Sign in to follow this  
darkxess

Modules Support

Hey guys, how can I get the modules for Ambient Combat, Civilians &

Traffic, and Animals to work on my map please?

Thanks.

afaik you just need to place them on the map... but the amount of civillians placed is really rare^^ anyone knows how to change the amount??

he is asking about making his modules work with his MAP/ISLAND/TERRAIN.

This is NOT mission editing subforum tobias. There is already a sticky thread in that section about modules

I'm sorry if this answer seems a little vague, but the only research I've done on this was so I could write about it; I haven't actually done it on any islands yet.

My understanding is that these modules require certain types of areas to be defined in the map's config.cpp. These areas are related to BIS_fnc_locations and seem to be mostly "hints" for AI and modules, and they're defined in the Names class under CfgWorlds, like map labels and symbols.

Theses are some snippets of these areas' definitions in the Chernarus config (this is inside the Names class):

class AFlatCS_Pavlovo_01
  {
   name = "";
   position[] = {1637.99,3942.0};
   type = "FlatAreaCitySmall";
   radiusA = 100.0;
   radiusB = 100.0;
   angle = 270.0;
  };

class AStrong_Msta_03
  {
   name = "";
   position[] = {11440.31,5497.8};
   type = "StrongpointArea";
   radiusA = 100.0;
   radiusB = 100.0;
   angle = 90.0;
  };

I don't know what all the different types do and I don't think they're explicitly documented anywhere, but their names are fairly obvious. I think Strongpoints are used by Domination (and possibly the strategic AI routines), and FlatArea might be something to do with flying AI, or simply another strategic hint. If you want to see how these are placed on Chernarus and other official maps, check this out.

Again, I'm not entirely sure if these modules depend on this - for instance, I don't see any area types related to animals (though it might be that it simply spawns them away from City areas, or something). Give it a try.