Sign in to follow this  
A-SUICIDAL

Loudspeaker Playlist (All Versions)

LOUDSPEAKER_PLAYLIST.zip

The example mission shows how to add loudspeaker to your mission that will play through a custom playlist of songs. There is no ability to interact or select an action to change to the next song. The loudspeaker does it's own thing.

When a player disconnects from a dedicated server during a song and then reconnects, the player will not hear any music until the next songs starts.

I have an older version of a PA System radio script, but I was not happy with it. This method works much better and the scripts are easier to work with when it comes to replacing the songs with your own selection of songs.

I created the loudspeaker pole by spawning a lamp post and flipping it upside down and then I pushed it into the ground a little and attached 2 pairs of speakers to the top facing opposite directions. In the editor it just looks like 1 loudspeaker object, the loudspeaker init spawns the pole and second speaker. Makes it easier to deal with.

It doesn't hurt to test it out. Sorry the movie sucks, but I just wanted to show how it works when you disconnect and reconnect. The songs are medium quality, you can easily replace the songs with lower quality sound files to keep your overall mission file size small.

If you replace any of the music, make sure that you add the correct timing for each song and add an extra 3 seconds. So if you add a song that is a minute and a half long, set the time to be 93. It's simple. Edited by A-SUICIDAL

This is pretty cool. Gave it a try, noticed that when I alt-tabbed out and went back in it seemed to play two songs over one another for some reason. Now just need to attach the thing to a littlebird and it will be sweet!

A-SUICIDAL, we really enjoy your speakers boomin' across our camp! So a BIG thanks for this release! Currently we are expanding our territory with forward bases. However we havent been able to get more speakerpoles up! (We tried duplicating, adjusting manually, but without luck...) Would you or someone be so kind to explain how we can setup more speakerpoles across the map? (Which plays the same musiclist.)

I created the loudspeaker pole by spawning a lamp post and flipping it upside down and then I pushed it into the ground a little and attached 2 pairs of speakers to the top facing opposite directions.

Why not just use Empty>Objects>Loudspeakers?

ArmA2OA2013-03-2421-17-38-49_zps5af84f49.png

ArmA2OA2013-03-2421-17-08-74_zpsf7cc7f78.png

Edited by Harzach