I need help. I'm struggling with an issue that prevents me from playing Arma 3, I tried fruitlessly for a week and a half, but I've run out of ideas how to fix it, nor did I find anything that could help me on Arma community forums.
After I got Apex installed ARMA 3 gets "session lost" on every multiplayer game I tried to join. Before Apex was installed everything was running fine: Arma3+A3Launcher+mods (eg.Exile) with no issues whatsoever.
Here are the usual symptoms:
- "Session lost" (the main issue at hand - like 95% of crashes)
- Sometimes a pop-up is different : "You were kicked off" (rarely, usually after I manage to get connected, an then kicked after less than a minute)
- Endless loading (sometimes ambient audio and player VOIP are hearable, even when game freezes with black screen)
- Often, upon loading the server game just returns to main menu with no pop-up.
- If I "dick around" too much (alt+tab, alt+crtl+del or other combinations) during load - the system gets frozen and solid restart is required.
Now, It looks like that: I'm logging in like any normal, sane person, launch steam and A3L, select server, and go! - it always worked before. Then, after logging onto server, choosing location/spawn etc., I can run around, pick some crap from the ground or open a door and in less than a minute I get "session lost". After such kick I usually cannot connect at all ("session lost" upon loading) or I can connect for a minute and got kicked or spawn at the bottom of the ocean and then got kicked.
It seemed to me at first that the issue is with my connection/AV software/change in Arma specs after Apex or me being flagged by infiSTAR/BattleEye as a cheater/pirate/sexual-offender.
But, the game is original, my player ID is active like - since dinosaurs roamed the earth, I've never used any scripts/hacks/cheats, nor have I been with Arma3 account on server with script-kiddies (It is known that crap form such players sometimes "infects" other users on the server and lingers with their accounts like in A2). I'm also pretty convinced I was not banned or even kicked once (other than server restart), I have no VAC ban, and, furthermore, both infiSTAR and BattleEye seems to be loading fine (screenshots attached below).
Now, when I get kicked and then try to reconnect via in-game server browser, the mod window in lobby states that a number of mods have wrong/different version than mine (screenshot below). The mods in question were installed by A3L on clean Arma3 install, wiped of everything (mods/data/clean) as admin, restarted, verified etc. Furthermore, majority of these mods were working fine before I got Apex and their install path made by A3L was correct and launching Arma was giving me no problem at all.
I tried to resolve the issue by several means (listed also below – eg. Copying files from people playing the given server) but I’ve managed only to get one “green” (approved) mod and others not, although it is worth to notice that even with these mods marked as “red” I was able to join and run around for minute.
I may be wrong, but in Arma it was always like “no way” to connect if you did not have the correct mods installed, if the data (.pbo) was not present the game (session) either won’t start at all or run fine occasionally informing you about missing stuff – not like now - letting you play and then decide to kick after exact amount of time.
The same stuff goes on the vanilla official servers, usually at the “receiving data” I get “session lost”/kicked.
I've been playing bohemia games since OPF demo, and I did my fair share of mission making, working in editor, scenario scripting, tweaking and modding, so I am quite familiar with both the engine and all possible issues with BI games themselves had over these years. What I mean by that is that I am well aware that one wrong semicolon in .init line and your computer would explode. Also, English is not my primary language so sorry in advance for any discrepancies/grammar issues.
Here is the list of things I tried with no apparent effect on the issue at hand:
- I've checked and cleaned PC inside
- The CPU is NOT overclocked or anything, nor do I use any "speed-up" software
- As stated before the game worked perfectly (for an arma) prior to Apex update so it is highly unlikely that this could be an hardware issue
- Updated graphic card drivers
- A good old restart
- Disconnected any redundant USB devices (joystick, drives etc)
- Used CMD ipconfig/flushdns
- Restarted router
- Tried both cable and wifi connection
- Updated network interface card drivers
- Updated router firmware
- Setting exceptions in windows firewall
- Setting exceptions in kaspersky
- Disabling kaspersky
- Virus/malware/rootkit scan (malwerbytes/ksp/defender)
- I've read about multiplexing (LCC) issue, but my router (technicolor 7200) does not have any option regarding this.
- I've tired CMD ping command, and the results are always like 5-32ms. (I think 200ms is "desync kick" in arma servers by default) Also, on speedtest I got 4ms and 115Mbps.
- I use arma 3 launcher to manage mods, it worked flawlessly before the Apex update so it is also unlikely that this is the issue, nevertheless I tried different configs, reinstalled and cleaned it up several times
- Tried setting different start-up profiles
- Tried latest performance build (v.16)
- Verified mods
- Deleted, unsubscribed, reinstalled and verified mods
- Launching game with manual setup of required mods
- Installing manually mods flagged in-game as missing/wrong version (more bellow in 'in-game" category) from armaholic
- Installing stated mods from a files copied by friend who actually play on the given sever without any issues at all
- Using different versions of A3L builds
- infiSTAR seems to be working fine
- Verifying game cache
- Launching steam with/without admin privileges
- Launching steam in both online and offline mode
- Disabling steam overlay
- Launching with and without startup command (-noSplash -cpuCount=4 -high -maxMem=8192 -exThreads=7)
- Setting files in arma 3 folder to be NOT read-only (especially battle.eye dll's) and setting all .exe files to be admin privileged
- Un-subscribed/subscribed to all possible mods
- Restarted Steam in different configurations
- Reinstalled Arma several times with total wipe (manually removed folders form user/documents and user/appdata/local, workshsop items, remains from steamapps/arma3 and then a ccleaner and registry check for any lingering shortcuts/strings)
- Launching every .exe in arma3 directory (for registry entry, firewall exceptions etc) as admin
- Deleted my local mission file
- Reinstalled battle.eye (deleted everything from steamapps/appdata/program files, then steam verify)
- Tried arma 3 development build
-Tried in-game FLUSH command (shift+numpad minus) - the game connects successfully but after less than couple of minutes I still got "session lost" pop-up.
-Tried launching the game with different video settings (low, medium, high and finally I let the game chose for itself with autodetect)
- Connecting from in-game server browser - this method clearly states that server is running a different version of few mods also it can be seen on server info (screenshot attached) which mods are faulty. The mods in question were reinstalled by me as stated previously in few different manners.
- New player profile
Also, before loading the example server (exile) I get this message:
" No entry'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/iteminfo.scope'. "
But I'm firmly convinced that this is just a result of the problem or unimportant detail, not a game-breaker.
My specs are:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
AMD Phenom II X4 965
Deneb 45nm Technology
16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A78LT-M (AM3) 36 °C
3072MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (ATI AIB) 46 °C
238GB ADATA SP920SS ATA Device (SSD) 32 °C
Here is my .rpt / log file from the last "sucesfull" connetion that ended in "session lost" after about a minute.
But I was unable to find anything of use since it all looks like one big bug report : conflicting, cannot update, warning, error, no more slots, strange component, memory points not found, not initialized, unknown source, deinitialized, unable to compile, invalid pitch, sync error, error, error and error. This all looks like a one big mess of an error to me.
The only truly intresting thing I’ve found seems to be this:
“No more slot to add connection at 015030 (1523.6,3012.8)”
"c:\w\profile\futura\lib\network\networkserver.cpp ClearNetServer:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!"
It makes no sense to me – none of these files/locations are on my PC.
Other than that I cannot comprehend how the game was even able to launch in the first place after such bug-strom.