Sign in to follow this  
Jaskier

What must I do ?

Hello. I want make a model to Arma II and I've got a problem. I preffer Blender than O2 so I want make a model in Blender and next export it to O2. When I export a model from Blender in .3ds format and I want load it in O2 there is an error. In it write " Missing KFDATA section." What must I do ?

Try .OBJ format or other or .3DS file load in 3Dsmax and export it again as .3DS and O2 will load it

Try .OBJ format or other or .3DS file load in 3Dsmax and export it again as .3DS and O2 will load it

No need for 3dsmax, especially when there's only "the other way" or pay hundreds of euros/dollars if you want to use it for more than 30 days...

Jaskier, you don't need 3dsmax if you want to import your 3ds properly. Just download Anim8or from this site:

http://www.anim8or.com/download/index.html

Direct Link

http://www.anim8or.com/download/animv095c.zip

Note: If you use Vista/Win7, try starting it in compability mode for WinXP SP3 if it doesn't start.

After starting the program (no install needed, just use the exe), wait for it to load until the logo goes away.

Then import your 3ds file into the program.

1-13.jpg

Now go to Options -> Debug -> Dummy 3DS KDATA and make sure it's checked.

3-7.jpg

Then export back to 3ds

4-7.jpg

Import the edited 3ds back into O2 and it should work. :bounce3:

Edited by Icewindo

Very thanks Icewindo. It work ! :)

[EDIT]

I've got next question. Can I use BIS models of infantry (I want retexture them to make other army) ?

[EDIT2]

Then, where I can found Russian Infantry models ?

[EDIT3]

These questions aren't actually, I knew answers.

Then, I've got next problem. I've got a model in .p3d format. When I try open it in O2 I have an error and instead of model is an cube but I've all properties of model on right side (injuries zones etc.) What I must do to have complete model ?

Edited by Jaskier

Someone can help ? I think that anyone isn't visit this topic. ;)

Of course thanks for help. I read it earlier but I think that is a method to edit this.

For textures only, you can HEX edit the paths of the .p3d