1 playmove "AmovPercMstpSrasWnonDnon"; // standard standing animation

Might work, might not, I'm not in front of my Arma box so can't confirm.

H1's init:

removeAllWeapons this; removeAllAssigneditems this; this setCaptive true; this disableAI "move"; _null = [] spawn {H1 switchMove "TestSurrender"; H1 disableAI "ANIM";}; trgHostage attachTo [this, [0,0,0]];

trgHostage trigger:

BLUFOR PRESENT ONCE 2m

onAct:

[H1] joinSilent (thisList select 0);  H1 setCaptive false; {H1 enableAI _x} forEach ["MOVE", "ANIM"];